Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Bought the us open version used last fall. It was in great shape though cut down to 44.75.
Feels great. Love the phenom shaft. It's nice to have one of only 500.
So far hitting it better than any other driver of last 4 years. Too bad that doesn't say much these days

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I am re in love my amp cell. Cutting the stock shaft down a bit gave me better contact and distance. 7/9 today with all over 240. Of the two that missed one was 1 yard to the left and the other was an aim issue. Still the same high ball flight but I am getting more roll. The shaft even feels a tough stiffer which is nice. Two words - fairway finder.

I don't think you can find a better driver for the money. Jmo.

I am LOVING mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hey guys...in the Amp Cell or ACP, there is a rubber washer. As I was pulling apart the head & shaft, the screw came out along with the rubber washer. Now which end does the rubber washer fit?

Watching J4U crush his amp cell with ahina in it is fun. 300yd carry!!! Just nuts

Watching J4U crush his amp cell with ahina in it is fun. 300yd carry!!! Just nuts

Right?! He turned me on to Cobra stuff in Vegas.

Never have I had a driver that is sneaky long and forgiving. I have been playing the amp cell for a while now and do not see taking it out of the bag. It surprises me how good this driver is. Cobra hit a home run with this one.

The Whiteboard combo was taking names of other OEMS new stuff on Friday.

Young hockey players couldn't figure it out. Was playing with the asst pro from the Broadmore and a Thailand Pro hockey player that lives here. Really, they play hockey over there! The third was also a hockey player all growing up together. Cobra giving confidence as usual and hitting last after the tee.

Whateve, you better be playing well closing out your tourney!

Have I mentioned lately how awesome this driver is? I thought so with the B Asha, but this D+ puts that combo to shame for me anyways. A LOT lower spin!

Hey guys...in the Amp Cell or ACP, there is a rubber washer. As I was pulling apart the head & shaft, the screw came out along with the rubber washer. Now which end does the rubber washer fit?

Its inside the hostel sleeve, up against the adapter.

Thanks Shook!

As a heads up/preview, I will be posting an Amp Cell (silver) with Aldila NV 65 stiff-flex shaft in the marketplace sometime this week! It has served me very well! Will include headcover and tool; but I do not have the stock shaft. The NV is cut to 45" and has a new winn dri-tac grip.

This one is still in my bag for now. I just can't seem to find one better.

As a heads up/preview, I will be posting an Amp Cell (silver) with Aldila NV 65 stiff-flex shaft in the marketplace sometime this week! It has served me very well! Will include headcover and tool; but I do not have the stock shaft. The NV is cut to 45" and has a new winn dri-tac grip.

Would you possibly sell just the shaft? How would you describe the shaft (low launch etc)?

This one is still in my bag for now. I just can't seem to find one better.

I know that when I set up unless my alignment is off that the ball is near the fairway and after following one of Freddie's tips I gained a lot of distance and some roll out.

Whateve, you better be playing well closing out your tourney!

Have I mentioned lately how awesome this driver is? I thought so with the B Asha, but this D+ puts that combo to shame for me anyways. A LOT lower spin!

I have this same combo and I agree with you on this. I am getting a much more penetrating and higher ball flight than with the B Asha. This shaft also feels a lot better as well.

Ok wow ... played in the wind today (20-30 mph) for the first time with this club. I dialed it down to 8.5 and 9.5,
and I was truly hitting some great low(er) drives that just seemed to roll out forever! One thing that I'm curious about ...
Just where is the "sweet spot" on the face of this driver? After teeing it down lower .. I was amazed at how well it felt on the face!
If I had to guess, to me, it seems middleish and towards the toe? Perhaps a pinch higher then middle?

I didn't wanna make another thread to ask, and this thread is still near the top and popular, (297 pages!:p)
And it could be of some benefit for someone searching to keep it all in one place.?

We all know, or atleast I believe, that every driver face has a sweet-spot ...
So where do you guys find the best place on the face of your Amp Cell is, that feels the sweetest?
I'd also be curious to know how high/low you tee this club up, as opposed to say, your last driver?
My TM 580XD TP at 10.5* needed to be teed highhhh .. but this Cobra Amp Cell seems to not mind a much lower tee.

The Amp is also difficult (with-out using face tape) to see consistently, in terms of where it was hit, sometimes ...
But I found playing today in super windy conditions anyway, that my sweet spot (with a small draw) was at or near like, 11 o'clock?
On the 3rd top line, almost a ball of center. Nothing in the red squares ... Boy, am I anal or wut? :p
But everytime I hit it in the spot that, to me felt like the "sweet spot" .. maaan! What say the masses? :beauty:

Nice Chipper!

I tend to be out toward the toe just outside of center. To be honest you know when you nut one but yeah, the sweet spot is fabulous and big.

Didn't think I would ever say it, but I found a new series that has taken this one out of the bag.

Didn't think I would ever say it, but I found a new series that has taken this one out of the bag.

i can attest that J4U absolutely crushes the bio cell ahina combo!

I still love this driver. A grooved swing just goes and goes. Lately it's the club I've been hitting the best, and the looks and sound just grab your attention. Recently bumped the loft of to 11.5° and had some fantastic success.

Dropped the loft to 9.5 and took a half inch off the stock stiff and this thing is both a rocket launcher and a fairway finder. Implementing panda's driver setup tip doesn't hurt either.

I know this is the awesome amp cell thread but what are the advantages you are seeing from the bio?

People have moved on to the Bio Cell and others but the Amp Cell can be had for a song and is ridiculously forgiving.

I know this is the awesome amp cell thread but what are the advantages you are seeing from the bio?

It is still an awesome driver with the right shaft. Same goes for the Bio line, the stock in the regular doesn't do it for me though. Best combo for me out of the three shaft options is the D+. Combine that with the lower spin of the component and low/low of that shaft...long.

I like the + and wanting to hit the pro, but if I would answer your question with two words....lower spin.

Back