Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Just want to say thanks for all the info on courses in Kentucky before me and the boys went golfing there last weekend. Had a great time in Lexington eating at Cheapside's both nights. The Downtown Brown is a great dish there with their fry dipping sauce to boot. They must put something in the water, because everyone was so nice compared to the bitter state of Michigan.

We ended up playing the Wildcat at the University Club on Friday, Cherry Blossom and Big Blue(univ. club) Sat., and The Bull at Boones Trace on Sun.

All were nice courses in good to great condition with the greens being a little bumpy at The Bull. For an overall rating I'd go Big Blue, Cherry Blossom, The Bull, then Wildcat, with the Bull slipping in front of Cherry Blossom for fun in playing.

Thanks again and we will be back by next year. Maybe we can get some groups together for a little fun. Good luck all.

Last edited:
Glad you guys enjoyed the courses and the southern hospitality

Moving to Indianapolis tomorrow and hoping to get some range time in this week. Any suggestions for good practice facility/ ranges to check out in the area?

Welcome to Indy first off. Be nice to have another THP'er in town. Justin pretty much hit it on the head. Those are the best places in town to work on your game. Gray Eagle on the NorthEast side isn't bad either.

Just want to say thanks for all the info on courses in Kentucky before me and the boys went golfing there last weekend. Had a great time in Lexington eating at Cheapside's both nights. The Downtown Brown is a great dish there with their fry dipping sauce to boot. They must put something in the water, because everyone was so nice compared to the bitter state of Michigan.

We ended up playing the Wildcat at the University Club on Friday, Cherry Blossom and Big Blue(univ. club) Sat., and The Bull at Boones Trace on Sun.

All were nice courses in good to great condition with the greens being a little bumpy at The Bull. For an overall rating I'd go Big Blue, Cherry Blossom, The Bull, then Wildcat, with the Bull slipping in front of Cherry Blossom for fun in playing.

Glad you guys had a great trip, I've played the bull several times in scrambles. One of my old school chums manages the Cherry Blossom, you guys may want to venture into eastern KY and play some of the mountain courses next year.

FYI - MikeDean441, Robman7 & myself are hitting the Golf Dome in Chagrin Falls Tue after work: 4:45-7:45 (finally using that Groupon!). Room for one more ($15 for 3 hours in the simulator!) if anyone's interested.

I'll be up in Michigan for the week.

FYI - MikeDean441, Robman7 & myself are hitting the Golf Dome in Chagrin Falls Tue after work: 4:45-7:45 (finally using that Groupon!). Room for one more ($15 for 3 hours in the simulator!) if anyone's interested.

Bump for today

Anyone know of any good auto mechanics in the greater Akron/Canton area? Would be willing to drive further north as well. Need some work done on the jeep.

anyone want to use the fox den group golfer deal this weekend sat or sun works time is pretty flexable.

anyone want to use the fox den group golfer deal this weekend sat or sun works time is pretty flexable.

Wish I could but with Cali Sunday I think the only way I play Saturday is like stupid early and I know that wont work with the pass

Anyone not traveling for Memorial Day weekend? We'll be in Cleveland and Canton, and I've been given the blessing to golf on Saturday. The earlier the better.

Anyone not traveling for Memorial Day weekend? We'll be in Cleveland and Canton, and I've been given the blessing to golf on Saturday. The earlier the better.

hmm, I believe I will be back from Cali in time for that, let me see whats going on

I might be available - gotta see what's on the schedule though. My son's playing volleyball & the playoffs are over that weekend. They lost the championship last year, so it's possible that we'll be busy each day.

Anyone know of any good auto mechanics in the greater Akron/Canton area? Would be willing to drive further north as well. Need some work done on the jeep.

Quick bump.

Huge Demo Day taking place this weekend at Tom O'Shanter golf course:

Demo Days - see all the best golf has to offer

This Friday and Saturday, May 16 and 17,
are Demo Days at the Tam O'Shanter practice facility
sponsored by FoxyGolf.

Choose your favorite equipment brand and
come out and see what's new that can help your game.

Friday, May 16, Noon-6PM
TaylorMade, Bridgestone (with ball fitting), Wilson, Adams,
Cleveland, Titleist, Tour Edge, Callaway, and Nike.

Saturday, May 17, 10AM - 6PM
Cleveland, Tour Edge, Callaway, Nike, Cobra, and PI​

Uggh got yard work to do sat dang it

My daughters bday party is Sat...so it looks like I may play hooky tomorrow for a bit.

Huge Demo Day taking place this weekend at Tom O'Shanter golf course:

Demo Days - see all the best golf has to offer

This Friday and Saturday, May 16 and 17,
are Demo Days at the Tam O'Shanter practice facility
sponsored by FoxyGolf.

Choose your favorite equipment brand and
come out and see what's new that can help your game.

Friday, May 16, Noon-6PM
Cleveland, Titleist, Tour Edge, Callaway, and Nike.

Saturday, May 17, 10AM - 6PM
Cleveland, Tour Edge, Callaway, Nike, Cobra, and PI​

First communion party Saturday. Plus I've been awake almost 24 hrs babysitting a failing sump pump (Wed night) and getting it replaced, so I'm way behind with work.

A little heads up, Bridgestone is having a ball fitting challenge event at The Golf Pit in Maumee, OH on June 13th from 2-7pm. I'm planning on attending if I can.

Grand opening at the new Golfsmith in Fairlawn will be taking place in a few weeks.

On market st close to 77 down the street from golf galaxy

Hey Ohio, anyone getting exited for Indy?

Matt, really hoping the waiting list comes through!

Mike, did I see you are golfing event only? No extra rounds?

Back