Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

Do the type range balls used have any factor in the carry numbers on this device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the perfect smash factor number?

Do the type range balls used have any factor in the carry numbers on this device?

I am 100% sure it does. I haave no proof, website or link but im pretture sure it does for full swings. Id say about 5 to 10 yards .

Now I can only say this is my opinion and thatbisnt always worth that much.

I am 100% sure it does. I haave no proof, website or link but im pretture sure it does for full swings. Id say about 5 to 10 yards .

Now I can only say this is my opinion and thatbisnt always worth that much.

Yeah I would think it had to because most ranges use the 80% compression balls. I always add 15% at least to my distances with range sessions. So if this thing measuring ball speed off the face then I would think that the range balls come off slower than game balls with all else being equal......

What is the perfect smash factor number?
I guess perfect and possible are two different things. You could trend close to 1.5 on driver (I saw a blog somewhere that 1.47 was close to true on modern equipment and driver.)
With legal equipment I think anything in 1.4X range would be incredible. I see very good Iron results at 1.39 (this device only--and it is like bigfoot with rare sightings) --I have not read up on what the pros are doing iron wise.

I guess perfect and possible are two different things. You could trend close to 1.5 on driver (I saw a blog somewhere that 1.47 was close to true on modern equipment and driver.)
With legal equipment I think anything in 1.4X range would be incredible. I see very good Iron results at 1.39 (this device only--and it is like bigfoot with rare sightings) --I have not read up on what the pros are doing iron wise.

Thanks. I saw the 1.5 with my driver today and then could only get 1.38/9 with really well struck irons. I was concerned, thinking to myself I can't hit a better iron shot than that.

I took the plunge and ordered one. Relatively inexpensive, and I find a tremendous amount of value in the 'target' mode. If it's accurate it'll fine tune the wedge game. Don't have much time to go out to the range/course these days, so hope this provides consistent feedback.

I finally got a chance to try one of these out. How awesome. Such a great little device, packed with info. And so easy to setup.

I took the unit to the range yesterday. It turned on - I got the "Hi" - but then nothing and it would shut off on its own within about 3-5 seconds. Batteries? Has anyone else had this happen?

took mine to the range for the first time yesterday. My irons seems shorter than usual, whereas my woods seemed long. I was getting 270-280 yards on my driver (I'm really probably 240-250 on my better days), but seemed like i was getting about 10 yards on average less with each iron. Swing speed with the driver was around 102 which is pretty much what i've been fitted at. Not sure if it I didn't have it at the right distance away, or if i was doing something else wrong. Will have to give it another go this week.

I took the unit to the range yesterday. It turned on - I got the "Hi" - but then nothing and it would shut off on its own within about 3-5 seconds. Batteries? Has anyone else had this happen?
I haven't seen this yet. Sounds like a battery issue to me.

I'm headed out for some serious range work with mine tomorrow, which will be the 4th or 5th time I'm headed out, the batteries on mine have to be close to dying.

Batteries. Happened to me. Took it out of the bag and somehow it had been turned on. Just enough juice to flash HI then flicker and go blank.

Just finished using my Unit again for a practice session. I think this device will be the key for my short game practice this year.

I put the device in practice mode to worked on my 9 o'clock position (averaged about 65 yd). I hit 24 shots in this mode.

Then put the device in target mode at 65 yd and hit the 10 shots. Scored 97 points out of 100 (think I had 2 shots right at 65, which scores 11 points).

I figure I will do this practice daily for a couple of weeks and add in other positions for distance.

Even if the device is off a little, the consistency of swing will be a game changer in the short game plus it make practice a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even if the device is off a little, the consistency of swing will be a game changer in the short game plus it make practice a lot of fun.

The great thing about practice mode for short game is you can walk out to a field, hit some shots with the SC100, measure them off (laser or pace) and know how close your numbers are from the SC100 numbers.

For my LW(58)/SW(54) (I use the SW setting for both) I hit my 1/2 swings 45 and 55 yards. When I laser the shots in the field and compare to the SC100 I get within 3-5 yards every time.

Right now I have a little cheat sheet I made using the SC100 over the last month that has my distance for all clubs with 1/2, 3/4, full, and full with some extra juice. Out on the course I've taken my SC100 numbers and compared it to my game numbers and made little tweaks here and there. Now for the first time in 10+ years I know my real distances to within a yard or two. SC100 is a great tool if you know how to use it.

