Ocean City -- 2014 Invitational #4 extra Rounds and Misc discussions

We might end up taking the party out onto the beach. Might have to do some research on OC beach rules.

Totally off subject but it's great to see a THPer coming out east from my home state of CO. We'll have to chat

The Hotel is right on the boardwalk that has installed cameras EVERYWHERE now. And don't try to take anything onto the beach to drink, at all. You will be stopped and questioned. Always a big police presence after dark...just sayin. There are plenty, plenty. plenty of places to go without having to worry. And you can just roll into the hotel when you are ready to crash!

Can't drink on the beach???? What is this country coming to? Next you will tell me that I can't smoke my cigar either.

Dug up the rules for the beach.

Prohibited by City Ordinance

• Consuming alcoholic beverages
  • Dogs on the beach or boardwalk (May 1 - Sept. 30)
  • Sleeping on the beach between 10pm - 6am
  • No one is allowed on the beach or in the ocean between 12am and 5am
  • Using a skim board between 10am - 5:30pm
  • Bringing glass containers on the beach
  • Fires or cooking on the beach at any time

Just so everyone knows what not to do. I'm sure there will be a local establishment within walking distance to gather at since the beach is a no-go. A bonfire with cold beers would have been such a cool way to chill after a long day of golf.

No use of skim board between those times is really interesting.

But I'm sure the move will be Seacrets on Saturday as it'll be a big party there with so many THPers but I'm sure it'll be fun

Dug up the rules for the beach.

Prohibited by City Ordinance

• Consuming alcoholic beverages
  • Dogs on the beach or boardwalk (May 1 - Sept. 30)
  • Sleeping on the beach between 10pm - 6am
  • No one is allowed on the beach or in the ocean between 12am and 5am
  • Using a skim board between 10am - 5:30pm
  • Bringing glass containers on the beach
  • Fires or cooking on the beach at any time

Just so everyone knows what not to do. I'm sure there will be a local establishment within walking distance to gather at since the beach is a no-go. A bonfire with cold beers would have been such a cool way to chill after a long day of golf.
I know one of the locals mentioned that the beach is patroled, but how stringent are they? If we had 10 guys on the beach drinking out of red solo cups (or something similar), would they give us a problem?

I know one of the locals mentioned that the beach is patroled, but how stringent are they? If we had 10 guys on the beach drinking out of red solo cups (or something similar), would they give us a problem?

I never had an issue when I was down there, and our site was red solo cup central.

Friday rounds

Here is the current up to date list:

Rum Pointe morning round

PGG
vman
jlukes
Crest4
Bigball
MPlefty
O'Carroll
Maddog
amsmith61
buckbug
MI Slice
Tpluff
GolfinFF
T2GRN18
LeeB
Youngbuck
GregDan
Creegs7882

milehighgolfer

Lighthouse afternoon round

PGG
Moosejaa (tentative)
Crest4
jwkde
Bigball
MPlefty
O'Carroll
amsmith61
buckbug
jlukes
MI Slice
Tpluff
GolfinFF
Buckjob
DevRickus
Rob Wedge
T2GRN18
LeeB
Youngbuck
GregDan
Chosen1
milehighgolfer

Here are the guys who I will try to fit in:

Rum

JonD
Golf4life
RCgreen

Lighthouse

RCGreen

If anyone else wants in on the Friday rounds, please let me know. I will touch base with Mike D tomorrow to see if we can get in the extras listed above.

Once we figure out these extras, I'll start getting the groups together with each tee time so everyone knows when they're playing and who with.

Looking forward to it!

Friday rounds

Rum Pointe morning round

PGG
vman
jlukes
Crest4
Bigball
MPlefty
O'Carroll
Maddog
amsmith61
buckbug
MI Slice
Tpluff
GolfinFF
T2GRN18
LeeB
Youngbuck
GregDan
Creegs7882

milehighgolfer

PGG
Moosejaa (tentative)
Crest4
jwkde
Bigball
MPlefty
O'Carroll
amsmith61
buckbug
jlukes
MI Slice
Tpluff
GolfinFF
Buckjob
DevRickus
Rob Wedge
T2GRN18
LeeB
Youngbuck
GregDan
Chosen1
milehighgolfer

Rum

JonD
Golf4life
RCgreen

Lighthouse

RCGreen

If anyone else wants in on the Friday rounds, please let me know. I will touch base with Mike D tomorrow to see if we can get in the extras listed above.

