Acuna

Reaction score
Handicap
long irons
Does any manufacturer make golf pants that are not too hot in the summer heat (95+ degrees)? If not, someone needs to get on it quick. This isn't so much about nostalgia (and always playing in pants like the pros do) as much as it is about covering up your legs to prevent sunburn. The older I get the more I prefer covering up over sunblock.

I know in the fishing world there are pants made of lightweight material that work well in the heat, but they are more of a cargo pant look and not entirely appropriate on a golf course, especially if it has dress code rules prohibiting cargo shorts/pants.

Just thought I would see if you guys had any ideas. It is about to get HOT in Texas.

Most big brands are lightweight and breathable.

There 18 Greens pants I reviewed recently were really light. Haven't played them in intense summer heat and probably won't, but they are pretty airy.

Im like you,Id rather wear pants then use sunscreen. I just were the hagger cool 18 pants from kohls and they seem fine to me. The Adidas pants seem thinner and lighter to me,but i like the fit of the hagger pants

I think there are multiple options out there for lightweight summer pants. I generally wear shorts, but have a bunch of Izod golf pants that I wear to work all summer long and in a pinch, will wear them to play golf immediately after work. My suggestion would be light colors regardless. I have a pair of black UnderArmour shorts that are really HOT when the sun shines directly on them.

I only play in pants because I find it to be cooler than shorts and i dont like to be lathered up in sunscreen and sweat all day. The lightest ones I have found are either Adidias or the new Izod line. Both are very light. But truthfully any summer golf pant is going to be light. I have several pair for several different compaines and wear any of them in the summer heat.

Not only do all the big name brands have lightweight breathable pants, but some are also featuring SPF(#). The PGA name brand have low price pants that I have heard are great.

Adidas pants are very lightweight and comfortable. When I play in cold weather I put on leggings under them for warmth!

Puma's golf pants are nice and lightweight as well, you usually can get them on sale off their website.

Adidas pants are very lightweight and comfortable. When I play in cold weather I put on leggings under them for warmth!

Puma's golf pants are nice and lightweight as well, you usually can get them on sale off their website.

I have both and they are both lightweight. I usually wear shorts, but I have no issues wearing either Adidas or Puma pants in the summer time. I do avoid walking though and I'll take a cart.

I almost bought a pair of those at the Izod outlet Saturday. Pretty big fan of Izod's offerings.

Love the izod outlet by me. I own about 6 pair of IZOD pants. Get beat the value

I recently bought some Oakley Take pants and they are the lightest golf pants I've ever worn. I like wearing pants as much as I can on the course and these definitely will allow me to do that this summer even in some hot temps.

I bought some Greg Norman pants at Macy's, which are definitely lightweight. Check out Macy's (in-store), as, you can find some great deals at times.

I'll throw in another vote for Puma pants. They have done me well in the humid NC summers.

Back