What improvements are you seeing in your game this season?

My putts per round is dropping. Which tells me that my short game is improving.

For me, I have made big strides in having a better setup and takeaway, from off-season lessons. I've found that bigger swing changes take longer, for me, so some of the other things in process probably won't take hold until late-season, or even going into next. I also had a significant improvement in putting over the course of about a month - changed my grip, slightly, and it seemed to do the trick.

I'm also taking lessons, and just about once a week depending on my schedule.

I've improved a ton in all areas, but still have a ton of improvement to make. I'm just gradually chipping away at my faults. I would like to be a 10 handicap in another year. I'm capable of it now if I could improve my consistency. That's probably the hardest part about golf.

Consistency is definitely my golf "albatross". I can put together 14 or 15 solid holes, but have a few blow-ups that will keep me out of single-digit land until I find a way to overcome them.

My iron play and short game are night and day better than last year. My driving has been a bit squirrely, but that has been coming slowly around.

Scoring opportunities. Putting myself in great position to score

Ball striking and consistency has improved since revamping my swing last fall with help from a friend and Bradley Hughes' videos and his Golf Swing posts on Secret in the Dirt.
Also have improved my course management with something I took from Ben Hogan's Five Fundamentals and asking my self "what is the correct shot?" when faced with those Tin Cup situations.

My iron ball striking and controlling the ball off the tee are my biggest improvements. My FIR and GIR numbers have been steadily rising. Need big improvements in the short game next.

My chipping has improved over last year and I thank the SM4 I got for that, as that club always flys the way I want it too. The bad this year has been driving as I got a new Covert 2.0 and although I hit the club great at GG in the simulator the on course experience is not even close to what I was seeing in GG and my HCP has risen from 7.2 to 9.5 as every drive has been this fade and I got so frustrasted last round that at the turn I went to my car a grabbed my old R11 and things were sort back to normal as I went 50/42 and FIR was 2 on the front and 5 on the back, I need to get to the range to figure out the 2.0 and until I do the R11 will stay in my bag.

Driving distance/consistency has improved, same with my irons. However most of that has to do with a change in equipment (in my irons). My putting has been pretty sharp and is what keeps me outta trouble most of the time. My wedge game has dropped off considerably and is a big part of what is holding me back with scoring better.

Putting and wedge play has been really solid this season.

So far, putting and sand game

Driver off the deck has become my go to shot...I don't know why.

I've tried to concentrate on putting my weight on my left (front) leg on my downswing and hitting down on the ball instead of sweeping with my irons. So far, the best I've ever hit a set of irons.

Also tried not going in front of the ball when setting up for a putt, instead doing it after my putter is lined up, as well as not taking a practice swing around the ball. My last round I was down to 2 3-putts and 5 or 6 1-putts. So going to keep that up for sure!

constancy better shots more often less big misses

My swing has changed dramatically last season, so I have seen general improvement with my ball striking. Specifically, I've probably seen the most improvement with long irons. Then mid irons. I always had issues hitting them and usually had hybrids in those spots, but am now seeing good things. Driving is probably next, as I'm getting a lot more distance consistently while keeping it fairly straight. Putting feels good and has been a stronger part of my game, and I've seen improvement there as well.

Approach shots for me is where I'm seeing improvement. Been walking dog every night on a 6 hole stretch. Take different iron each night and hit 6 balls to green. Been dialing in distances working well. Index down .5 in just 4 rounds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Putting and short game for the most part. I got lessons and now have a very good idea of how to practice and drills to help me improve. Working on my full swing at the moment and I have seen some issues with my scoring as I get the kinks worked out of the new swing. When I do get it right it will be a huge as I am trying to eliminate the two way miss I have right now off the tee.

Most rounds I would definitely say driver. I think I'm hitting fairways about 50% of the time but most of the misses are with good distance and playable.

I can't say with any confidence that ANY part of my game has improved this year so far. Lessons, practice, swing changes...I can't seem to clear my head and just play golf. And I still have the same problem that I've had for years--I can't put a whole round together.

I can't say with any confidence that ANY part of my game has improved this year so far. Lessons, practice, swing changes...I can't seem to clear my head and just play golf. And I still have the same problem that I've had for years--I can't put a whole round together.

In the rounds we've played, I think your tee game has improved. I bet if you had the numbers you would see that your big misses off the tee have decreased. Again this is just from our rounds together.

Shortening the swing has improved my ball striking 110 percent

In the rounds we've played, I think your tee game has improved. I bet if you had the numbers you would see that your big misses off the tee have decreased. Again this is just from our rounds together.
It's better than last year, but still not as consistent as the year prior. The lessons helped in that regard.

And the chronic lost ball thing (from all over the course) is really getting to me.

I can honestly say that I an swinging the club much better this year, but it's not there all the time. The lessons were coming along nicely, but my time for practice has turned to almost no time. Plus, my availability for lessons have become almost non existent. I need more time to get the swing change to become second nature.

Your swing was really good in LC :)

I've noticed I am more balanced and stable with my driver so far which is exactly what I was hoping to fix this summer.

Back