Bennington QO-12 Cart Bag Review W/Pics!

I will try and get one up tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some pics of the included hard case.

qazu6uvu.jpg
amy9uda6.jpg
u8ana5ym.jpg

To the few that said they would like a bigger cooler pocket, how much stuff do you need to bring with you? I have never really seen a bigger cooler pocket than I have on this bag but now I will have to keep an eye out and compare it. I thought it was fairly good sized.

To me it didn't seem like you could get any ice there in with the two gatorades that were shown at all really. Just seemed like a tight fit for just those two. I'm now questioning how much I can fit in the cooler pocket on my bag, but I swear I've fit one of the large gatorades and a couple other things in there. I'll have to check tomorrow as it may just be the picture skewing perception.

Why yes you can still fit ice or ice packs in there still. It is a fairly deep pocket and seems well insulated

I might be in love with your golf bag. That case is super nice as well - thanks for the pictures, I wasn't planning on replacing my bag ...

Love my Bennington. I have the icon edition with the same QO-12 organizer on it and love it! I also use it on the Clicgear 3.5 occasionally and love that setup with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

To me it didn't seem like you could get any ice there in with the two gatorades that were shown at all really. Just seemed like a tight fit for just those two. I'm now questioning how much I can fit in the cooler pocket on my bag, but I swear I've fit one of the large gatorades and a couple other things in there. I'll have to check tomorrow as it may just be the picture skewing perception.

The mouth is the narrowest part of the cooler, it gets wider past that. On really warm days I put a couple freeze packs in with two 24 oz water bottles.

As for on the Clicgear, I have found that the angle causes the shafts to tangle some and requires a little effort to get them out at times. It is better for access to pockets on the push cart than on a power cart, as long as you put the connector for the strap above the upper lift handle.

I may have been skimming but one thing about this bag is all those pockets and that added height adds weight. The course I play regularly is built on a river bank and while going down the hills is ok going up isn't fun at times with this bag. With a full load it is heavy 40 pounds or more heavy. However on a road trip, using power carts, you can prepare for anything and pack all that stuff in this bag easily.

The QO part works as advertised though. If you are retentive your clubs can stay bag chatter free for their entire life, with a little heavy lifting.

Last edited:
thank you for this review. i am very new to golf and have never heard of this company. i like the pictures and what has been said about this bag

i have a question if you dont mind. i was trying to research this bag and was seeing comments about how hybrids wont fit with covers on them and how some were using stealth covers to fit them in the bag. but i saw on the bennington website that there is 4 slots for hybrid clubs
are these 4 slots larger then prior year models so the hybrids fit with their stock covers?

i have a question if you dont mind. i was trying to research this bag and was seeing comments about how hybrids wont fit with covers on them and how some were using stealth covers to fit them in the bag. but i saw on the bennington website that there is 4 slots for hybrid clubs
are these 4 slots larger then prior year models so the hybrids fit with their stock covers?

I don't mind you asking questions at all! The 4 "hybrid slots" are at the top and have a cut out so they rest in there WITHOUT the head cover on it. I have 2 hybrids and use one of the slots so I just removed the cover and put it in the slot. There really isn't any need to have the head cover on since it is protected while in the bag. Like I said in my review, some head covers get "bunched up" especially the ones with a sock like sleeve on it because the bag is so tall but I think it is a minor complaint if any.

Great review. I've recently converted to the cart bag crew and this things seems like it would go great on my clicgear if it fits.

Anyone know how it fits on their push cart?

I have a clicgear 3.5+ and it fits just fine without any issues at all.

I would also like to add my .02 on this bag. Having had many a cart bag I can say this one is terrific in quality and it is clearly designed by golfers as Bennington states. Pros: plenty of pockets, and all makes sense. Balls, tees, mini cooler, etc. I accept that it is taller and I love that it is thinner than my old bag. My Sunday golf partner always joked that my bag took up so much space against his, so now this one leaves a lot of room for him. Be patient: I was a bit frustrated because I carry 14 clubs of which four are wedges. (5-W, 56, 60, 64, 3H, 4H, 3W and D1). It took me a while to get the bag configured to my liking. After trying out several different options, I chose to put the Driver and 3W in the center and run my irons (staggered left to right) from back to front. I used the center-back slot for a 4H and the one next to it for the 3H. Cons: It was frustrating that the bag does not manage headcovers very well. You have to stuff them down, and in the case of hybrids you cannot use the standard covers that come with them because they don't have sock-like necks. Now here is a nice trick I came up with - and Bennington should consider this: I bought a sponge about 2" thick and 6" square. I cut it down to about a four-inch circle (2" thick) and stuffed it down the center slot carefully, using a golf club and a flashlight. Once I worked the sponge to the bottom it tightened up nicely down there and settled in. Now when I insert the driver and 3W into the center section those clubs stand up taller, allowing adequate room for my headcovers. It works well and gives a soft landing when I drop the driver into the bag.

I was also frustrated because my hybrids do not drop all the way down into the bag so they move around in their slots and can sometime clank against each other. So without a headcover I was worried. I cut up one of my hybrid covers to try to get it to work. I also stole one of my dogs toys (rabbit) and cut a hole in it and yanked most of the stuffing. I put this on one of my hybrids to protect it from the other one. I think it came out ok. Pics below. or here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/prospectcitybob/sets/72157642026979514

Pondering this bag right now after reading all this. I wonder how the Cleveland Smart Sole would fit in there. Hopefully just perfect in the spot next to the putter. Any other customizations could be done after reading what Bobste has done to his. That guy is brilliant!

Yes Smart sole fits fine

Awesome thanks.

here ya go--this is the chipper but same idea.

attachment.php

The only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on this one is the fact that its not headcover friendly

The only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on this one is the fact that its not headcover friendly
I don't use the long sock covers on Woods--but you could--it would just rest up a bit on the sock instead of down on the bottom of the shaft. Plenty of room in that center area for Driver and woods.

I found this one youtube that shows some with regular wood covers ---too long of a video, but you can skim through it to see the bag. http://youtu.be/3bMa5ykwLqA

Also on the Clic gear I use the tour bag kit to sit it up tall and away from the hands.

Also there is a newer 2014 QO-14 Model that looks really cool. http://www.benningtongolf.com/golf-bags/quiet-organizer-14-qo-14/

Currentley using a Bagboy pro revolver which I like. Also like these other than no rotating top and no ext. putter well any other real diffentices???

Currentley using a Bagboy pro revolver which I like. Also like these other than no rotating top and no ext. putter well any other real diffentices???
Generally speaking moving parts on a bag would not be something I would want. I did look at it in the store and its probably less expensive--so its more of preference there.

Very informative review. I am considering this QO14 and I saw on most websites that it was 9 or 10 lbs. But I called Bennington and was told it's nearly 16 lbs! I double-checked and the customer rep confirmed.

Very informative review. I am considering this QO14 and I saw on most websites that it was 9 or 10 lbs. But I called Bennington and was told it's nearly 16 lbs! I double-checked and the customer rep confirmed.

the 14 is new, so not sure. They are not light. A true cart bag. Fine in clicgear too--recommended tour bag kit though.

Not sure about the '14 well changes. However, I do love the color options! This bag still is the best cart bag out there imho.

ISO a new cart bag and this one has caught my eye. Will mid-size grips fit into the slots without trouble??

Tommy

Back