Here she is, in the bag
zevyme7y.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Here she is, in the bag
zevyme7y.jpg

Nice irons! We have the same setup minus the hybrid and wedges

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Anyone ever paired the Diamana Kai'Li and the Amp Cell head?? Pondering that set up.

Anyone ever paired the Diamana Kai'Li and the Amp Cell head?? Pondering that set up.

I haven't, but man I had fun with the 'Ilima in one.

I haven't, but man I had fun with the 'Ilima in one.

I hit that set up as well and really really liked it. The Kai'Li is probably my all time favorite shaft, so I really wanna give it a go.

I hit that set up as well and really really liked it. The Kai'Li is probably my all time favorite shaft, so I really wanna give it a go.

Its a fun head, extremely forgiving, mid-high spin, its a launcher. If the fit is right, the price as right as they are CRAZY cheap right now.

Its a fun head, extremely forgiving, mid-high spin, its a launcher. If the fit is right, the price as right as they are CRAZY cheap right now.

I've always thought this head would be great with a Proforce V2. Get the high launching, higher spinning head with a lower launching, low to mid spin shaft. I think it'd be great for someone like me with an ascending swing plane, but who still wants some forgiveness -- sort of the anti-SLDR.

Sanzabar: I too like the Kai'Li. Nice feel, even in the stiffer flexes.

davemate: I really like that driver/fw/hybrid combination. That's arguably one of the best combinations of performance and forgiveness you could put together. The Baffler Ts in yellow were my favorite of that offering and I love the Amp Cell in red (second only to the Master's green ones).

I've always thought this head would be great with a Proforce V2. Get the high launching, higher spinning head with a lower launching, low to mid spin shaft. I think it'd be great for someone like me with an ascending swing plane, but who still wants some forgiveness -- sort of the anti-SLDR.

Sanzabar: I too like the Kai'Li. Nice feel, even in the stiffer flexes.

davemate: I really like that driver/fw/hybrid combination. That's arguably one of the best combinations of performance and forgiveness you could put together. The Baffler Ts in yellow were my favorite of that offering and I love the Amp Cell in red (second only to the Master's green ones).

The proforce and the vts are on my radar because they give torque ranges. However it is tough to keep tinkering when I am already hitting a ton of fairways.

I wish I knew more about shafts. Would love to give a different shaft a go. Love this driver but hearing all the stories of different shaft combinations makes me want to try a different one but have no idea where to start

Just search ebay or one here and buy them for relatively cheap if you don't know exactly what you want.

I didn't like the stock shaft. Bought about 5 or 6 different shafts until I found one I absolutely love.
It definitely unlocked the drivers potential for me.

Good post by Barbarak. Keep in mind he's a bit bigger hitter.

One thing to know is that the stock shaft actually plays on the stiffer side. On a frequency analyzer, I recently saw some data that put the R flex right on the border of stiff. By comparison, that would be stiffer than something like a kai'li in R flex. Now maybe stiff is different, but the R in the regular model (different shaft in the Offset) is on the stiff side.

Good post by Barbarak. Keep in mind he's a bit bigger hitter.

One thing to know is that the stock shaft actually plays on the stiffer side. On a frequency analyzer, I recently saw some data that put the R flex right on the border of stiff. By comparison, that would be stiffer than something like a kai'li in R flex. Now maybe stiff is different, but the R in the regular model (different shaft in the Offset) is on the stiff side.

I find that interesting. I always felt that the stock shaft was soft to flex. I was happy that when I cut 1/2" off the butt per Cobra's help, it stiffened up a bit. I could never get the R flex to ever square up at impact but that could be more tip stiffness related rather than whole shaft flex.

I find that interesting. I always felt that the stock shaft was soft to flex. I was happy that when I cut 1/2" off the butt per Cobra's help, it stiffened up a bit. I could never get the R flex to ever square up at impact but that could be more tip stiffness related rather than whole shaft flex.

Yeah very interesting. I always read the stock plays weaker. I got it in regular and reading everyone's comments had messed with my head.

Yeah very interesting. I always read the stock plays weaker. I got it in regular and reading everyone's comments had messed with my head.

Yeah, I'd always read that, but these CPM results don't suggest that. For reference it plays right in between the Ozik Black Tie 6m3 and the Matrix Rul 54 (with the Rul being on the stiffer side).

The previous year though with the Aldila RIP in the Amp, I think it played softer. The numbers were very similar to the JDL in the Classic Custom (and XL), a BlueBoard or a Motore F3. I could go stiff with that RIP, whereas I'm in regular with the Amp Cell.

Yeah, I'd always read that, but these CPM results don't suggest that. For reference it plays right in between the Ozik Black Tie 6m3 and the Matrix Rul 54 (with the Rul being on the stiffer side).

The previous year though with the Aldila RIP in the Amp, I think it played softer. The numbers were very similar to the JDL in the Classic Custom (and XL), a BlueBoard or a Motore F3. I could go stiff with that RIP, whereas I'm in regular with the Amp Cell.

Cool, good to know. I get such a higher launch with this club (regular shaft), even set at 9.5 than I did with my older cobra S2 stiff 10.5.

Would that be shaft flex?
Amp cell design?
Or both?

