Help choose which driver I should get - COBRA - TAYLORMADE

davemate

Reaction score
Handicap
So want to buy a new driver. For the price here in Australia I have narrowed it down to the following two drivers.

Cobra amp cell or the taylormade rbz stage 2

So help me people - which one?

whichone.JPG

Whichever one YOU hit better

While neither are my favorite, if I was choosing between those two, I would go with the AMP Cell.

While neither are my favorite, if I was choosing between those two, I would go with the AMP Cell.

Agree 100%. There are better out there, but I preferred the AC.

Out of your two choices it would be the AMP Cell for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently have the RBZ in my bag and am very happy with it.
Have not tried the Cobra so have no comparison.
I agree with the thought that you buy the one that you feel you hit better.
Whatever you buy, hit em straight!!

Between those two, the Cobra.

Are you able to hit them before you buy? If possible I would suggest it. The feel of a driver is very subjective, and there may be a clear winner when you swing them.

I'm using the stage 2 but that doesn't mean you'll like it

Out of the 2 choices id go cobra. However, if I may ask, why are you limiting yourself to these two?

Out of the two, cough..Bertha..cough. Lol jk. The Cobra.

Go with the stage 2, you can also get the heads for the tm jetspeed,r1 and sldr and all will fit the stage 2 shaft so you can switch out for lil cheaper than buying the whole club.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

It's all what YOU like best. But, I'd be shocked if you found the RBZ to be just as, or more forgiving than the Amp Cell. Just read the Amp Cell thread and I think you'll see that most simply just love it.

As everyone will tell you, it depends on what you hit best. I had both last year. RBZ Stage 2 was easily ten yards longer for me (80 mph driver swing speed) but felt a bit harsh at impact and was moderately forgiving. Amp Cell was very forgiving and felt very solid at impact, more adjustability. I ended up going back to the Cleveland CG Black. Just suits my swing better.

Another vote for whichever one you hit best and a thumbs up for the Amp.

Out of the 2 choices id go cobra. However, if I may ask, why are you limiting yourself to these two?

Price, anything newer than these two are around $350 to $500 but I can get both of these for around $200
I am a fan of both brands. However any suggestions for alternative drivers would be welcome. I guess the R1 is only an extra $50 currently.

Amp Cell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'd say amp cell over the RBZ or the R1. If you can find a decent discount on a bio cell though, they can be had for a little bit more. At least here in the US, the $50 off $250+ coupon is common and Cobra usually isn't excluded (while many other OEMs are). The Bio Cell is a lot like the amp cell in terms of forgiveness, but with many of this year's advancements. IMO Cobra is the best bang for the buck right now in the driver market.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I just ordered the AC in red

$(KGrHqN,!pEFEViW-DwhBRu786B(!!~~60_35.JPG

The cobra goes straighter but the tm is so much longer it isn't funny (and i don't mean the length of the shaft). Obviously this is based on my hitting but the cobra with the stock shaft is short (I tried it at every setting). The bio cell (I have it now) is a far superior driver.

Congrats I enjoyed an Amp cell last season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cobra, so forgiving for most and more adjustable to fit you right

Of the two I liked the AMP cells feel better but i got more distance from the Stage 2

Congrats on the Amp Cell. Solid driver that gives out good numbers to almost everyone that hits it.

Back