Is par always a good score

I'll take 18 boring pars every single day.

Is it fun to ride the rollercoaster of the birdie/bogey train? Sure is. But at the end of the day if I can walk off the course with having 18 pars, I say that is golfing your ball pretty well.

I would say that every tee box I step up to, I'm thinking par is a good score. However; as I play the hole, if I knock an approach shot to 3 feet and miss the birdie putt then I'm not happy with par and I would say it wasn't a good score.

Considering that I have only shot even par once for 18 holes…par is a good score. I'll take 18 of them every time.

Good score? No. Bad score? No.

I will say that while all pars is great it can make golf very boring.

Do you think Par is always a good score? Do you kick yourself for making par sometimes when you were in position for birdie or better?

I know old man par or good but is it always the best?

I'll take all pars for the rest of my life.......

Depends on the hole and the event--if you are loosing a shot to the field on an easy par 5, It hurts just like the 3 putt bogie.

The fields I play in must not be that good, as I don't think I've ever lost a stroke to the field for making a par on any hole. There may be a few in the field who make birdie to my par on that hole, but then they make bogey to my par on the next and the game is back on. :golf2:

Give me par and I'm a happy golfer, with par I will beat 95% of golfers.

Only time par is a bad score is when 3-putt a par 5 after reaching the green in 2

I have played 36 holes so far, and I have one par. And that was a chip in! Par is awesome.

If it's stroke play, par is fine. If it's match play, par doesn't matter.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

What a great question, I can't every be angry with Par, but if I have a reasonable putt for birdie, par almost hurts. But never hurts the score!

Always happy shooting par. I'd be upset missing a 3 footer for bird, or 3 putting after reaching a par 5 in 2, but looking at the scorecard after the round, I love seeing par.

If someone said you can have par for every hole im writing them down straight away and getting out of there. I would rather just miss a birdie and tap in for par than have a long putt I need to make for par. Birdies are always great and I rather that or par than bogeys any day.

The fields I play in must not be that good, as I don't think I've ever lost a stroke to the field for making a par on any hole. There may be a few in the field who make birdie to my par on that hole, but then they make bogey to my par on the next and the game is back on. :golf2:

still think its relative to the situation. A three putt par may be accepted. I accept my three putt bogies also, but I lost a stroke . Exception would be extreme difficult holes. Sometimes I love bogie too if conditions are tough.

It can be a disappointing score, but it's always a good score. No strokes lost.

"Good enough is the enemy of better". Maybe on July 28th 2014 Par will "always" be good enough, until then its not. That's just me though.

Last edited:
I think par is a good score but not one I am satisfied with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pars are fine in my book. Maybe if I am sitting four feet away for a birdie and I miss, it might sting a bit but it's still a par and for an amateur, that is fine in my book

Par is always good for me is birdie better yep, but I'm never upset with Par

Par is always a good score but not always the score I want. Missing 3-4ft birdie putts doesn't sit well with me.

I am generally shooting for par on every hole. I mean, I don't play a hole thinking about birdieing it. If I'm hitting the ball well and greens in regulation, birdie tries will come naturally. That being said. I'm not a happy golfer if I miss a 3 or 4 foot putt for birdie or any other score for that matter.

Back