#TheGauntlet Travel/Stay Plans

rtparty

Reaction score
Handicap
High
With this quickly approaching and many of us traveling from afar, I thought it would be nice to start talking and planning things out.

I know for me, it looks like I have to fly into Charleston and drive 2 hours. It would sure be nice to share a car if possible. So what is everyone else planning?

(Mods, please move if this is the wrong forum)

Charleston will be tough for me since I have a 3.5 hour drive to the Denver airport on both ends. Will depend on when everyone decides to leave too. I'll have to fly back on Monday morning to avoid mountain driving at night...with jet lag lol.

I plan on heading up a day or two early.

Jacksonville is only 2.45 hrs away from HH, would be a good option to check for flights/rates.

I plan on heading up a day or two early.

Jacksonville is only 2.45 hrs away from HH, would be a good option to check for flights/rates.

Homey, did you get our PM about Team Ethan options?

Homey, did you get our PM about Team Ethan options?

Yes, was in Sarasota all weekend and forgot to respond. Un Momento

I'll be driving in to Hilton Head from Atlanta either Thursday night or Friday morning. I'm not sure which yet.

Have you guys looked into Savannah? I was looking in the event I got in and SAV was cheapest from the NYC area.

Have you guys looked into Savannah? I was looking in the event I got in and SAV was cheapest from the NYC area.

And with proper planning and on-time landings (LOL) someone driving through Savannah (coughthisguy) might be inclined to swing by and pick you up.

And with proper planning and on-time landings (LOL) someone driving through Savannah (coughthisguy) might be inclined to swing by and pick you up.

I got to get in first. I am just travel deal obsessed and thought I would offer what I sawn

I am probably flying into Savannah on Friday and driving in. When I am arriving???? Still up in the air.

I'll be flying Miami - Atlanta - Savannah on Thursday night thru Delta. Hope to have the flight booked soon. I did find out that the cab fare from the airport to Palmetto Dunes is $85 each way. They also have a shuttle for half the price. Maybe renting a car will be a better option.

Not sure about hotels yet. Hoping to find a good rate at the Marriott or Omni with work connections.

I plan to fly into Savannah and drive up. I haven't figured out details more than that yet.

I will be driving in to HH likely on Friday morning from Virginia. Not sure where I plan on staying yet, but I will likely stay at the Hampton Inn there on HH and use my HHonors points.

OK, so after some convos with my peeps, I'm thinking of taking off at lunch Thursday which will put me there about 2:30. Plenty of time to stock the bar and fridge before dinner and the beginning of Awesomest Weekend 2014

I'm flying in on Thursday. Anyone coming through savannah then?

I am still in the middle of deciding where to stay. Far as arriving I am coming 2 days before.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Are you all talking about the Savannah/HHI Airport??

Charleston is by far the cheapest from SLC through Southwest. I'd be inclined to fly into Savannah or Jville if it got me a ride and I can reimburse someone gas.

I'll look up flights else where as well. I also looked up rooms at the Holiday Inn by the courses and can get them for like $105/night with my discount.

The Southwest option from Minneapolis to Charleston is only $60 cheaper than Delta into Savannah, so I'm thinking it'll be Delta into Savannah for me. Will likely come in Thursday night so I can get out and play on Friday morning.

Plus bags.

The Southwest option from Minneapolis to Charleston is only $60 cheaper than Delta into Savannah, so I'm thinking it'll be Delta into Savannah for me. Will likely come in Thursday night so I can get out and play on Friday morning.

Once I add in Delta's ridiculous bag fares, it's not close for me. That's just my situation though. I'm not paying another $50+ just for my bags to go with me.

I'm considering shipping my clubs to what ever hotel gets booked. People flying into aspen do it quite often, and could be a viable option if the hotel is ok with it. Have to look into cost though.

I bring a roller/carry on bag (clothes) and my back pack so I don't have to pay for those. Delta only charges $25 to check a golf bag.

That's a good price for a golf bag. I don't have a travel case though. That may be an issue.

I bring a roller/carry on bag (clothes) and my back pack so I don't have to pay for those. Delta only charges $25 to check a golf bag.

And first bag is free with the AMEX skymiles card.

Alright, looking at flights tonight and Atlanta or Jacksonville could be a good option. Who is coming through either of those that would want to hook up for a ride to Hilton Head?

Alright, looking at flights tonight and Atlanta or Jacksonville could be a good option. Who is coming through either of those that would want to hook up for a ride to Hilton Head?

I wouldnt mind, just checked it out. National car rental seems quite good for rates and availability. Let me know

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Back