Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

I just got mine. It works fine at the range. I tried using it inside and just got all yardage off by 30yards at least. I have a very limited space from a mat to the net. Could that be a problem?

Make sure you raise the SC100 to the same height as your mat or higher. I get pretty good results with only having about a club length to my net. That purple block in the video is what I set my SC100 on but I put it directly down the line about 45 inches away from the placement of the ball. Basically I set the SC100 where the perfect pushup thingy is sitting on the mat.

Make sure you raise the SC100 to the same height as your mat or higher. I get pretty good results with only having about a club length to my net. That purple block in the video is what I set my SC100 on but I put it directly down the line about 45 inches away from the placement of the ball. Basically I set the SC100 where the perfect pushup thingy is sitting on the mat.

Exactly this!
I had mine on the floor and it just didn't work I stacked a couple pieces of 3/4" plywood and set it on top and works a lot better.

Exactly this!
I had mine on the floor and it just didn't work I stacked a couple pieces of 3/4" plywood and set it on top and works a lot better.
Yup, especially needed when using a raised mat. I even keep four little 2" x 2" pieces of tile left over from my kitchen back splash remodel in my bag. I use them to level up my SC100 on the grass driving range. One under each corner ensures the sensor is level and elevated enough to capture consistently accurate readings.

For those that still use it, how well does it work when dialing in short game pitch, chip, and lob shots?

For those that still use it, how well does it work when dialing in short game pitch, chip, and lob shots?

There is a minimum distance that it will pick up, I believe 50 yards (can't recall off the top of my head, should be in the review) so it won't register true greenside short game shots.

Exactly this!
Glad to see your enjoying it buddy...I mean MVP

VC SC100 are on sale at Amazon

Instead of digging through multiple pages I'm just gonna ask even though it's probably been answered.

Do you guys think this unit is accurate enough to dial in club distances and gaps? From wedges up to driver. Say 10 swings a club and take the averages?

Seems like it would be much easier than lasering a flag and guessing where the ball lands on he range.

Instead of digging through multiple pages I'm just gonna ask even though it's probably been answered.

Do you guys think this unit is accurate enough to dial in club distances and gaps? From wedges up to driver. Say 10 swings a club and take the averages?

Seems like it would be much easier than lasering a flag and guessing where the ball lands on he range.

I use mine to dial in yardages and it's pretty accurate. Laser the flag & just let the unit validate. Real easy IMO.

I use mine to dial in yardages and it's pretty accurate. Laser the flag & just let the unit validate. Real easy IMO.

Awesome, love to hear that. Accurate enough that you trust the yardages on course you get from the unit? Even dialing in wedge distances?

May have to pick one up for the season.

Best with wedges IMO. Check out the home page review if you haven't already, lots of info in there that might help out too.

Awesome, love to hear that. Accurate enough that you trust the yardages on course you get from the unit? Even dialing in wedge distances?

Absolutely trust the yardages. On course conditions change, but this gives me a good foundation of what each club can do. I don't take full swings with my 52/54/58 wedges so I didn't worry about those. My AW is the only wedge I take a full swing with and found the yardages to be what I expected.

Thanks guys. I'll check out the homepage page review too

I used the SC100 all summer and it is quite an effective tool, particularly for the price. For Sand wedge, gap wedge type shots, even partial ones, the SC100 is quite accurate with distances. For PW and 9 iron, I find it to under read my yardage some. I think this is because its distance calculating algorithm might be tuned to a more traditional short iron (more loft, more spin). I do find the ball speeds to be very accurate even for these clubs.
For mid irons, long irons and hybrids it is also quite accurate for me.

For the driver, it over reads distances much of the time for me. I believe that's because its assuming optimal launch and little to no side spin. Unfortunately my launch angle is not always optimal and side spin is often there.

But again, the club head speed and ball speed numbers captured are very accurate which is a helpful teaching aid for me (swinging harder is often swinging slower).

So, in summary, good for distances between 50 and about 120 yards, not so accurate from 130 to 160 for me, then accurate again all the way until driver.

Just wondering if this unit is still being used out there. What other units out there are comparable and how do they measure up in performance and price?

Just wondering if this unit is still being used out there. What other units out there are comparable and how do they measure up in performance and price?
I'm still using mine, though haven't used any others to compare.

Yep, used mine over the weekend again. And just to compare some of my numbers to Trackman's LPGA Tour averages:

(I'm not going to compare my #'s with the PGA averages, because they aren't even close, nor will they ever be!)

My 6 iron:
76 mph club head speed, 105 mph ball speed, 150 yd carry

Trackman LPGA average:
78 mph club head speed, 109 mph ball speed, 152 yd carry

My driver:
93 mph club head sped, 129 ball speed, 208 yd carry

Trackman LPGA average:
94 mph club head speed, 140 mph ball speed, 218 yd carry

I was definitely was not catching the ball out of the middle of the face that day, it was slightly out towards the toe. So I'm guessing that had an effect on the ball speed?

But overall, it's pretty accurate compared to my coach's GC2. We figure about a 7-10% adjustment for altitude on the SC100, and that seems to put it right in the ballpark.

Last edited:
Use mine when I go to the range for an extended prior of time. Works very well on wedge shots since there's the random feature. Drives me crazy though trying to guess what 57 yards feels like when I have no visual target

Yep, used mine over the weekend again. And just to compare some of my numbers to Trackman's LPGA Tour averages:

(I'm not going to compare my #'s with the PGA averages, because they aren't even close, nor will they ever be!)

My 6 iron:
76 mph club head speed, 105 mph ball speed, 150 yd carry

Trackman LPGA average:
78 mph club head speed, 109 mph ball speed, 152 yd carry

My driver:
93 mph club head sped, 129 ball speed, 208 yd carry

Trackman LPGA average:
94 mph club head speed, 140 mph ball speed, 218 yd carry

I was definitely was not catching the ball out of the middle of the face that day, it was slightly out towards the toe. So I'm guessing that had an effect on the ball speed?

But overall, it's pretty accurate compared to my coach's GC2. We figure about a 7-10% adjustment for altitude on the SC100, and that seems to put it right in the ballpark.

The SC200, due to be released soon, will make that adjustment automatically.

Sounds like this device is still pretty current. Unless theres something that would do the same and give me driver launch angle I will probably buy this product.

Sounds like this device is still pretty current. Unless theres something that would do the same and give me driver launch angle I will probably buy this product.
I have the SC100 and use it all the time, very pleased. Per the bolded text, I'd wait until SC200 launches Karl. Per an email consult I had with their tech support a few weeks ago, they said SC200 is launching this month. One of the added features is going to be either a launch reading or might just be the ability to program in loft? I'm not sure which, but as stated I'd be tempted to wait.

I have the SC100 and use it all the time, very pleased. Per the bolded text, I'd wait until SC200 launches Karl. Per an email consult I had with their tech support a few weeks ago, they said SC200 is launching this month. One of the added features is going to be either a launch reading or might just be the ability to program in loft? I'm not sure which, but as stated I'd be tempted to wait.

Would be nice to know the price and features on the SC200. Might be cheaper and easier to get the sc100 up here in Canada. It still looks better than the other stuff at golftown like es12 and swingbyte.

Still use my SC100 petty often...use it to mainly practice my short game using the random mode to practice hitting specific distances.

Great device for that practice in my garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back