Broke down and bought a hybrid

robmypro

Reaction score
Made the mistake of going to Golfsmith today. They had the Adams A12 OS hybrids for $59, so I bought the 3h. Going back tomorrow for the 4h. I will be curious to see how easy they are to hit. Reviews were always pretty good.

I sincerely believe that hybrids make the game easier for us common folks. Let us know what you think of them.

Made the mistake of going to Golfsmith today. They had the Adams A12 OS hybrids for $59, so I bought the 3h. Going back tomorrow for the 4h. I will be curious to see how easy they are to hit. Reviews were always pretty good.
How is that swing?

Still out of action Freddie. Been icing it and applying Aspercreme. This really sucks!

Let us know when your back in action and we will get out for a round.

Welcome to the club! my hybrids haved saved me many strokes since i started using them. Hope they work out for you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Let us know when your back in action and we will get out for a round.

Will do! Hoping this intercostal is a week or two thing, and not a month or five thing! What are your favorite courses?

Buy a whole set of Altitudes and don't look back. :act-up:

Nowdays, if you dont have a hybrid in your bag, youre selling yourself short. If it makes you feel any better, I made the mistake of stopping at Golfsmith today and ended up walking out with a Nike Covert 3-wood and VRS hybrid. I also saw a Covert driver that I tried out and almost walked out with as well. Im actually thinking about going back tomorrow, trading in some clubs and picking up that driver. As much as I dont want to buy into the Nike hype, their clubs always seem to work so well for me.

Nowdays, if you dont have a hybrid in your bag, youre selling yourself short.

Agree. Once you get used to them and treat them like an iron you'll wonder how you played without one for so long.

Agree. Once you get used to them and treat them like an iron you'll wonder how you played without one for so long.

I was wondering how to hit the hybrids. So treat them like an iron?

Nowdays, if you dont have a hybrid in your bag, youre selling yourself short. If it makes you feel any better, I made the mistake of stopping at Golfsmith today and ended up walking out with a Nike Covert 3-wood and VRS hybrid. I also saw a Covert driver that I tried out and almost walked out with as well. Im actually thinking about going back tomorrow, trading in some clubs and picking up that driver. As much as I dont want to buy into the Nike hype, their clubs always seem to work so well for me.

Yeah, that is a bad place! Sort of like the daily deal and coupon thread. Lol

Yeah, that is a bad place! Sort of like the daily deal and coupon thread. Lol

I'm not complaining because I walked out with the 3-wood for $100 and the hybrid for $38. I made the mistake last weekend of cruising the used section last weekend while I was waiting to have my putter shortened and regrouped and all week I was pondering buying those clubs.

Thats what ive always been told but never could hit them good. I have a 4 and 5 Altitude in the marketplace if your looking for easy long irons.

My home courses are Heritage at Westmoor and Legacy Ridge.

I find its the best way to hit it. If I move it forward in my stance I end up slicing the thing or over hitting it. With my Stae 2 Taylormade hybrid I've found keeping it just where I hit my iron (slightly behind the middle of my stance) and letting the club do the work gets the absolute best results. Infact if anything I reduce my swing speed with the hybird now that I think about it.

It's a great rescue club that recovers me from wayward drives. I finally found one that delivers distance and control without leaking out to the right. Took me 3 seasons and 3 hybrids until I arrived at the SLDR.

I they are so much easier to hit than long irons the adams are very good

I play them like they are a mid iron. For me, that's a ball or 2 forward of the center of my stance. Usually when people struggle with hybrids, it's because they try to play them like a fairway wood (a ball or 2 behind their front instep and they try to sweep it) but hybrids are designed to be hit like an iron.

I would swing a hybrid the same same way I swing the other 12 clubs. I always try to have a descending blow. I never try to pick it clean.

Welcome to the hybrid club. I believe they are a great option for most golfers. I carry two at the moment and honestly dont ever see me not carrying at least one.

I've got to say that I've never regretted the move to hybrids. My 3I & 4I were just training weights that I was hauling around in my bag for all the good they were doing me.
I now have clubs that I can hit and have eliminated gaps in my yardages. I even replaced my 5I this year (getting old...) and have improved the performance from that club as well.
Playing them slightly forward (1-2 balls) in my stance, swinging with a descending blow and enjoying the results.
3H is getting me ~190 yards, 4H ~ 175, 5H ~ 165.
All without slices being even in the game anymore! Get some and hit some.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I can't wait to hit them. Going back to GS today to get the 4h, so the bag is almost done. Last purchase will probably be a 3w, but I need to see how my distances shake out with these first. I am also keeping my Titleist 712 AP2 3i, as I can hit a low screamer 240 or so off the tee, and have use for that shot. Also good for punch shots. So much for Ping or bust lol.

i have a 3h and 4h i think they will serve you well. great for hitting out of the rough and a nice high ball flight for the loft.

Hybrid is next on my wish list. I'm really wanting to try one out.

Back