I did a little comparison testing today with the SC100 and a Zelocity PureFlight. The Zelocity was put into Mode 1 (no clubhead data, just ball speed and carry distance), due to the SC100 taking up the real estate directly behind the ball. Anyway, here's what I found (and don't point and laugh too much at my distances!):

Driver:
Shot Zelocity SC100

1 202 211
2 198 205
3 195 201
4 195 203
5 204 214
6 208 221
7 210 221

Driver 2
1 198 207
2 187 192
3 187 192
4 198 205
5 200 208
6 206 214
7 191 195

3wood
1 164 149
2 172 159
3 179 165
4 158 143

High / Low / Average
Driver 1
Zelocity 210 / 195 / 201.71
SC100 221 / 201 / 210.86

Driver 2
Zelocity 206 / 187 / 195.29
SC100 214 / 192 / 201.86

3 wood
Zelocity 179 / 158 / 168.25
SC100 165 / 143 / 154

Not sure which unit is the 'more correct' one, but that's the data that I collected on the range today. Thought maybe you good folks would be interested in the comparison. And yes, I need to get myself to a pro ASAP for some lessons!

Well, mine showed up yesterday courtesy of MPLefty.

Very excited to be able to give one a shot.... now I just need to get to the range to put it through it's paces.

It's been great to use to dial in half, 3/4 wedge shots. It's also confirming what I thought my irons would be. I would say though that I think sometimes it can be generous w driver.

With the sc100, I get between 220 and 240 of carry distance with the driver.

We just started playing in MN and last week I played twice. Using my GPS, I averaged 238 on the 10 drives I measured.

This jives very closely with the SC100.

I really think that it doesn't matter if it is off a little, it allows you to compare one swing to another during your practice sessions and see the effects of changes to your swings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a tidy little device this thing is. I’ve taken mine to range couple of times now and I do not think it has missed even one shot. There has been an odd strange reading largely when I top the shot or hit it on a strange trajectory.

It opened up my eyes to few things – that I do not hit my long irons well at all (same carry distance between 4i and 6i). Distances seem relatively accurate. My practice range is relatively undulating which makes it harder to estimates distances by only using the markers. I am currently collecting data for each of my clubs so I know what my average is with each club. It also told me that my good friend who has only played golf for 1/10 of the time that I have played hits his driver 30m longer than me. Gulp.

Also my smash factors and club speeds are in line with Trackman averages for someone of my handicap.

This is a revolutionary device. The only downside has been getting strange looks and attention from others at the driving range who can’t figure out what it is and are too shy to ask. But I’ll get over it.

I want to love this thing, but either I'm doing something wrong (probably), or it's broken. My irons are still showing alot less distance than I know I'm hitting them. my 8i is 150, give or take a yard or two. I know the range markers are correct (had a guy double check with his laser), and i'm practically hitting the flag, and yet i''m getting 140, 141, etc...

However, I feel like I'm getting high driver readings. There's a forest at the end of my range, with a big sign that says 260 straight out from where i'm hitting...and a couple might have rolled there (maybe)...but i'm seeing occasionally 270, 280 off the reading (mind you, this is with 102 swing speed too...which i think is basically impossible?).

This is a pretty long thread and admittedly only read a few pages so far, but does this sound like anything anyone has dealt with?

I want to love this thing, but either I'm doing something wrong (probably), or it's broken. My irons are still showing alot less distance than I know I'm hitting them. my 8i is 150, give or take a yard or two. I know the range markers are correct (had a guy double check with his laser), and i'm practically hitting the flag, and yet i''m getting 140, 141, etc...

However, I feel like I'm getting high driver readings. There's a forest at the end of my range, with a big sign that says 260 straight out from where i'm hitting...and a couple might have rolled there (maybe)...but i'm seeing occasionally 270, 280 off the reading (mind you, this is with 102 swing speed too...which i think is basically impossible?).

This is a pretty long thread and admittedly only read a few pages so far, but does this sound like anything anyone has dealt with?

I've seen a few strange readings, but most seen to be very accurate. I had mine on the range again today, until the batteries died, and it was given me some very good readings today. I was striking the ball very good and the results were showing up in the ball flight and the sc100.
ahy3esuq.jpg

ejy6y5y5.jpg

These, and multiple others, were hit good. The yardages looked to be accurate compared to the flags on my crappy range and how well I was striking the ball.

Last edited:
Back