Does breaking 100 count...........

66Tiger

Golf > Work = :^)
Reaction score
Handicap
Beer&Soju
on a par 62 course. Actually kept score today.

4 bogey - 2
3 bogey - 3
2 bogey - 8
bogey - 3
Par - 2

Putting -

2 putts - 12
3 putts - 5
4 putts - 1

Total - 98, I have work to do. Left driver in bag, used a 4i for all long drives.

Last edited:
If this is the first time you managed to break the 100 barrier then it counts for you which is all that matters.

Score card says 98 not 100 so count it.

+22 on front 9
+14 on back 9

8 strokes better on the back 9 is always good. Nice job.

No, anything less than a gross 70 is for shame. The USGA will be in touch to revoke your Golf licence. :act-up:

Or in the real world, the card says less than 100, so yes, you have broke 100. Next test is to break 100 on a 70+ course!

Score card shows under 100, it's good enough for me.

Yup, you did it! Congrats 66 Tiger!!

I hate to be that guy, but it would not count for me.
I've spent years trying to break 80, if I were to do it on on a par 62 executive course I would not feel like I accomplished my goal.

Keep at it, you'll get there in no times-

If this is the first time you managed to break the 100 barrier then it counts for you which is all that matters.

I totally agree.....Congratulations Tiger.....Keep it going

no, anything less than a gross 70 is for shame. The usga will be in touch to revoke your golf licence. :act-up:

Or in the real world, the card says less than 100, so yes, you have broke 100. Next test is to break 100 on a 70+ course!

ha ha ha ha ha ha

I first broke 80 on a par 65 or 66 course. It was an absolute goat pasture in rural Virginia... There was drainage from a livestock area that was not running with water (it hadnt rained in weeks). There were several holes that shared greens. Luckily the place was empty so no conflicts. They let us carry on "beverages" so that was cool. I had a good day hitting the ball, the only redeeming feeling was due to the elevated postage stamp greens. I kept hitting them and putted well. The guys I played with were having fun although total newbs. We had a blast and when it all settled up I sat at 79... Ha! Until I shot another 79 on a short par 71 course it was proudly my best scoring round ever.

Celebrate whatever accomplishments you can...

I hate to be that guy, but it would not count for me.
I've spent years trying to break 80, if I were to do it on on a par 62 executive course I would not feel like I accomplished my goal.

Kind of agree with this.

Tapping from my IPhone

I would say congrats and well done. There's always the next target...

Back