Whats the Most Fun You've Ever Had Golfing?

Have to agree with others, my most fun rounds are with THPers from afar.
Maybe Muscle Shoals earlier this year with Michigan Slice Invitational, that was a ton of fun.

I have had so many fun moments on the golf course so it is almost impossible to narrow down to a single moment so I will go with 2 specific moments.

1) Golf trip with my group to Bandon Dunes. The 2nd day we decided to play with 2 clubs on tier make shift par 3 course on the range. We had just spent so much money to play golf yet the most fun was on the free par 3 course. The creativity it took to play with money on the line was so much fun.

2) The second would be a scramble we played with my college team that included 1 throw per player and 2 mulligans. We shot a 46 as we eagled all par 5s and 2 par 4s

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

1998 GTMO Open in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. It was a 2 day, 36 hole event on what has to be the worst golf course I have ever seen. Any vehicle can be a golf cart. I have seen people use mopeds, Jeeps, trucks, etc. There were even a few golf carts. The course is free, and maintained through a combination of volunteers (mow the greens) and the base, which would run a big roadside mower over the "fairways" every couple months. You wouldn't dare hit off of the ground there (rocks, coral). I tried to be a purist once, and scratched up the bottom of my 7 iron pretty good. You carry an astroturf mat with you, and hit off of that. You think the greens at Augusta National are tough? Try figuring out the break of a 30 foot downhill putt that crosses 2 tire tracks and an anthill.

Anyway, there was a great feeling of camaraderie there. Anyone playing that course had to really love golf.

All my rounds at #theking were the funniest rounds of golf I have ever played. Playing with THPers is that much better.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Hands down the two unofficial THP outings in Sarasota / Bradenton. I haven't been to an official event yet but I can imagine how much fun that will be.

I have a few. First, all the rounds at #TheKing were just an incredible experience and so much fun, despite not playing my best. Also, any round I get to play with my dad is a great round, because he lives on the other side of the country and I don't get to play with him much. Same goes for my uncle and my brother. When my brother visited 2 months ago, we were able to go down and play Chambers Bay, and that was just awesome that I was able to have that round with him.

I've had quite a few rounds that rank high on my list.
Several years ago, the husband of one of my college friends invited me to join him and a couple of buddies for a scramble tourney. One of the guys won the putting contest that day and then barely got to use it putter during the round as I poured in putts left and right that day. He still calls that the best putting he's ever witnessed, and it's certainly the best I've ever putted.
Playing with my regular group of buddies back when we used to load up and hit the local muni's every weekend was probably the most fun golf I've ever played though. We laughed, we talked trash and we played some horrible golf on some goat ranch courses... but we had a large time doing it.

Favorite rounds involve playing with 3 good friends and all of us doing well, staying relatively even with each other for some added competition. The back and forth about beating each other is fun, but when everyone is playing well, the round is truly enjoyable.

- Rounds with a good friend.

- Every round this season: I missed last season completely due to an injury, and for the most part of last year, it was unsure if I'm ever able to play again.

Have to be the Texas Invitational last year playing with JJmorris, Jman & Zenger. Then this year in the Adams #OwnTheSecondShot event playing with Alex from Adams, AFWCardinal & Jank.

Really anytime playing with THPers.

The morning of my wedding a friend of mine set a tee time at his home course for me, my dad and 2 brothers as a wedding gift. It was so much fun. By far the best way to spend time with the guys.

I haven't had a chance to get in on a THP event yet, but my favorite time to golf is during scramble tournaments. I typically don't play as well because there is beer involved, but it's a more relaxed version of golf than I allow myself to play when keeping personal score.

Winning is always fun and while golfing with THP'ers in Florida was a blast along with Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Colorado (a couple times each), likely the all around best time was a scrable two years ago where I just couldn't miss. Now if I could just win some day while playing these THP dudes.

THP Atlantic city event last year was by far the most fun round of golf I've ever played and one of the most fun days I've had in years. The whole day was just an absolute blast!!

THP Atlantic city event last year was by far the most fun round of golf I've ever played and one of the most fun days I've had in years. The whole day was just an absolute blast!!

I want to go back so bad

Two moments come to mind very quickly:

1) Grandaddy

2) Shooting Par with my dad when I was in college.

Both experiences were memorable for several reasons. The quality of golf played a big part, but the rounds were so much more than the golf.

Honestly, though, I could put down basically any round that I've played with a THPer, whether it's a formal THP event or just some of the guys getting together, and any of those rounds would be some of the most fun I've ever had on the course.

It sounds cliche and a little sappy, but it's absolutely true.

A few years ago, I was at a bachelor party in New Orleans. On half hour of sleep and straddling the line of still in the bag/extremely hung over, we showed up at the Audobon course and played with rental clubs, starving the entire round. I haven't laughed harder than that day and shockingly, played out of my mind and broke 90 for the first time ever. It was basically the round that got me full on interested in golfing more.

Me and my dad golfing before my wedding is also up there.

I've definitely had some real fun rounds with THPers. Too many to list actually and only eish the number was more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me it was a trip I took with my FIL and 2 buddies to Scotland in 2011. We played 18 rounds in 10 days, with all the famous spots played. The fun, the exhaustion, the drinking, it was the best golf trip I will ever take. The thought of golf trips now are just a let down after playing St. Andrews, Muirfield, Turnberry, Royal Lytham, on and on the hits kept coming and the we had non-stop fun. Not much sleeping but vacations are supposed to be about needing another vacation when they are over.

Any round with my dad...

last fall all did a buddies trip to myrtle 4 rounds 2 days, road trip down it was a blast.

The most fun when playing golf : (1). I play good, in my case if I get scores below 90. (2). Get lucky hole in one.

Definitely any round with my former high school classmates. They're my closest friends, and it gets special because I only get to see them once in every few years. It's just about golf, staying updated, goofing off on the course and usually lots of alcohol.

When we could do it, we didn't want separate flights so we ended up as a sixsome or sevensome, and played as a two-team scramble so we wouldn't hold anyone up, but we had to break up if the club didn't allow it or there were other guys on the course.

These were always fun times. By the second day we usually would be too weak to play any good golf due to lack of sleep and too much alcohol.

Despite the fact that my older generation never used the infinitive verb "golfing," I have had great fun doing that since 1959. Still, my most fun ever on a golf course didn't include playing the game. I truly hope with all of my heart that she has enjoyed a good life since those moments long ago.

Don't tell anyone I said so, but the 8some we finished as was pretty fun.

Playing with my Dad and Brother before my wedding!

Back