SeeMore SPi Fitting and Instruction

He was awesome. He definitely understands and believes in the product/concept. I just hope that I wasn't his only visitor because there were amny that needed the help there today.

I spent about an hour with Alex that morning, so you weren't the only one. After trying basically every putter he had I ended up walking out with a 34" FGP and blue FeelTec grip. The fitting experience combined with the $25 "Grand Opening" coupon made it seem like a bargain.

I spent about an hour with Alex that morning, so you weren't the only one. After trying basically every putter he had I ended up walking out with a 34" FGP and blue FeelTec grip. The fitting experience combined with the $25 "Grand Opening" coupon made it seem like a bargain.

Awesome. My seemore adjusted to his spec recommendations just came yesterday so I am excited. I was supposed to play today but rain is keeping me away.

Awesome. My seemore adjusted to his spec recommendations just came yesterday so I am excited. I was supposed to play today but rain is keeping me away.

Congrats! I'm finally gonna get to use mine this weekend. It's been a long week of anticipation.

Thats awsome guys, roll them well.

I thought I would post this:

Mastery
Mastery is not about being perfect, not even about winning. It’s about staying on the path, day after day, after month after year. It’s about your willingness to fail and try again for as long as you live. It’s about being willing to look silly. It’s about willing to keep going even if it looks like you aren’t getting better at all. You practice diligently for the sake of practice itself, not for some supposed pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or to become famous. You may be tempted to find an easier sport, or you may be tempted to find some other friends who aren’t as good as you so that you can feel better. Mastery isn’t a goal or a destination but rather a process, a journey.
Learning any new skill involves relatively brief spurts of progress each of which is followed by a slight decline to a plateau that is slightly higher than from where you were before. You have to be willing to be on the plateau, the flat line and to keep practicing even when you seem to be getting nowhere. Even though it looks like nothing is happening, there is learning going on. You are learning and developing exactly as your suppose to.

It is something that my Cyber Coach Ben sent me and really has helped me concentrate when I don't see immediate results. It has taking me longer than I would like to admit but the green reading drills we have focused on in the last few weeks are starting to pay dividends. I highly recommend keeping some stats of even the little putting practice games you play to help track your improvement. I still have quite a bit to learn but today helped show me just how far I have come.

Great excerpt Howzat! I believe this came from the book Mastery by George Leonard. Great book & that's what my signature refers to. It's a great read! Gotta learn to love that plateau!

Yesterday was an intersting round. I put the new pre pitt routine into play :

Good :
* first 3 putts lipped out. I guess you could say they were bad, but hitting the hole for birdie three times inba row is a win in my book, the just didnt drop.

*distance control has increased tremendously. No three jacks and the furthest second putt I had was 4ft.

*though I feel like a robot, the piece of mind is for a lack of better words peaceful. I dont stress over at putt at all.

* this part is subjective but important to me. Everyone has a different "feel" while putting. However we can all agree tha if you hit a puttis in the correct position and in the right path of stroke each putter has a feel... you just knoe when it was hit right. The sound and feel is just perfect...well yesterday 80 percent of my putts "felt" perfect. I knew I was in the correct position and I hit the ball dead center and correctly. Amazing stat imo.

Bad: I need to slow the steps down a little. I felt a little rushed some moments. At this point im not sure if its because its new or I took some steps outta the routine. Maybe its because I was a little fast... so this week at tje house ill be adding the metronome on everyvpractice shot to find what I feel comfortable with.

Only 30 putts for me on Sunday, including 7 one putts and my only 3 jack was from 64 feet and I needed to putt it over the fringe on a kidney shaped green. I was automatic from 8 feet and in which felt great. Only 13 putts on the front nine.

The green reading drills have helped and I finally think things are really coming together.

Only 30 putts for me on Sunday, including 7 one putts and my only 3 jack was from 64 feet and I needed to putt it over the fringe on a kidney shaped green. I was automatic from 8 feet and in which felt great. Only 13 putts on the front nine.

The green reading drills have helped and I finally think things are really coming together.

Good to hear its coming together again. 13 on the front..#draino

Good to hear its coming together again. 13 on the front..#draino

Watching everything go in from 8 feet in was a huge confidence boost. I am back to the place I was when the snow hit last year. I feel like every putt has a chance to (and will) drop.

Watching everything go in from 8 feet in was a huge confidence boost. I am back to the place I was when the snow hit last year. I feel like every putt has a chance to (and will) drop.

Im not quite there in my spi mastery. However being that I dont get "stuck" over a putt is bliss. Its become such an engrained feeling.
#Benforpresident lol

Good chat with my coach Ben today. Minor issue with the stance where I am back on my heels just a tad. I will focus on that tonight. Speed and green reading drills are paying off and my avg. putts per round is actually under 30 this last two week stretch. If I can keep it there I will be in very good shape come July. Basically at least a 4 stroke improvement in my game if the numbers hold true.

Should hear some feedback from Big Ben tomorrow since I uploaded him my new routine out on the course. Probably get a little flak as I missed it the putt on the low side :(

3 birdies on the round yesterday and my continued streak of no 3 putts continued. I did have two testers @ about 5ft but drajned them both. The greens were topdressed and soo hard to judge. ( thats my storyband im sticking to it).

