What do you check after you get your custom clubs back?

geneticistx

Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA-9.8
Do you ask for a loft/lie report of the clubs you get built? Do you get your swing weight checked before AND after grip installs?

What other things do you ask to see after you get your new clubs and or shafts in your hands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say all of the above for sure. I normally at least get the loft/lie confirmed...depending on how good your club guy is, I would say have the swing weight checked also. I've only had one set come back perfect direct from an OEM.

Who are you getting your custom clubs back from?

for example, removing OEM shafts to put in new shafts (say stock titleist that comes with AP2 and have them replaced with PX). Shaft weight/flex/etc. would be different, affecting swing weight... I've read that spine aligning is not necessary, but a "nice to have" thing.

I would think that ensuring your swing weights are reasonably tight, and other factors such as loft and lie.

Just seeing if theres much of a ciriticism for when your stick come back from repair/new shafts, etc.

for example, removing OEM shafts to put in new shafts (say stock titleist that comes with AP2 and have them replaced with PX). Shaft weight/flex/etc. would be different, affecting swing weight... I've read that spine aligning is not necessary, but a "nice to have" thing.

I would think that ensuring your swing weights are reasonably tight, and other factors such as loft and lie.

Just seeing if theres much of a ciriticism for when your stick come back from repair/new shafts, etc.
Gotcha, yeah I usually have whomever is doing the work check all that during the repair.

What do you check after you get your custom clubs back?

Reading all this I'm thinking I must have the best fitter in the world. He checks everything, loft/lie, damages, grips, CPM's of the shafts, swing weight and much more I wouldn't even think of.

I think that's what a fitter should do by the way. We pay them for advice in what to buy, what fits our game best and our wishes best. Then we order through them and they should make sure that what's being delivered is exactly what was promised and if it's all up to spec.

I had my irons built, same fitter as I still use 15 years later. He ordered everything in parts so he could do the alignments, CPM-measurements, length, gripping and loft/lie as he wants it to be for his customers. He even had new stickers for the shafts so they would all align at the same height from the grip, all facing exactly the same direction at setup.

See post above.

Find a good fitter & everything will come back spec'd perfectly, ferrules will be turned down, weights correct, etc....

Look up Golf Clubmaker's Association and the Professional Clubmaker's Society, you'll find someone close to you.

I look for two things, excess glue around the ferrule and tape sticking out from under the grip, those two things drive me absolutely nuts, more so than a lie angle being off lol.

Shaft is what I asked for. Grip is what I asked for. Lie angle is proper. Everything is tight. Then it's to the course.

I think swing weight is over thought. I couldn't tell you were any of my clubs are at

Make sure they are my clubs and not someone else's .. Make sure no damage .. And find hiding spot from wife , as she feels I spend too much money on this goofy game as it is

Shaft is what I asked for. Grip is what I asked for. Lie angle is proper. Everything is tight. Then it's to the course.

I think swing weight is over thought. I couldn't tell you were any of my clubs are at

It's all those muscles you have lol, it's a significant number to a skinny weak guy like me lol.

It's all those muscles you have lol, it's a significant number to a skinny weak guy like me lol.

Hahaha.

I just grab a club and swing it hard. Hopefully I square everything up hehe.

Back