Cool, good to know. I get such a higher launch with this club (regular shaft), even set at 9.5 than I did with my older cobra S2 stiff 10.5.

Would that be shaft flex?
Amp cell design?
Or both?

I'm not an expert and don't do fittings for a living. Someone like JB probably can tell you a little better and more authoritatively.

My gut says the Amp Cell line launches high to marked loft. There was an article on another site a while back that measured actual loft versus marked loft and the Cobra driver heads were about 2 degrees higher than what was marked. Granted, they weren't the only line. Almost every OEM was higher, but Ping and Cobra really stuck out the most. I think that's the manufacturers' way of forcing us to "loft up" while still making us feel like we're "9 degree guys."

The second thing at work here is that I think the Amp Cell is a higher spin head, particularly when compared to what the design looks like. Its profile is more mid-deep visually, which typically suggests low spin, but the spin is definitely up there. I'm sure there are ones out there, but I'm not personally sure that I can think of any head as popular that was quite as high spinning last year.

I think the shaft unfairly gets a bad rep. I think it was probably pretty good for an OEM shaft. The head was just so high launching that the higher swing speed player needed something really low launching and heavy to try and bring it down. The high swing speed player then bangs on the shaft on the various golf forums, and that "myth" kind of spreads. What was more telling to me is that people were consistently lofting down on the Amp Cell relative to some other lines -- and that's more a property of the head.

This seems to be a higher launching, higher spinning driver. I don't think that's a bad thing personally. I think it's probably part of the reason why so many people gravitated towards the Amp Cell, and why so many report over and over that it is so forgiving. It's also why you typically won't see the Amp Cell winning any distance competitions on the driver comparisons. I mean, it's not short -- they're all not really that different -- but what makes it forgiving is also in part what might make it a little "shorter" for some.

Different strokes for different folks. For optimal results, find the one that aligns with how you hit the ball. I'm not sure I'd put a regular Amp Cell (regular, non-Pro) in the hands of a higher launch, higher spin player, particularly if they were a higher swing speed player. For a medium or lower swing speed player who needs some launch help and likes some forgiveness, I thought this was arguably one of the very best offerings of last season.

There's a reason that this is a 300 page thread, that you "still" see Amp Cells in certified "club hoes'" signatures on the golf sites and why I personally saw more Amp Cells at the course and on the range than any Cobra driver in recent memory. Sure, people were drawn to it aesthetically, but I personally think they made a pretty good stick.

Well, not to mess with anyone's head lol, but, I just put my AC on my Mitchell Frequency Meter with a 5" clamp? and it reads out at around 230 cpm.
I don't have a chart infronta me right now, but if I'm not mistaken, that's a little weak for an "R" rated shaft? I have the Graphite Design 40 (stock?)

Sailisboss also mentioned the shaft being "softer" and, "could never get the R flex to ever square up at impact."
I personally think that this shaft is just to "light" .. I mean I like this club a lot and it is a fairway finder .. I just wonder what a 60 or even a 65 gram shaft
with the right #s could do to improve my ... ever --- slowing --- SS, lol! Man it sucks getting old .. :(

I've been building clubs and have every Mitchell machine except for a putter bender for over 15 years! I've never had such a difficult time in putting a driver together!
Perhaps it's just too much technology and input overload .. I dunno. But things have changed so rapidly in just 3 years! Hard to keep up.

Matter a fact, it's just one reason why I joined this site .. and I still can't keep up .. :(
Somebody stop the earth! :p

I have found that I like a heavier shaft. I like the control which for me gets me more distance.

The XCaliber 5 shaft in my AC is THE shaft for me! This club went from being closet queen to a bomber. I love the product that Robin is putting out. That, and the red shaft is a perfect match for the red AC head. :)

This one is going back in the back after some consistency issues off the tee the last two times out. I miss her ability to find the fairways

This one is going back in the back after some consistency issues off the tee the last two times out. I miss her ability to find the fairways

You need some Bio in your life brother man. Right up your alley methinks.

The XCaliber 5 shaft in my AC is THE shaft for me! This club went from being closet queen to a bomber. I love the product that Robin is putting out. That, and the red shaft is a perfect match for the red AC head. :)
Wow, that's a very inexpensive shaft too (XCaliber 5) If you don't mind me asking, what is your swing speed and what flex are you using ..?

And glad to hear about the return of the AC Bearded Man. This thing truly does find fairways ..
I just wanna tinker with some different shafts. And if it's as easy as taking the shaft out and fitting the new one with the same adapter, or buying it all together already,
and plugging and playing .. this is a no brainer .. I was absolutely bommmbing this thing today on the range set at 11.5.
But there seemed to be a small leak to the right when it was, in as much as was concerned, a slight draw swing put on it, and it felt like I hit a flush draw.

Perhaps a different shaft (heavier) this G40 seems very light .. but when I can time it, which I was doing at the latter part of my session, wow!
Seems as if I have to step into a bit more to get the carry at 11.5*, and could be the cause of the leak, (not squaring up?)

I do feel it's time tho to move to a softer tip, lower kick shaft Mr. Glock, as age is catching up lol!
This XCaliber 5 sounds intriguing .. thanks for the info on our SS and flex in advance! :thumb:

Back