What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Bridgestone 2014 B330-RX; very durable, ok length, not much spin.

B330S, I really like the bridgestone balls a lot, top performance all the way around.

I played the majority of the round with the SR2. It continues to provide ample distance off the tee and green side spin and feel that I prefer. I did play a few holes with an x2hot +. The distance off the tee was similar but the feel around the green wasn't as nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Played the original Rocketballz ball on Saturday.

taylormade_rocket_ballz_medium.jpg

I forgot how great this ball was and I think I need to find some more. Great feel off the driver and enough spin around the greens for my game. It reminds me a lot of the Wilson Duo or Callaway SuperSoft, but I like the Rocketballz better.

I've played the 2014 pro v1x for my last two rounds because I got some mint used ones for a good price and really like them. They seem to play similar to my current gamer which is a Srixon Zstar xv. I haven't played them side by side but if anything the pro v1x may have slightly more green side spin. However, for the price I think I will stick to my stash of z star XV's that I got for $20 per dozen and just got two more dozen for $10 each at academy.

I've had some great experiences with the Z-Star recently. Love the feel off the driver while still soft around the greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The B330 is just simply amazing on all fronts. There are tons of great ball options out there and I can play them all and enjoy them. But the B330 is just so phenomenal on all fronts.

Used to only play Titleist until Penta TP3- loved that ball- made the ProV feel like a football. Recently tried lots of balls, NXT Tour, Supersoft, Hex, e6, QStar, SR2 and 3 and ZStar. Love the ZStar of the tee but still to hot around the greens. The SR3 is a great ball, long of the tee and enough spin around the greens. I realized that the ball is the most important piece of equipment and that its just not worth playing the cheaper balls. I decided to play proVs' on par 3s, ZStars' on par 5s and the new Tour Preferreds' on the par 4s until my ProV supply runs out.

Last edited:
I played the Pro V1X+ yesterday. A little bit higher flight than I'm used to but that could have been a swing thing. Spin was excellent in my opinion. Had a few 80-105 yard shots that I was very pleased with. I don't get much spin on those 80 yard shots but yesterday was a different story. I didn't really notice anything good or bad distance wise. I don't know what the "+" deal is. I looked around and didn't see much info about them. I didn't see them available in stores at all either.

Bridgestone B330RXS... oh buddy.. me likey.

Not quite as soft as the Supersoft, which is my gamer. But the short game is really where this ball shined for me. ALOT more spin, which left me with alot more short putts.

Played the 330s was impressed long off tee and lots of spin around greens usually play srixon xv decisions decisions

Gamed the SR2 yesterday. Long and straight off of the tee. Great around the greens. I love getting that one hop and almost stop with the short pitch shots and chips. This is a really good ball.

I found a Project(a) as my father-in-law and I were finishing up our round last night, so I played it from about 40 yds out with my lob wedge. It had a nice even flight, came out nice and high, and dropped on the green. It bounced forward one time about a foot and stuck on the green. I've never had that kind of spin control with any other ball I've played (even the ProV1's I've found on the course). It also putted really nicely and felt good coming off the face of my putter. Color me impressed. I'll see how it responds off the tee, and with the other clubs in my bag here before too long!

I played a taylormade tour preferred x and I must say I was a little disappointed! I usually game a lethal which I love and occasionally play a z star!
The x felt hard really hard and the thing just doesn't spin! Full wedge shots still had a little roll out! I would be interested in the tour preferred to see if this spins a little more!
Anyone played these side by side against the lethal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found two balls the other day (Pro V1 and Nike Tour D) and put them up against Callaway Supersoft (just for comparison, neither on my radar for balls).
Supersoft went further than both for me off the tee and felt better than both, esp the Nike, way too firm for me.

Nike was very spinny, danced about on a couple of holes after landing.

Had no issues with supersoft holding, this was a 75yd shot, Pro V1 on the left, Supersoft on the right, both stopped sharply, ProV was maybe 6-7 inches from pitchmark, SS was maybe 10-11.

2014-05-14%20balls.jpg

So was interesting for me and if nothing else, re-affirms Supersoft as current choice.

Gamed the Bridgestone Tour B330 today. Long and straight with the greenside spin and control I've come to expect.

Had a hit with a callaway sr1 the other day. It seemed very incosistent to me. I play my home course quite a bit and i know how far shots go but this thing could go longer than I expected or shorter. It was wet and the air was heavy so I might try it again when dry but the supersoft always finshed where I thought it would. The sr2 might be better for my singspeed so might try them next.

Played 27 on Sunday (in Phoenix/Scottsdale), with three brands - Srixon Trispeed Tour (found a sleeve of these at the house), ProV1, and Bridgestone e6. Windy as hell, 25-30 mph all day.
Srixon - didn't hit a fairway. Lost the sleeve by hole 10. Switched to the ProV1. Hit it straight, 4/6 fairways and the two I missed were off by less than a yard.
Third nine I played with the Bridgestone e6, hit it straight, but it didn't hold the greens very well.
This was the first time I actually kept track of Fairways and Greens with respect to a ball.
On another note, I picked up a dozen Bridgestone B330 and B330S each, and am going to compare them with Trackman and on the course in the next few weeks.

Pulled a Srixon Q-Star out of the bag tonight...and well...I don't think it's as long as the B330-Rx that I was fit for; and I think it releases more on the green as well, but I did go 9 holes for the first time this year without losing a ball, so I've got that going for me.

I used a Callaway Hex Black and Diablo Tour in league play on Wednesday.

Been going back and forth between the B330-RX-S and the B330-S I'm in love with the B330-S it's by far the best ball I've ever played.

Just bought the Callaway supersoft, only have tried them out on the putting green and for chipping. I must say they feel very solid in his category. I plan on playing them on course this week but I am sure they will be a real winner.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I'm back and forth with the B330 and the B330 S, both are incredible but I'm really liking the regular B330 a little more lately.

Back