Once we figure out these extras, I'll start getting the groups together with each tee time so everyone knows when they're playing and who with.

Looking forward to it!

Hey, please remove me from the Friday rounds to add list. Looks like I'm making it a one day trip.

Sorry dude. Big family trip a week later. We definitely have to meet somewhere this summer for some golf though.
Definitely. I pop in and out of the Jersey/PA thread every now and again. We'll hook up for a round.

Oh man seeing the list that Chris posted is getting me pumped for this event more and more.

Such an awesome list of THP'ers and some awesome courses I can't wait to play.

Last edited:
Ok folks, we're in a holding pattern for the few that are looking to get added. The courses capped the numbers at those rates for the time being. We will be following up with them in a couple weeks.

Mooseja, do you know if you are a definite at this point?

Ok folks, we're in a holding pattern for the few that are looking to get added. The courses capped the numbers at those rates for the time being. We will be following up with them in a couple weeks.

Mooseja, do you know if you are a definite at this point?

I know it's a few pages back. But what were the rates again? Being on my phone it's hard to find. I can't wait to play these two great courses. Thank you so much for keeping this so organized

I know it's a few pages back. But what were the rates again? Being on my phone it's hard to find. I can't wait to play these two great courses. Thank you so much for keeping this so organized

Rum will be $40 while the rates for Lighthouse are:

$69 After*11:00

$50 After*3:00

Posted rates are 149/99/69

Some tee times are before 3:00, I believe some are after.

Those prices are real bargains for courses of that caliber. It'll be fun to play a few different courses that weekend.

Those prices are real bargains for courses of that caliber. It'll be fun to play a few different courses that weekend.

You will love Lighthouse Sound Vman!

I just got into the OC event. I'm up for a round or two on Friday.

Also, anyone still looking for someone to room with....I'll probably be staying somewhere Friday night....then heading back to NoVA on Saturday night. Thanks!

Also, anyone still looking for someone to room with....I'll probably be staying somewhere Friday night....then heading back to NoVA on Saturday night. Thanks!

Congrats. Great to have another "local" in it. I'm not sure of my overnight plans yet so I haven't booked a hotel.

That's great news man. Looking forward to meeting you.

We still need to get up for a round at Laurel one of these weekends.

Very Nice! Glad you made it! I love the way THP takes care of everyone!

Friday rounds

Rum Pointe morning round

PGG
vman
jlukes
Crest4
Bigball
MPlefty
O'Carroll
Maddog
amsmith61
buckbug
MI Slice
Tpluff
GolfinFF
T2GRN18
LeeB
Youngbuck
GregDan
Creegs7882

milehighgolfer

PGG
Moosejaa (tentative)
Crest4
jwkde
Bigball
MPlefty
O'Carroll
amsmith61
buckbug
jlukes
MI Slice
Tpluff
GolfinFF
Buckjob
DevRickus
Rob Wedge
T2GRN18
LeeB
Youngbuck
GregDan
Chosen1
milehighgolfer

Rum

JonD
Golf4life
RCgreen

Lighthouse

RCGreen

Looking forward to it!

Is it possible to replace GregDan's name with mine? He had to back out and I got the call to replace him. I'll be carpooling in with MichganSlice and Tpluff, so wherever they're playing I'm also playing! :)

Is it possible to replace GregDan's name with mine? He had to back out and I got the call to replace him. I'll be carpooling in with MichganSlice and Tpluff, so wherever they're playing I'm also playing! :)

Yeah that makes sense since you're driving in with those guys. I think you're in for both rounds. Welcome and look forward to meeting you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back