Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Submitted my order for the MC last night. Apex 5-SW with Recoil 660 F3. I tried the Lite flex just to see if maybe it would help speed up the club or give me some extra height but the F3 (R Flex) actually increased swing speed and launch angle. I have lusted after these for a while and the fact that they won out against the X2Hots was actually quite surprising to me. I imagine these will be in my bag for a very long time.

Ricky, you are going to love them. Can't wait to see how they will perform for you that weekend!

Ricky, you are going to love them. Can't wait to see how they will perform for you that weekend!

Me too buddy. I have hit them a whole bunch of times at PGASS and plan to continue to hit them as well.

Me too buddy. I have hit them a whole bunch of times at PGASS and plan to continue to hit them as well.

That's awesome. It was just a few weeks ago. I can't wait to see how your game continues to progress through July with the Apex at the center of an amazing bag.

That's awesome. It was just a few weeks ago. I can't wait to see how your game continues to progress through July with the Apex at the center of an amazing bag.

It's been a fun journey and will keep getting more and more fun. They really are the nicest irons I have ever seen.

Hmm ends on a weekend may be a steal

Yeah I'm gonna keep an eye on them. Might be in my bet interest to wait a couple months and get them under $500.

Just want them. Bad.

Submitted my order for the MC last night. Apex 5-SW with Recoil 660 F3. I tried the Lite flex just to see if maybe it would help speed up the club or give me some extra height but the F3 (R Flex) actually increased swing speed and launch angle. I have lusted after these for a while and the fact that they won out against the X2Hots was actually quite surprising to me. I imagine these will be in my bag for a very long time.

I had the same results , finally got a chance to demo the x2 hots and Apex off grass the other day. I went in thinking the x2 hot will fit my swing better....err .. wrong ..the Apex was the clear winner for me higher launch , more accurate and by far a much sweeter feel. I was sold on them .
gb

I had the same results , finally got a chance to demo the x2 hots and Apex off grass the other day. I went in thinking the x2 hot will fit my swing better....err .. wrong ..the Apex was the clear winner for me higher launch , more accurate and by far a much sweeter feel. I was sold on them .
gb

Maybe the X2Hot's aren't made for lefties.

It's been a fun journey and will keep getting more and more fun. They really are the nicest irons I have ever seen.

Trust Tyler you will love them, live is not a strong enough word for how much I love mine

It is always cool when you end up selling yourself based on actual shots in a demo situation. Hope you love them.Callaway deserves a ton of praise for the trend they have taken their business.

Getting ready to put my MC order in today and it will be 5-aw in the Apex with the DGS300 shafts

Got super lucky today as the Callaway reps had the shafts I was considering for my MC bag. Project X 95 5.0 out performed the tour 90s by a large margin for me. There is no doubt in my mind now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Got super lucky today as the Callaway reps had the shafts I was considering for my MC bag. Project X 95 5.0 out performed the tour 90s by a large margin for me. There is no doubt in my mind now!

Glad you found the "Ah-ha" combo for you Andy. You are going to be a force to be reckoned with in Myrtle with these in tow.

So....these are fun.

Sound is unique, the little click is nice. These with their XP95's was quite surprising yesterday.

So....these are fun.

Sound is unique, the little click is nice. These with their XP95's was quite surprising yesterday.

I hit the XP 95 8i today as I warmed up and found them quite nice. I can't wait to hit more than a 6i in July!

Hey everyone, how do you guys like the short irons in this set? Specifically, how do you guys like them on full swings? What kind of trajectory, forgiveness and distance have you seen compared to previous short irons you played? The reason I ask is because I like to take full swings all the way up to my AW and have struggled finding short irons that perform on full swings and am thinking about a change.

Hey everyone, how do you guys like the short irons in this set? Specifically, how do you guys like them on full swings? What kind of trajectory, forgiveness and distance have you seen compared to previous short irons you played? The reason I ask is because I like to take full swings all the way up to my AW and have struggled finding short irons that perform on full swings and am thinking about a change.

I'm a big fan of them. Very easy to hit, but also very reliable distance. The AW has become a deadly club for me on approach shots, and I can cut it down to fit a gap with my 54*.

Trajectory is high (with TourV), but I tend to hit everything high. Lots of point and shoot golf with these irons.

I like the 9i and PW but for some reason I've struggled with the AW in this set. Distance has been an issue for some reason, as has consistent contact (I've had too many fat shots with this club). I'll need some more time on the range with it but I'm thinking about pulling the PW and AW and going back to my SCOR wedges if I can't get things worked out.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

Thanks for the response. I'm having the same issues as you only with the PW and AW. I just am not getting a lot of distance and it's causing some big gaps.

I'm a big fan of them. Very easy to hit, but also very reliable distance. The AW has become a deadly club for me on approach shots, and I can cut it down to fit a gap with my 54*.

Trajectory is high (with TourV), but I tend to hit everything high. Lots of point and shoot golf with these irons.

Thanks for the response. While you are getting reliable distances do you feel like they are long enough or are you seeing a distance gap with the shorter clubs?

No distance gaps for me between the longer and shorter irons. Everything within the set seems to gap well.

I have a 20 yard gap between the AW and the 54* and a 20 yard gap between the 3h and 4i. For the lower iron gap, I hit a reliable knockdown with the AW. For the top end gap, I try to hit an easy 3h. In reality, I don't see the top end gap very much.

Callaway preowned just sent me a tweet confirming Apex coming soon to the preowned site.

#gotime

That's what I like to hear. Love the trajectory I get with these irons. Like to hear the AW is a good gap with the 54 wedge, as that's what I'm going with at #THPMC.

I tested these irons yesterday in the store, fell in love with them so much I got a little crazy and even looked on ebay for a set. I was averaging 5 yards more per club and a baby draw. Match made in heaven for me. Really enjoyed the soft feel and responsiveness of these irons nothing like I have felt before. All around great club, next addidion possibly

I went to a Demo Day Sunday because I couldn't believe what the computer was saying sat Golf Galaxy. Currently getting 155 from my 6 iron, it was saying 185 carry with the Apex!! I tried every shaft they had and loved them all, it was impossible to judge the distance on this range unfortunately but striping the ball down the middle well over the top of the 150 flag was a whole lot of fun. They wanted me to try the X2Hot which I did and the distance was even further from what I could see but the look was off to me. The Apex wasn't as soft as what I'm currently playing but the feel was still fantastic, nothing I thought about because I was to busy grinning.

My miss is thin and I couldn't believe how the club responded with just that last groove, hard to tell it was thin. I need to go back and get the exact shaft figured out but it will probably be the KBS I'm playing now and then wait for Callaway to put them in their used store. I bet you'll need to order the day they become available.

I know this is preaching to the choir on this thread but in case someone is trying to decide on trying them out put one more guy in the yes column.

Callaway preowned just sent me a tweet confirming Apex coming soon to the preowned site.

#gotime

You got sprung with one five iron

Back