Golfnow.com - question ... where have the deals gone ???

inthehole

Holly Sonders Caddie
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.5
Last couple years, I used to get tons of super low priced discounted tee times (even on weekends) - both in my area in N/E PA & N/E NJ. This year, it's dried up ! Very few hot deals, and the ones that are on golfnow are nowhere near what they used to be.

Just curious if anybody else is seeing these same trends ? I miss the cheap golf !!!

Last edited:
I nabbed a couple sub $25 rounds this last weekend off of GolfNow and TeeOff. I had been checking regularly and they both just showed up out of the blue. One only showed up the day before. I love cheap golf too!

The apps are more popular and have a lot more utilization. Deals don't sit as long.

Golf prices have risen a bit by me. I see fewer deals on Golfnow. A lot of times I see that the prices on GolfNow are actually HIGHER than what you can book if you go straight through the course's website. I've also noticed that a lot of times deals you see on your cell phone app are not the same as deals you see on an actual computer so you may want to use both options when you are looking.

Last week I got three killer deals on vacation in Destin FL. Played all three for the cost of one round at one of the courses. Sadly where I live rarely gets good deals.

Yea just the other day I checked GolfNow for a tee time on Memorial Day. It was $25 + $4ish (GN Up Front Fee) per person for a course by me. I called the course instead to make the tee time and it ended up being the same price ($29), kinda defeats the whole purpose.

I think it's more about where. I still get deals for less that 20 bucks from time to time.

Im noticing the same trend as the OP. The prices just arent going down as you close into the tee time as they did last year. Last year if i was patient i could steal a tee time for like 10 bucks but this year they just dont go down the day off like before and the tee times still arent selling.

I don't notice quite as many as I used to but I have found some online deals that were really good where they tried tk charge me full price upon checking in - said i had to make the reservation online.....I almost walked on a couple but they always cave in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a ton of people using it deals will be gone in min not hour like it use to be

I haven't seen much change myself, the same courses pretty much offer the same deals. As a matter of fact, I tend to run into a lot of the same people when I use them, at different courses around the area. The people that use it, use it a lot, maybe that's the difference, in that there is a distinct market for these kind of deals and it's just built up a strong core of users that the good deals are taken up quicker by the people that know they are going to be there at particular times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've actually run into instances where it was more expensive lately...ive basically stopped using

More and more of the courses around me are sending out their own email deals and not having to pay for the service. Got a round and cart on a really nice course for $30 on Memorial day.

More and more of the courses around me are sending out their own email deals and not having to pay for the service. Got a round and cart on a really nice course for $30 on Memorial day.

Yes I think you're spot on - I"ve been getting lots of emails from courses offering tee times

I am still seeing several heavily discounted for a few times each day. Some courses much more often than others. Several courses don't seem to participate any more.

I used GN this morning to find a time for me and 2 co workers, when I got up I checked around and saw Cypress Lakes for $44, when I heard from my friends 2 hours later I booked the time for only $30. Now it may have been the course just trying to get play since everything here flooded most of the week, but by time we teed off at 11:15 they even went to 90 degrees with carts, played 18, went inside after to ask how much to replay and they said "enjoy the sunshine" and go ahead. By the time we teed off again the course was much more crowded

I see a few now and then but not like it used to be

Three things I have seen.

1. Members at one club were threatening to not renew memberships because they could play cheaper using Golf Now.

2. Customers at one club were threatening to never come back with staff letting hot deals pay half as much as they were being charged.

3. one course I played at would not let Golf Now customers start earlier than their t time even though the course was empty.

Back