THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at 13.1 heading towards 12.9

Got a 16.2 and 15.5 differentials that count in my index that I'd love to knock out of my top 10 and drop it a little more.

Trending to 5.6 from 5.4. I have a lot of great rounds from October-November falling off now so I need to start focusing on scoring well.

Might go up again this revision but I'm ok with it. The game is coming back

Might go up again this revision but I'm ok with it. The game is coming back

That is good to hear. My first official 2014 index is going to be awful but I am sure it will drop quick. I finally found someone to take lessons from and couldn't be happier.

That is good to hear. My first official 2014 index is going to be awful but I am sure it will drop quick. I finally found someone to take lessons from and couldn't be happier.

Thanks bud. Completely agree. Work= better. Enjoy the lessons!

I'm still trending in the right direction, even if it is extremely incremental - 16.9 > 16.8. I'm starting to see some good stuff going on with my game and am hopeful the movement may start speeding up.

moving up to 6.1

wrong direction

After entering todays round, us handicap has me trending to 8.6. Ghin still shows trending 9.6. Weird. Either way couple decent scores and couple bad ones... consistency is the key and i am still in search of that. I feel like i made great stride toward that with my mindset on todays round

Went from a 5.5 to a 5.9. Can't be mad at it. Not sure how it went from a 6.5 to a 5.5 after one round anyways

14.5 trending to a 13.8. I like where my game is and a few more solid rounds i'll be at my goal of a 10hcp this year. time to set new goals.

Shot two 41's today (same nine twice). I had a 40 on a nine (same nine, ironically) a few weeks ago, so the first nine got paired with the 40 for an 81 and dropped my handicap from 14.5 to 13.8. The front is the tougher nine for me, so I am kind of surprised I have those scores on this nine holes. Only have 12 rounds in so far in 2014, so only four of those are contributing to my oob handicap.

Shot two 41's today (same nine twice). I had a 40 on a nine (same nine, ironically) a few weeks ago, so the first nine got paired with the 40 for an 81 and dropped my handicap from 14.5 to 13.8. The front is the tougher nine for me, so I am kind of surprised I have those scores on this nine holes. Only have 12 rounds in so far in 2014, so only four of those are contributing to my oob handicap.

Its moving in the right direction!

After entering todays round, us handicap has me trending to 8.6. Ghin still shows trending 9.6. Weird. Either way couple decent scores and couple bad ones... consistency is the key and i am still in search of that. I feel like i made great stride toward that with my mindset on todays round

Keep it up Kang! #thegrindisreal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

after entering another score above my handicap, I'm actually trending down... I guess it's pushing out a higher score from a couple months ago. with the weather forecast over the next few days I won't be entering any more between now and the next update. so, I'll be 18.4 - do I get to round down and claim victory on my goal of reaching 18 hcp in my first year? I wouldn't mind taking that little victory :). Still a couple months to get it below 18 before my year is up. Maybe I'll adjust that goal to 16...

Have a milestone coming up. If I can stay under 10.0 with the June 1st revision it will be the first time I've maintained a single digit handicap for a full 12 months. Since attaining single digits a few years ago, I've always had stretches where I'd pass back into the 10 - 12 range, especially during the winter. I think being in #theking and the work I did in prep made all the difference this year.

Having said that, now I need to recapture that sense of urgency and work on my game hard again. I'm staying fairly stagnant in my index so far this year. I think I've bounced between 9.2 - 9.8. The fairways are firming up now with the warmer temps which gives me the run out I need to be able to get in better positions to score off the tee. (short hitter problems). My putting and chipping have been good this year. Inconsistent everywhere else the last few weeks. I'll see a few glimpses in one round then follow up with two bad.

Have a tough index stretch upcoming. 5 of the next 6 rounds I'm playing will cause "good" differential rounds to fall off. Have to get consistent right now if I want to stay a single digit.

Well after playing two bad rounds a week and half ago my handicap got above 17. Well after shooting a nice 92 looks like I am back down to a even 17. Gonna really keep on the short game and get the wedge and putter figured out so I can take some good strokes off the card. Really hoping to seeing a 80's scorecard especially after yesterday and seeing some of the error's I made and knowing I can improve from there. Ill still keep grinding away and especially tonight with my lesson.

I can't shake this 11.8 number that I've had for a few months it seems.

Blowup holes has got to be reduced and I need better performance off the tee.

I think my goals for 2014 need to change a bit. With us trying to buy a new house, a ton of overtime at work, and just general family obligations, for me it's best to just try and maintain this year.

I am sitting at 6.1 right now and that's not all that bad. I will just play when I can and practice more at home. If I can stay around 5 or 6 I will be thrilled.

4 rounds in the last week have me trending up slightly from a 10.7 to an 11.1.

I just need to work on my consistency, it seems for a few holes I am playing great, then something happens off the tee or on an approach that leaves me in a tough spot and I give a stroke or two back. I am still really happy with where my game is going and these last two months will be working on refining my game to peak in July.

After a pretty solid weekend of golf I'm trending back down to 6.2 from the 6.9 I jumped up to. My next score to come off the 20 will be a 91 from last year so I'm hoping if I can put together a pretty solid round to knock it off I'll be under a 6 I hope!

After a couple of decent rounds this weekend, I'm trending down from 15.5 to 14.8.

After breaking 100 for the first time, OOB has me going from a 33.7 to 32.8. Now that I broke 100, my next objective to get below a 30 HDCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back