Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

I stuggled with the BB for the first time in my last round. I never hook the ball and I couldn't stop from snap hooking it. The only change I made was playing it +1 instead of neutral standard. Maybe it was just one of those days but it got in my head a little bit. Somewhat a good thing that it's been non stop raining so next time I get out I won't be over thinking it. On a positive I carried a creek from the tips which I had never done before, one of 3 good drives on the day.

I was smoking the BB again today. I'm pulling driver more than ever instead of hitting irons or 3W off the tee. Confidence is high. I've never had a driver that I can step on when I need to and expect consistent results. So fun to hit this club.

I need to stay out of here...plain and simple

Anybody else think Bertha will get upset if I throw a RBZ White Tie shaft in there? The colors might look a little funky, but it's worth a shot.

Yes down in fl in jan. Outside of that just indoors...Both showed stupid forgiveness which I love!

Yes down in fl in jan. Outside of that just indoors...Both showed stupid forgiveness which I love!
Nice, dude. I thought you had, but couldnt remember.

I was smoking the BB again today. I'm pulling driver more than ever instead of hitting irons or 3W off the tee. Confidence is high. I've never had a driver that I can step on when I need to and expect consistent results. So fun to hit this club.
Ditto that Miller.. I played my third round with my BB today and seems like I can hit wherever I want to. Only problem I have is tendency to hit a little right (I am a lefty). Might have to tone down the draw bias. Where I want to and added over 30 yards. Wow is all I can say. (from a guy who never like feel or sound of Callaway) My whole bag is Callaway now.

Ditto that Miller.. I played my third round with my BB today and seems like I can hit wherever I want to. Only problem I have is tendency to hit a little right (I am a lefty). Might have to tone down the draw bias. Where I want to and added over 30 yards. Wow is all I can say. (from a guy who never like feel or sound of Callaway) My whole bag is Callaway now.

Yep, my bag is quickly making the change as well. I've got some Apex Pros on the way! Glad to hear you're having success with the BB! Seems to be a common theme in this thread!

Makes it fun to tee off. I find myself wanting to keep going after 18 bc it's do much fun teeing off with this club. The confidence it gives me is unreal & something I've never experienced.

Makes it fun to tee off. I find myself wanting to keep going after 18 bc it's do much fun teeing off with this club. The confidence it gives me is unreal & something I've never experienced.

Had a couple of guys on the course ask about it today. They loved the sound and look. So impressed with the shaft too. I don't know the specific differences between this and the XHot last year, but this shaft seems a lot stiffer than the XHot was. I feel like I'm much more in control when I get after one.

Hit the Bertha on the Foresight today and my oh my were the numbers delicious. I just wanted to keep hitting it and hitting it because I loved what I was seeing so much.

Thank you Callaway for this gem!

Hit the Bertha on the Foresight today and my oh my were the numbers delicious. I just wanted to keep hitting it and hitting it because I loved what I was seeing so much.

Thank you Callaway for this gem!

I was in the groove and just murdering mine today too.... It kind of had me questioning throwing the tour blue in there when it shows up next week. Seems like the slider set to 0 and 10 degrees and draw bias is the big winner right now.

I feel a little left out, cause mine still isn't the huge winner I know it can be. Hopefully that will change after my lesson tomorrow though, because the good shots I've hit with this club have been absolutely astonishing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I feel a little left out, cause mine still isn't the huge winner I know it can be. Hopefully that will change after my lesson tomorrow though, because the good shots I've hit with this club have been absolutely astonishing.

Seems like getting those settings into the right combo is such a huge difference maker. I've mucked with it a bit in different setups and sometimes it doesn't feel like the same club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get that thing dialed it and watch it do wonders! Good luck and hope that lesson gives you the results you're looking for!

I was enjoying my BB till the thirteenth (unlucky for me) when something must have worked lose during the drive and it now sounds like a baby's rattle.

Any ideas guys?

Before the rattle this thing was a beast

I was enjoying my BB till the thirteenth (unlucky for me) when something must have worked lose during the drive and it now sounds like a baby's rattle.

Any ideas guys?

check the weight screws. Mine came loose once too. No big deal though.

Any ideas guys?

check the weight screws. Mine came loose once too. No big deal though.

Yeah make sure apw is tightened until it clicks

Thanks for your replies, I have tightened everything up but it still rattles. It feels and sounds like something is loose inside the head.

Any other ideas, I am playing again tomorrow?

Thanks

This is interesting.

So, you have tightened the hosel screw and apw screw until they click? And nothing "feels" loose, but you can hear something rattling inside the head? If you remove the head from the shaft, and shake it around, does it still rattle?

Also, be sure to check the heel weight screw as well.

Thanks, don't know why I did not think to take the head off, but doing so has identified the source of the rattle. The collar at the end of the adjustment mechanism has broken and half has found its way into the driver head.

Now I need to find out how to get a replacement.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399265416.183969.jpg

I'll have to bring my Ping G15 out of retirement in th meantime.

I stuggled with the BB for the first time in my last round. I never hook the ball and I couldn't stop from snap hooking it. The only change I made was playing it +1 instead of neutral standard. Maybe it was just one of those days but it got in my head a little bit. Somewhat a good thing that it's been non stop raining so next time I get out I won't be over thinking it. On a positive I carried a creek from the tips which I had never done before, one of 3 good drives on the day.

Well, if you increased the loft, the face angle changes a bit - and sometimes that is all it takes. I demo'd a BB in a 10.5 and had it lofted up and had the same issue.

Thanks, don't know why I did not think to take the head off, but doing so has identified the source of the rattle. The collar at the end of the adjustment mechanism has broken and half has found its way into the driver head.

Now I need to find out how to get a replacement.

View attachment 14413

I'll have to bring my Ping G15 out of retirement in th meantime.

Bummer! But, that should be an easy fix I think, once you find a collar. Doesn't sound like you'll have to get a replacement driver or major repair.

Back