DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see you out there this morning Stevie-a. And it was a pleasure to meet you. Hope you had a good time with those gentlemen. We will have to get together sometime and play. Especially since we live so close.

Beautiful day!! Great to meet Steve!! Played well with a couple blowups.

Be on the lookout for me tonight Brian. I will be at the game with my son. section 45 row 5 seats 17&18.

Beautiful day!! Great to meet Steve!! Played well with a couple blowups.

Nice meeting and playing with you guys. Driver let me down today, but was able to scramble and wedge myself around the course for nothing too embarrassing. Look forward to playing with you all again sometime soon. As noted, it was a beautiful morning and aside from some slightly bumpy/patchy greens you couldn't ask for much more.

Glad to see you out there this morning Stevie-a. And it was a pleasure to meet you. Hope you had a good time with those gentlemen. We will have to get together sometime and play. Especially since we live so close.

Definitely. Thanks again for the spot!

Nothing yet. We can't do that same deal again. We are already in their system.

I have never played winstar. could that help us get something?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have never played winstar. could that help us get something?

Avid golfer or another DFW golf Magazine sometimes have deals for Winstar. But it is for first time players on their course.

yse5ugav.jpg

We're here. It's not the Cardinals, but definitely going to have a good time tonight.

Should I order two of these? It's called the Boom stick.are you kidding me.
nara3y8a.jpg

Don't question it. Just do it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400377002.599018.jpg

Looks like you are just below us and too the left... let me know when the broomstick shows up and we'll be down!! :)

enu6u4yj.jpg

We had a great time, but left early. I love going out to the ball park, just need to stay away from ball park food.

Question for the Dallas area guys.. I am in a wedding this Saturday in Rockwall, Texas. Looking to play a nice course possibly on Friday - any ideas? I know Buffalo Creek is literally a mile or 2 away, but the guy who is getting married has played it and said it is average at best? Any other ideas?

Question for the Dallas area guys.. I am in a wedding this Saturday in Rockwall, Texas. Looking to play a nice course possibly on Friday - any ideas? I know Buffalo Creek is literally a mile or 2 away, but the guy who is getting married has played it and said it is average at best? Any other ideas?

Wish I could help, but I have never played over in that area.

I would make my way over to Twin Lakes in Canton. It is just over an hour away but worth the drive.

I would make my way over to Twin Lakes in Canton. It is just over an hour away but worth the drive.

thanks - looks great! Any of you gentleman know anything about "The Legacy" or Frisco lakes?

Thanks for this, I may be playing there this weekend.

No PVGA tourney for you?

Unlikely....will probably be at the Lakehouse for the weekend. If in town, then yes I will play. Need to chat with wife as we could get a bunch of projects done at the house if we stayed.

Thanks for this, I may be playing there this weekend.

If you have never played there you will enjoy it. Also if the greens are in normal shape be ready for some quick rolls. There are two that I remember that you must understand where to place the ball or you will be in the water even if you land on the green.

Just looked those up and they are 9 and 10. On 9 be on the left of the green with a draw and 10 on the right with a fade.

I've been meaning to get back out to Twin Lakes, too. it really is a beautiful place to play. I don't remember the greens being like that but it was also about october the last time I played. I will go back soon... it's too awesome not to. Something about a course in the piney woods... paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back