Your favorite shot to hit?

I love making a 25+ft bomb! Don't care if it's for bird or bogey, makes me smile and my opponent cry..

downhill chip where you just have to get it on the fall line and watch it track down to the hole.

My favorite shot has to be my 155-160 Yd. shot with my 8i - usually straight or with a slight draw - very reliable.

2nd favorite - chip off the fringe off my right shoelaces and all my weight on my front side.

Either a 60-70 yd shot using my gap wedge (50*) or a 50ish yd shot with my 54* wedge.
Love sticking it close!

I love seeing a drive soar into the blue, but my favorite shot is 111yds out gap wedge that hops and stops.

For me it's probably a good full wedge shot from about 120....I have a lot of confidence in that shot right now.

A 240 yard 3 wood to the middle of the green after topping a ground ball tee shot.

haha....I think I saw you pull that off in Lake Charles!

Having to hit a hooking 7-8 iron, haha one shot I've practiced a ton being I like to hook my drives and it looks cool off a tee on the mid par 3s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

A cut off 7i to a 140y pin. Come in low with a lot of spin and stick. Love that shot!

haha....I think I saw you pull that off in Lake Charles!
It's been my specialty so far this year.

Another specialty that's crept up in my last two rounds....6 iron distance par 3's. The last two, I've hit the ball right at the flag to inside 6 feet and dropped both birdie putts. I used to shiver in fear at the thought of a 175 par 3...now I'm looking forward to them. If I could only get my 9 iron dialed in like my 6 iron is......

Any well struck wedge or short iron. That pure feeling off the clubhead where you can just feel the spin being applied to the ball, and then you watch it one hop and stop...money!

Second place is a beautiful tight draw with a long club - any of them really, but especially the driver. And double especially with a Big Bertha driver...just sweet sweet nothingness and it takes off like a rocket.

Love having the 150-155 yard approach shot to the green. Just a nice easy smooth 8 iron. Watching it bounce once and stick. Absolutely love it. Not sure why, but the 8 iron and I have gotten along extremely well this year. Just a club I have a lot of confidence with when it's in my hand.

138 from the fairway. That's a perfect 9 iron for me.

Hitting my driver pure for 300+ yards down the middle.

Either a 80 yard wedge or anything between 130-170 yards where I can hold off the finish for a nice soft cut

I love most shots from 85-110 out. Ranges anywhere from a 3/4 55* to an easy PW.

80 yard shot - 55* wedge, back of stance, flighted down - hop and stop.

For me it's about 150 yards out and hitting an 8 iron, hopefully with a bit of a draw!

Sticking my 60' wedge on the pin from 75-100 yards out... ( then proceeding to miss yet another pretty easy birdie putt...)

A drive that catches the cart path and gives me 50 more yards. Layups on par 5's that bounce off sprinkler-heads are a close second.

It doesn't always come off, but I like hitting my 4 iron when I've got ~185-195 yards or so into the green. When I flush it, the ball flies high, with a slight draw - a thing of beauty. When not hit flush it usually goes straight, but with a low trajectory. It may travel the intended distance, but the last 30 yards or so are rolling on the ground!

Pitchin wedge

I would say being roughly 100-125yards out on a fairway thats not too terribly soft but not too firm. In the shade of the overlooking trees on the right side of the fairway....... birds chirping with the occasional "ping" sound in the distance of other tee boxes.
Nothing else matters. No worries no stress no fears of everyday life. Its just you and that pin. You start to conquer life in a matter of 2.5 seconds.
Your take away ever so pure....that milisecond hesitation at the top.....that swift but smooth as silk down swing with that ever so sweet sounding "shwack" of the club face hitting the ball and driving a 6 inch divot into the air....
Watching that ball balloon slightly and shooting downwards towards the green.....with a slight touch of backspin to make it bite for life and glory all but 2 feet from the pin.....

That my friends. Is my favorite shot!

Last edited:
AW from about 120 out.

As of today it would be 300+ yard bombs with my girl Bertha.

I like the 100 yard shot with the 54* wedge. I feel so confident with it and love when I get myself in a spot to do it.

Back