Driver/3 Wood and 1 Ball

3 wood and it's not close. Sunday I missed 1 fairway but I only hit 3 drivers. Any club in my bag is much more accurate than my driver.

Is that a good comfort level or a "I don't know where this is about to go" comfort level?

Depends on the swing I bring to the course that day.

So said everyone that has ever played the game of golf.

Fair enough. I just don't see much difference between my current 3w and driver. Now let me hit something at 18* and I will be a happy camper.

22/21 3 wood over driver. Just about 50/50. I'm gonna be honest, I really thought the 3 wood ratio would be more like a 70/30 split in favor. Either there are some wonderful drivers of the golf ball or people really don't trust their 3 wood off the tee. It could also be that a lot of people don't hit 3 wood off the tee as much as the driver which leads them to the driver pick.

Driver. I only use my 3wood off the tee on long par 3s or par 4s with a sharpe dogleg. My driver is way more consistant for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

3w every day plus twice on Tuesdays. Long and straight.

EDIT: that may change if I ever come across a driver that suits me

Last edited:
Driver for sure

I go to trusty 3w

I think driver is much more of a forgiving club with the larger face and weighting system. I choke down on my driver if I am concerned of accuracy on a tight hole.

Driver/3 Wood and 1 Ball

Driver. They are so big and forgiving now that they are easier to hit than 3w.
A high lofted short shafted driver (460 43-44in) with a low spin ball would be best odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing is said about how far it needs to carry, I'm going driver anyway.

For some reason I top my 4wood sometimes, haven't had that happen with the driver :)

I am pretty confident with my driver but nothing like my three wood. For whatever reason I put a good swing on the three wood a majority of the time, and I rarely have an issue with over swinging.

3 wood, this should be a poll

I am hitting driver, no question.

Pulling driver and booking flights.

Thanks for participating everyone. Good stuff indeed. Goes to show ya, golf is a crazy game to have a norm with!

For the record, I do hit 3W off the tee quite a bit due to shorter courses or how a certain fairway looks to me so I would be taking that 3W and would be heading off to Cabo the next day! When I need some length still off the tee but have to hit a fairway, the 3W comes out.

Keep it in the short grass this weekend guys!

Id take driver. Have a 3w that I slice the crap out of, and no real confidence in it, but I love my driver.

Id take driver. Have a 3w that I slice the crap out of, and no real confidence in it, but I love my driver.

There are so many different 3W's out there now that you should find one that you don't do that with. Why even have the club in the bag then if you have no confidence or use it?

Last year, I would have said 3W as I didn't have a driver

At this moment in time I would probably still say 3W, but I wouldn't be scared to pull the driver though

There are so many different 3W's out there now that you should find one that you don't do that with. Why even have the club in the bag then if you have no confidence or use it?

I said I had a 3w, not that it was in the bag. :D I'm hoping with my lessons and swing changes that I can get it turned around, but for now it's sitting in timeout.

Driver. My 3W has been naughty lately.

Still going with driver for me. For me bigger is better haha

Driver for me

I hit my 3 wood off the tee as a driver replacement for accuracy.

Absolutely 3w for Cabo celebrations.

Agree with this.

I'll pull driver at any point. It is really accurate for me. With that said, if all in focused on is hitting the fairway, and distance isn't a factor, I'm pulling 3W.

Back