Trying to Break 80 Club

Shot 84 Saturday, 88 Sunday. Pretty disappointing after 5 straight rounds in the 70's, but it is what it is. Super windy conditions didn't help matters, but can't really blame it all on that. The driver was super inconsistent with several of my longest ever and with a side wind. Yesterdays 88 actually hd 2 birdies and several other chances with no 3 putts. When a hole went bad it just reall went bad with several doubles.

I shot 39 on the front 9, but the winds picked up on the back 9 and I was a little tired from walking and shot 45 on the back. Hit most of the clubs really well but had a couple short game mental breakdowns on the back.

I was almost there today. I could feel a good round building & ended up with a personal best 84. If a few of the birdie putts would have dropped it would have been even more of a banner day.

44/41 85 today at my teams home conference meet. My ball striking was absolutely awful but a straight driver and some okay putting saved me. I've got two more rounds the next two days at our home invite (different tournament), so maybe there's a chance there.

43/38/81 today for me. I started off double double on the first two holes but those were the only two bad holes I had today. My ball striking was bad, but my short game was on and that was what saved me from a bad round.

My home course is just too damn hard. I think my best chance is to keep working on things there and hope to be on my game when I play elsewhere.

My home course is just too damn hard. I think my best chance is to keep working on things there and hope to be on my game when I play elsewhere.

Same here. I've had several come play my track and nobody has broken 80 yet. Heck the seniors I play with on Tuesday mornings and we rotate pairings, have yet to break 80 since I have been a member?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I've had several come play my track and nobody has broken 80 yet. Heck the seniors I play with on Tuesday mornings and we rotate pairings, have yet to break 80 since I have been a member

I want to change that :banana:

This is a huge factor. Breaking 80 on my home course is pretty damn tough but when I move around to some easier tracks it happens more often.

Last 3 rounds have been 80, 84 and 82. Couple shots here and there keeping me from the 7's. Although this is my first 3 rounds of the year, my home course just opened on Thursday and we haven't had a day above 45 yet, oh and it's been raining. So I am not to upset with how I have been scoring thus far. What really makes me happy is how well I am hitting my long irons, 4 and 5 iron have been really on.

Thought I was there today after a 40 on the front. I am usually 1 to 3 shots lower on the back, but came home in 43.

Driving the back well. Not great, but hitting half my fairways, and my misses are not penal. Sand play is better than it has ever been, thanks to a to in a thread by Freddie, and my Taylor made gap wedge. Putting is good. Just a few brain farts here and there.

Played my home course today from the blues just to change it up a little and was my first time on the course with my bio cell driver. I shot a 43 on the easier front with 7 bogeys and just two pars. On the back I was loosened up and hitting my driver in places I couldn't previously reach even from the white tees. I had four bogeys on the back and made about a 40 foot birdie put on 16 to finish with a 39 and 82 for the round. The greens were extremely dry and firm and my putting suffered with four 3 putts. This beat my PB of 83 from last week so hopefully a sub 80 round is in my near future.

Soooo close! I shot a 42/38= 80.. Drove the ball well, not very long but I was consistent. The greens where in terrible shape probably added at least 2 strokes...four pars, four bogeys and one double on the front. Five pars, three bogeys and one bird on the back.. 5 rounds in the books for the year, 80,81,88,89 and 91... I am confidant and hopeful that I will brake the 80 mark..

I'm stuck at 82, 83. I have to get better putting. I'm making bad reads more than anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trying to Break 80 Club

I really should have done it today. I shot a very loose 40 on the front. I was okay, knew I had it if I just tightened up the game a little. Then I proceeded to double the par 5 10th when I was hitting my second shot from 215 in the middle of the FW. Then I tripled the par 5 13th when I was hitting my 3rd shot from 146 / middle of the FW. From there I was just mentally done and limped home in 46. What a stupid vomitorium I was.

Last edited:
81 today. 40 on the front. Finished with 4 straight bogeys on the back for a 41. Played good overall but collapsed on some back 9 putts. Still aiming for that 79.

84 today. 2 triples and 5 three putts was what got me. If I can just get my driver going a little bit straighter and eliminate the 3 putts I could definitely be there soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

90 today on a slightly more difficult course. I had a blow up triple on a par 5 and then took 3 shots to get out of a large bunker on my 18th hole to add another triple bogey. It was my PB 18 on this course but the sand got the best of me. I'm scared to take a full swing on a short bunker shot for fear of hitting it thin and going over the green. As bad as the round felt and still played bogey golf I know good things are to come.

So close yesterday....shot 80. Lipped out a few putts, the last (for birdie) kinda stung a little bit. Left the driver in the car today, and mostly hit a 3 hybrid and 5 wood off the tee. Played a new course so im very happy with the score. Usually play the white tees, and the course from the whites here was about 150yds shorter, but it definatly had smaller fairways and more fairway sand.

Gonna keep practicing during the week instead of playing and only play sundays and Im sure soon I'll break 80.

I know they say drive for show putt for dough .. But really it should be opposite . Driving is paramount to a good score and especially crucial in breaking 80. Get those drives in the fairways boys and girls and the game is so much easier

I am an enigma. I can shoot 80 in any combination imaginable: 40/40, 39/41, 45/35 (okay, I'm dreaming), but you get the idea. I shot a 79 this winter. But lately can shoot an 80 today, 91 tomorrow!!!

i may do something drastic and go out and practice short game. Just one more 80, and I vow to practice at least one hour on my short game.

A 43/42/85. Had my best Day driving of this year. But they plugged and sanded the greens, and it was almost impossible to putt decently. Got to play with a 75 yr. old gentleman that won the Texas all left-handed championship three times. Bubba could really drive the ball. One of the most enjoyable rounds I have had in a while.
That's a great story. The wonderful thing about golf is that he made your golf day; and you surely made his!

On Saturday I broke 80 with a nice 78.

I needed a par on the short par 5 18th today to break 80. I hit my approach into the drink and ended with an 80.

On Saturday I broke 80 with a nice 78.

I needed a par on the short par 5 18th today to break 80. I hit my approach into the drink and ended with an 80.
That sucks. You will get them next time.

Back