Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in depth review on this new device that is very unique and incredibly intriguing.

http://bit.ly/N5z2Vb

That is an impressive piece of equipment and one that would be an asset to be able to practice with, especially in target mode. Having something like that on the range would be an absolute blast.

Interesting review. Seeing that the device uses a Doppler system many may stray away. I like the addition of the Random and Target modes. I could easily see those becoming an obsession.

Nice review Jman. Pretty interesting product here, would like to see it read spin numbers but am I correct in thinking they have a higher end model coming that will do that?

Nice review Jman. Pretty interesting product here, would like to see it read spin numbers but am I correct in thinking they have a higher end model coming that will do that?

I think we are a ways off still from seeing something like this do spin still (another product up there has added it via an equation, but an equation simply won't be as accurate there IMO).

I'll say this about this one, it will get overlooked by many and then the price tag may scare some off as well, I was one of those at the beginning of this but the thing is just....surprising as heck. The number readouts time and again were right on with the lasered carries I saw, clearly on a windy day they won't be as spot on as it can't account for that, but the SS and Ball Speed were impressive time and again. It has actually become a staple for me on the range now in practice, especially in the target mode so I can work on partial swings with a variety of clubs to work on my scoring distances.

I think we are a ways off still from seeing something like this do spin still (another product up there has added it via an equation, but an equation simply won't be as accurate there IMO).

I'll say this about this one, it will get overlooked by many and then the price tag may scare some off as well, I was one of those at the beginning of this but the thing is just....surprising as heck. The number readouts time and again were right on with the lasered carries I saw, clearly on a windy day they won't be as spot on as it can't account for that, but the SS and Ball Speed were impressive time and again. It has actually become a staple for me on the range now in practice, especially in the target mode so I can work on partial swings with a variety of clubs to work on my scoring distances.

While this product may not fit into my golf budget right now, I can see this device as being a crucial practice partner so to speak. Having something like this to help dial in distances with wedges would be crucial, and help to keep players focused on the range rather than just swinging away.

While this product may not fit into my golf budget right now, I can see this device as being a crucial practice partner so to speak. Having something like this to help dial in distances with wedges would be crucial, and help to keep players focused on the range rather than just swinging away.

Thats honestly it for me, its not earth shattering in what it does, but it gives me a "game" to play while practicing with a purpose and getting immediate feedback with a glance to make adjustments and work on really dialing in.

I would imagine that one could be picked up for under retail pretty early on and once all the "must have the latest tech" guys buy them and don't use them, I'd suspect a used one could be had for a reasonable price.

Great write up Jman. This sounds like a great device and reasonably price I would say. This is something I would think every instructor would want to have for there players. If the price comes down some more I might jump on this guy.

Great review, James. This product really does intrigue me, as it seems like distances on a given club, and especially swing speeds with a given club would be very good to know (and track), and the target modes seem like a whole lot of fun. Would be nice to see spin numbers for each club, but I understand there is some give and take for a unit in this price range, and what it does offer seems to be a great value as is.

Nicely done James. I must have one of these. I think it will help in 3 areas:
1) measuring yardages across the whole bag on full swings.
2) positively reinforcing that the smooth in control driver swing produces the most distance
3) dialing in partial wedge shots 40 - 100 yards, weakest part of my game.

Thanks James!! That sounds pretty awesome. Did you have a chance to compare numbers to any other LM to see if they are comparable?

Great Review! The unit seems like it would be a great tool to take to the range every time you go. The distance would be the main selling point for me. The range I normally go to is very flat, so trying to determine distance is very difficult.

Cool device and solid review, James. With this coming out, it has me excited about the future of tech gadgets that could follow in it's footsteps!

Interesting that you can get a doppler unit that runs on 4xAAA batteries. What was the battery life like?

Awesome review James, this is atop my ponder list for sure, looks like a ton of features packed into a small package!

Great write up! This was a pretty interesting read. I'm surprised at how accurate it was, which is awesome. The target games sounds fun too. The data transfer would be nice, but I wouldn't think it would take too long to scroll through and add them to a spreadsheet.

2) positively reinforcing that the smooth in control driver swing produces the most distance

Get out of my head Brett. GET OUT! :alien:

Thanks James!! That sounds pretty awesome. Did you have a chance to compare numbers to any other LM to see if they are comparable?

Based on last time I was on a monitor SS numbers were pretty on.

Cool device and solid review, James. With this coming out, it has me excited about the future of tech gadgets that could follow in it's footsteps!

Exactly! Think about 5 years ago, would we have imagined stuff like this being real? Think about what could come 5 years from NOW, crazy!

Interesting that you can get a doppler unit that runs on 4xAAA batteries. What was the battery life like?

Really good so far actually, since its a simple digital display and nothing overly-fancy there isn't much drain.

Great write up! This was a pretty interesting read. I'm surprised at how accurate it was, which is awesome. The target games sounds fun too. The data transfer would be nice, but I wouldn't think it would take too long to scroll through and add them to a spreadsheet.

It surprised me a lot too, I'll admit I had trepidation coming into this one, but it will always be in my golf bag now.

That's a fun little product right there. I don't think I'd be able to leave target mode though after I got through with checking a couple carry numbers, it'd be way too much fun.

Great job on this review James. I think this thing looks like a bunch of fun and appears to have already come in handy for you on the practice tee.

Great job on this review James. I think this thing looks like a bunch of fun and appears to have already come in handy for you on the practice tee.

Target mode will be huge for me, already has been.

The smash factor reading will be useful in reviews as well, not so much because of the actual numbers, but to see changes in misses and compare to other heads. Its like I told you, it really is pretty cool.

Great review, James!! I also wish that you could upload the data for later review and comparison purposes. The price tag seems a bit steep, but there is a lot packed in the device for the money.

Wow, this is great. I had no idea this little device even existed and I think it's a great way to dial in yardages and also to mix up practice some. Granted, I was hoping to see a $150 price tag but you typically get what you pay for when it comes to electronics.

Hoping to see this next week! :)

This sounds like a wonderful device to take to the range. Would make it much easier to practice with a purpose on the scoring shots as I could see the target and random modes becoming terribly addictive and partially making it (the random feature for sure) more of a reaction to hit a specific distance-just like on the course.
I too wish the price point was a little lower so as to get this quickly, but alas will have to wait until the price tag and budget find a happy medium.

That's what I was thinking too. As I don't get a chance to practice as much, it's crucial for me to know where I'm at with my swing distances.

It's a great write up Jman, quick question you might not know the answer to. The range I practice at from time to time has "flighted" golf balls. They will let you use your driver, but those puppies fall out of the sky quickly with longer clubs. I wonder if this would give a correct reading, even though the ball are not flying as far? Or does the system follow the flight path the entire time to give you the distance exactly? Or am I crazy? lol

Back