Broke down and bought a lesson pack

Jugger18

Reaction score
Handicap
I will be posting video from my lessons here. First lesson was at lunch today. Widened my narrow stance a bit and woked on keeping my head a bit higher. Also need to pull arms in a touch. Biggest issue was holding off on my swing. Freddie, have any good drills for releasing the club

Looking forward to following along Jugger.

Good for you!

Great investment!

This is not breaking down, it is being smart.

What place did you go with for lessons? Was it a local course pro or a place like golftec etc?

I am getting mine through the PGA pro at golf galaxy. He used to be the head pro at one of our city courses until the city fired all the pros and brought in new ones at lower cost :) He is very big on working with what you have and not doing a complete rebuild. I do have my issues but hopefully come Indy I will be in a better and more consistent place than I am today. Natural athletic ability can only go so far. Then we need all the trained help we can get. Just took years and my bruised ego to break down and see the truth.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you! I desperately need lessons just haven't broken down and spent the money yet.

I will be posting video from my lessons here. First lesson was at lunch today. Widened my narrow stance a bit and woked on keeping my head a bit higher. Also need to pull arms in a touch. Biggest issue was holding off on my swing. Freddie, have any good drills for releasing the club
First of all, food for you.

Now make sure you release with the forearms and your eight transfer from right to left. You really can't have a solid release with good weight transfer.

a drill I lie to use is called thumbs up to thumbs up. Hold the thumb of your left hand in your right hand. The thumb of your right hand should be pointed down as if you are hold a club. On the back swing the thumb should be pointed up when it reaches you hip, pointed down when you return to address and up again when you reach the left hip.

Make sure this is accomplished by turn the forearms and not just the hands.

Another drill with a club is to place ate in the butt of the club. The tee should be pointed down at each hip and at your navel in the address position. Both drills require a release to achieve the desired results.

Here is some video from lesson 1. Things we worked on were a bit stronger left hand, Lifting my head a touch to create shoulder clearance (my shoulder wa whacking my head causing me to completely turn my head. Also widened the stance a bit. These swings were with my 8 iron.

Very smart investment. I did this earlier this year and could not be happier with the outcome thus far

Lesson number two. Much less over the top. We are really working on stabilizing my base and getting good flex in my back leg. Let me know what you think Freddie.

Love seeing the progression! I definitely like the videos with commentary for you to review after the lesson. Plus it gives a great before/after view as you work through things.

Keep up the great work!

Have you played a round after modifications to you swing? Notice any difference in your score yet?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have not played a round since before I started lessons. Only lots of trips to the range

looking good keep up the work you can see the changes are in progress

Back