USA Men's Soccer National Team

Just picked up some tickets for the USA vs Nigeria friendly that is coming up here in Jax. The USA Scotland game was such a good time.

Well got a chance to watch this today. Man that first half was a thing of beauty and then the second half ugh..... Oh well got to see a lot from guys that are definitely gonna be on the plane to Brazil.

Ready for June! USA USA

uqemady3.jpg

Picked up a US Soccer shirt at Dicks today. The Nike jerseys were 90 bucks and that it just an absurd price if you ask me. So I went with the 28 dollar shirt.

4etadu3e.jpg

Well preliminary roster was released yesterday I believe. No real shockers that I know of full roster gets released on June 2nd. Man this is getting close!

Well preliminary roster was released yesterday I believe. No real shockers that I know of full roster gets released on June 2nd. Man this is getting close!

I know he has done nothing to start the season, but given what he was doing as fresh legs off the bench, I hope not having Eddie Johnson doesn't hurt us.

I know he has done nothing to start the season, but given what he was doing as fresh legs off the bench, I hope not having Eddie Johnson doesn't hurt us.

Yeah I hear ya that seemed to be the shock of the roster to most people. I really haven't been following his season so far. He is in MLS right?

Yeah I hear ya that seemed to be the shock of the roster to most people. I really haven't been following his season so far. He is in MLS right?

I think he is there in DC now...hasn't scored yet.

I hope to see a Bradley/Beckerman mid. Bradley can play a more aggressive attack knowing that Beckerman has him covered behind.

Got it. Yeah Jurgen is gonna make you earn that spot for sure. What have you done for me lately?

I hope to see a Bradley/Beckerman mid. Bradley can play a more aggressive attack knowing that Beckerman has him covered behind.

Well said. Beckerman is such a steady Eddie in the mid field. No he is gonna score much but he can open things up for others. He had to be on the plane to Brazil IMO

Well said. Beckerman is such a steady Eddie in the mid field. No he is gonna score much but he can open things up for others. He had to be on the plane to Brazil IMO

I am a little biased being a season ticket holder for RSL but Beckerman can flat out play when he has guys who can run good routes. He is as accurate as anybody with his passing and rarely will you ever see him get beat or turn it over in the back 2/3. Wando and Beckerman have a good connection from most friendlies that I saw. I also wouldn't be surprised if Rimando beat out Howard. My bias likes Rimando more than Howard anyways. I have felt that Howard has been slipping the last little while.

I am headed to Jacksonville on June 7th for the last friendly before the US head to BRAZIL

I just watched that little teaser for the WC Roster. I know that the World Cup is the end all be all but if Jurgen gets fired after this WC I am gonna be a little salty he has been great for US Soccer. The team just has to perform on the field.

I am a little biased being a season ticket holder for RSL but Beckerman can flat out play when he has guys who can run good routes. He is as accurate as anybody with his passing and rarely will you ever see him get beat or turn it over in the back 2/3. Wando and Beckerman have a good connection from most friendlies that I saw. I also wouldn't be surprised if Rimando beat out Howard. My bias likes Rimando more than Howard anyways. I have felt that Howard has been slipping the last little while.

I hear ya about Beckerman. I have always liked him. I have to disagree about Howard he is the best the US has in net IMO. He is a leader back there Rimondo is a great back up.

I just watched that little teaser for the WC Roster. I know that the World Cup is the end all be all but if Jurgen gets fired after this WC I am gonna be a little salty he has been great for US Soccer. The team just has to perform on the field.

I'm pretty sure they already signed him on through the next WC...not saying he can't be fired, but even with three losses in Brazil, I don't think he is fired.

I'm pretty sure they already signed him on through the next WC...not saying he can't be fired, but even with three losses in Brazil, I don't think he is fired.

Nice. God I don't even want to think about 3 losses in Brazil..... Jurgen will have them ready

I was pretty surprised not to see Eddie on the roster. He was such a solid player off the bench for us and especially considering the huge goals he scored for us against Panama and mexico. That DC transfer really killed him, which is sad.

I was very excited to see my SKC guys get the nod, and fully expect Besler to make the final roster. Hoping Zusi can claim a spot as well, but man, lots of really talented guys in that midfield.

I dont see any way he gets fired given how ridiculously tough out group will be. He's been great for us.

Inside a month to go for the World Cup! USA USA #USMNT

Only just looked at this thread. As I'm English I'll be paying close attention to the event. Only really noticed the US group. That looks like a very tough one to me. Are you guys confident?

Having now watched a few US games, they are a far better team than we would give them credit for back home (I'm currently living in the US). That being said, they don't stand a chance of progressing to the knock out stage. The best they can realistically hope for is a draw against Ghana, although I see 3 straight loses for them.

I have high expectations for this team and I hope the rest of the world doesn't expect much from the US. They still have everything to prove but I feel that they are ready to take the next step. Jurgen has altered the mentality now it is a matter of the on the field performance. I absolutely can't wait for June!

I think they will need to be very fit and organised, and be prepared to play without the ball for long periods. Not sure about Ghana.. aren't many of their big names ageing now? If they can beat them in the first game....! But Germany, ouch.
I'm going to be cheering the US on big time in their group...

Back