Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

I'm in love with this device. I spent a few hours practicing with it Friday night in my garage and took a liking to the target mode. I was working on a 125 yard 3/4 9i shot for a while and had to hit more than a handful over the weekend.

Sweet.. dialing in the distsnces for alt shot.. good job my friend

Sweet.. dialing in the distsnces for alt shot.. good job my friend

Yup! I can't hit a full iron shot all day and know how far it goes. It's the in between shots where this thing is going to be most beneficial for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure this has been answered but limited flight and crappy range balls will affect the distance readings. The club head speed is correct, but ball speed will be low (to very low) which is used to calculate distance.

The other factor that will cause distance to be incorrect is the amount you de-loft (or pick you ball). The unit is using pre-programmed lofts for the clubs and how you hit the ball can produce different yardages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So yesterdays round validated the usefulness of this device. I would love to say im a feel player and that I can look at a number and feel the shot into a green..however reality is I have to use the clock method to dial in distances.

So my last range session I jotted down my yardages at 10,9, and 8 oclock with my 50 54 ans 58. Also took the average of my half swing pitch with the same clubs.

Yesterday on the course I had all rhe confidence I could when it came to anything from 75 in. Granted I wasnt throwing darts and tapping in birdies, but I stuck 80 percent of the shots and gave myself a great look.. to me this is where this device shines!

Glad to hear it worked well for you, Best. I still need to get my short shots dialed in, and I think this will be invaluable for that.

Glad to hear it worked well for you, Best. I still need to get my short shots dialed in, and I think this will be invaluable for that.

It is man. As stated I can spend hourse on the range pitching and then hit the course and feel completly blank when it comes to anything from 80 to 40 yards..

With having a yardage book in my pocket, I used this little gem to write down the carry distance of all my wedges ( irons too) . Im not a every shot in the bag short gamer.. so I have 3 shots in this area. A full swing, a 9 o'clock swing and a weight stays on the left side half swing.. with 3 wedges and and 3 swings per wedge ive got what I need. I look down at the watch (gps) look in my book and just hit the shot, no thinking...

Finally broke free and got to the range for a little work. Now that I have MY DPCs back in the bag, I wanted to see the numbers with the 8 & 7. Definitely noticed the difference in shafts, and the SC100 did too. The numbers were more inline with what I was thinking I should be seeing. Ball speed as better and smash factor was better. Here are some of the 8i numbers.
ajesena6.jpg

y8yzuvu7.jpg

And here are some with the 7i.
hezujyne.jpg

5y3y9e6u.jpg

ydygytep.jpg

So, this tells me that the 7i from DPCs with the aerotech shafts, might have an issue. Not the SC100.
I was glad to see this. Now I can just practice away and not wonder if the unit has an issue.

That's good to hear Eddie.

I really wish the user was able to correct for club specs and altitude. While I do love this tool, the carry distances are waaay off in real time, and when comparing side-by-side with a GC2. Club head and ball speed are very close, if not sometime identical between this and the GC2. But carry reads much shorter. For me, at 5400' elevation, the difference between monitors is about 10 yards, sometimes more. I haven't worked exclusively with the wedges yet to compare those carry distances, that's the area I'm really hoping to put this to good use.

I really wish the user was able to correct for club specs and altitude. While I do love this tool, the carry distances are waaay off in real time, and when comparing side-by-side with a GC2. Club head and ball speed are very close, if not sometime identical between this and the GC2. But carry reads much shorter. For me, at 5400' elevation, the difference between monitors is about 10 yards, sometimes more. I haven't worked exclusively with the wedges yet to compare those carry distances, that's the area I'm really hoping to put this to good use.

I'm hoping v2 of this device allows for an adjust in loft and a "boost" feature for altitude changes.

That would be nice. I wonder if/when a v2 comes out if they would be able to update the current ones? Wouldn't that be a nice bonus!

Tapa tapa tapa

After practice last night, there seems to be about a 7% difference in the wedges and short irons, 10% in mid irons, and 15% or so difference in the long irons. I can do the math and guesstimate from there, but it would be nice to have to ability to make some adjustments to the device. I'm assuming it is set for sea level.

Tapa tapa tapa

That would be nice. I wonder if/when a v2 comes out if they would be able to update the current ones? Wouldn't that be a nice bonus!

The great thing about THP is the site gets the attention of a lot of manufactures. I know the Voice Caddie guys pop over and read this thread from time to time and they have 48 pages to read through of our wants, needs, and praises.

The great thing about THP is the site gets the attention of a lot of manufactures. I know the Voice Caddie guys pop over and read this thread from time to time and they have 48 pages to read through of our wants, needs, and praises.

Totally agree with the suggestions for version 2.0. Those additions would be great. It would also be nice to be able to immediately delete a poor 'non-typical' swing due to bad contact, etc. so it doesn't remain part of the 'stats' average for the day or club total. It would be nice if this delete function could be done from the remote. Just a thought...

I hadn't used the VC for a while but got it out today on the range. I really enjoy the mode where you get the random numbers to hit to, such a great way to practice short game.

Sad to say mine seems to have stooped working. Turn it on and it flashes blanks, take a swing and it still just flashes blanks at me. Several good swings in a row and nothing. Emailed support last night, so will see what they have to say.

Sad to say mine seems to have stooped working. Turn it on and it flashes blanks, take a swing and it still just flashes blanks at me. Several good swings in a row and nothing. Emailed support last night, so will see what they have to say.

Batteries??

Batteries??
just put in new ones two weeks ago and the battery indicator is full. the screen and shot history all work fine just not reading my swing or giving results.

just put in new ones two weeks ago and the battery indicator is full. the screen and shot history all work fine just not reading my swing or giving results.
I will definitely be following to see how this turns out.
I hope it just needs a simple reset or something.

I will definitely be following to see how this turns out.
I hope it just needs a simple reset or something.

Still haven't gotten a response to the email that I sent Sunday night, which is a little frustrating, but I decided to try it again today and it seems to be working again. No idea what caused the issues, whether it was the device or user error, but it seems to be working again.

Still haven't gotten a response to the email that I sent Sunday night, which is a little frustrating, but I decided to try it again today and it seems to be working again. No idea what caused the issues, whether it was the device or user error, but it seems to be working again.
Electronics can be so fun sometimes. Glad to hear that it's working again.

Got a chance to do a little back yard practice last night. Love this setup! Just need to make a more permanent stand for the SC100.

10413295_10203868231251207_130920881781341377_n.jpg

Got a chance to do a little back yard practice last night. Love this setup! Just need to make a more permanent stand for the SC100.

10413295_10203868231251207_130920881781341377_n.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with the current stand.

Me winning isn't. You do.

I didn't either, until mama wanted to make banana bread. ;)

Tapa tapa tapa

Back