Have noticed that I need to work on my distsnce control with anything over 25ft. Im not nearly as precise as I would like to be. In a perfect world id just hit the ball closer, however thsts a fantasy that ill leave in thr dreams.

All I will say that my journey thus far in spi has easily dropped my score 3 to 4 strokes on average. The difference between low 80's and high 70's. 4 strokes in 3 months consistently is priceless. 8 more weeks to go and pretty sure ben will have some ideas to help me even more..

Just had an edufii exhange with Ben. Overal he is pleased with the the new routine. Made two recomendation that make complete sense, but I would have never thought about.

He is also working on some ideas to help me with my distance on those longer putts.

Though the weeks are closing down untill the mc, this experience will last forever for me. I also play on contacting ben once or twice a year for some touch up stuff... also need to make a trip to orlando area one day to meet him... truly a great coach

Alrighty, so time to put skme work in with my longet putts. Ben gave me a simple drill from longer distances.. also we are changing the location of my practice strokes to parallel with the line jnstead of facing the hole. Last little tweak is the last look. Ben feels I should take a little more time before I hit the putt. All will be woeked on Friday

Alrighty, so time to put skme work in with my longet putts. Ben gave me a simple drill from longer distances.. also we are changing the location of my practice strokes to parallel with the line jnstead of facing the hole. Last little tweak is the last look. Ben feels I should take a little more time before I hit the putt. All will be woeked on Friday

Awesome news. I know for me, it has been night and day since I started working with Tim. I now have a plan and an approach. That wasn't the case before

I get to see Jim for a few hours tomorrow and I'm super excited. However, my chipping and pitching game is outstanding as a result of his teaching. I'm easily saving 4 strokes just from that. Need to continue to improve with the putter and gain another 4-5 strokes there....if not more. Lots of work tomorrow afternoon!

A little reflection today. I went back through my Cyber Coach thread to see how far I have come. I wondered in that thread if sub 30 rounds were really possible for me. Putts per round may not be the best stat out there but I think it does tell the story in this case.

Before SPi - 34 putts per round
One month into Cyber Lessons - 31.5 putts per round (October 2013)
Last 4 rounds - 29.5 putts per round

I have never felt so good with a putter in my hand and everyone I play with has been asking what putter I have. The putter deserves some credit for sure but Ben and the SPi instruction is really the star of the show.

A little reflection today. I went back through my Cyber Coach thread to see how far I have come. I wondered in that thread if sub 30 rounds were really possible for me. Putts per round may not be the best stat out there but I think it does tell the story in this case.

I have never felt so good with a putter in my hand and everyone I play with has been asking what putter I have. The putter deserves some credit for sure but Ben and the SPi instruction is really the star of the show.

Awesome stat Cap. Really telling. 4 strokes is a ton

great work! Fantastic!

Worked on a few drills tonight for pace and green reading. Hit 5 putts at each distance from 30,40,50,60, and 70 feet. Got 21/25 inside a putter length and walked away with a huge smile on my face. It has taken quite a bit of work but my routine is now second nature. I feel really good with the putter in my hand and I need to start to incorporate some of these techniques to the rest of my game.

Worked on a few drills tonight for pace and green reading. Hit 5 putts at each distance from 30,40,50,60, and 70 feet. Got 21/25 inside a putter length and walked away with a huge smile on my face. It has taken quite a bit of work but my routine is now second nature. I feel really good with the putter in my hand and I need to start to incorporate some of these techniques to the rest of my game.

Love it! Similar experiences here. The mental confidence in my putting is one thing ill never get over these days. Keep up the work man, maybe a friendly "jedi ben" putting competition on the practice green wil be in order if we have some time :)

Spent a little time going back through my entire spi progress thus far.. amazing the differences.

Ben sent me some pics of "the home office" @ seemore hq. Totally good looking place. Sent me a picture of a rare putter that had be blue with envy :).

Talked to him about my grip. Ive noticed a little wrist action on longer puts. Sent some pics and should have some feedback tomorrow.

So the journey from "self taught no lessons" putting to an spi student has been eye opening.

Ben and I have slowly decreased our conversations, not due to laxk of interest or teaching, but the man has given me every tool I can imagine to put in my toolbox.

I have changed every single aspect of my putting minus the grip. I have grown so much and have learned so much more about putting than I could ever have hoped for.

Im not a tour player as I truly have not had that kind of time. However the confidence in my putting is something that is truly priceless. I dont get stuck over the ball anymore. Im never questioning myself on my second shot to where I need to hit it to make par. If I hit a green in regulation in my mind I know par is the highest score. ( results have proven this most of the time).

I watch the first videos I sent to ben, and immediatly pick out the areas of oppertunity. I follow along my progression and am just in awe of what some great jnstruction and so hard work can so for someone when it comes to putting.

So I send a huge shot out to Ben and all the sponsors/thp for allowing me to have this journey as part of the bigger one. This has been truly priceless and something that I will continue for years to come!

I've been searching. I thought there was an SeeMore Vitual Instruction thread but I can't find it. Trying to bump it to the top for CJ.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I've been searching. I thought there was an SeeMore Vitual Instruction thread but I can't find it. Trying to bump it to the top for CJ.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Search for cyber coach. I would link it for you but don't know how from my phone.

Back