New Driver=New Player=Even More Fun!

JohnWhirl

Reaction score
Good Evening everyone!

Last week I couldn't pass up the deal on Rock Bottom Golf for the 2012 Cobra Amp Limited Orange Driver. I purchased it Wednesday morning and by Saturday I was out on my local 9 Hole course with it. After playing again this evening, I've now used it for a full 18, and my short answer is I love this driver. I know it's older tech, it's not as adjustable as I thought I might want in a driver, and it's a lower loft than I previously played or expected I might play (9.5* Vs. TaylorMade R9 460 10.5*). But after the last 2 rounds, my driving is much more consistent, my swing has relaxed considerably, my ball flight is much straighter, and I have hit more fairways in the last 18 holes than I have in all the rounds we have played combined since my wife, Father-in-Law and I first started playing again in March. Needless to say my confidence has increased, and I'm having even more fun! I'll try to get a photo or two up in the next couple of days, since I know that without pics, it didn't happen ;)! I just wanted to share the love on this Cobra Amp! Have a great evening!

Nice. Love the original AMP.

That was the first driver that got me all excited on a tee box. Congrats on finding it!

As promised! Here are some photos of the new driver! This club is still blowing me away. Went out with my wife yesterday afternoon to play 9, and on the longest of the 2 par 5's I hit a gorgeous fade 250yds down the fairway. I highly recommend this driver! If you can find one with the Whiteboard it's awesome!! But enough talking...Here are the photos!

Here's the Crown. It really is a gorgeous burnt orange color!

Sole:

E9 Face:

Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Whiteboard - This shaft feels so awesome through the swing!

Face, Sole, and Shaft:

How it looks at address:

Even the headcover is a sweet AMP orange:

Comparison with my old TaylorMade R9 460:

All in all loving this club! Have a great evening!

Wow, pretty cool limited edition colors.

The 2012 AMP was my first driver when I started playing 2 years ago. It will always be remembered fondly; fantastic driver and super forgiving for me.

That was the first driver that got me all excited on a tee box. Congrats on finding it!

me too! Tee'ing off went form being my least favorite aspect of a round to my favorite, and i think i really do have this driver to thank for that.

The AMP was such a huge leap forward for Cobra Golf. I still have a couple of the hybrids, and I haven't totally dismissed possibly keeping them and just replacing the shafts with something more suited to my swing. Great clubs.

Congrats! Nothing better than finding a new club that gives you confidence every time you pull it.

Such a gorgeous color for a golf club. Definitely a head turner

Very sweet looking driver. Sounds like its a perfect fit as well. Enjoy

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Really glad you are liking it. It's great when something really works for you isn't it.. Have fun

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Congrats John! That driver looks awesome with all that orange.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new found confidence! Confidence off the tee is huge!

I upgraded to the Amp Cell this year too and I love it (mine is red). It has made a huge difference in my game.

Great looking club. Have fun with it.

That's a nice stick and I'm glad you are enjoying it. The Amp line is where (to me) Cobra really kicked it into gear. Prior to that I had very little interest in their clubs outside of the Bafflers.

Great looking club! I love my AMP Cell, also.

Back