Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Found this today. #longandsoft #Iowa2014

evy7u5ad.jpg

~Rock

Found this today. #longandsoft #Iowa2014

evy7u5ad.jpg

~Rock

And by found you mean pulled it out of the stash you have under your bed....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

And by found you mean pulled it out of the stash you have under your bed....

There are so many jokes at my expense that can be made from this.

~Rock

Rock I have a very important question. Is Iowa beer still 3.2 and charge a deposit for cans? If this is the case I will definitely be getting my beer before I cross into Iowa.

Rock I have a very important question. Is Iowa beer still 3.2 and charge a deposit for cans? If this is the case I will definitely be getting my beer before I cross into Iowa.

Yes and yes. You can get 6%, but typically not in a light beer.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

There are so many jokes at my expense that can be made from this.

~Rock

Oh so true....

Yes and yes. You can get 6%, but typically not in a light beer.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I want to touch on this a little more. Yes, to my knowledge, Iowa still has the 3.2 law on the books. I've never read it. I don't understand it. But the fact of the matter is, when I get Miller Lite or some other domestic light beer, it's going to be 3.2%. The part I don't understand is I can get Budlight Platinum and it's 6%, and I think Black Crown is in the 5% range. So I don't know what effect that law really has, but take it as it is.

Iowa still charges a 5 cent deposit on every can or bottle. So the special deal of Busch Light isn't as special when you add 6-7% sales tax and $1.20 in deposit for 24 containers.

But here's the part I really wanted to hit on. We are going to be staying on or around the lake. There are no gas stations or towns for at least 15 miles. There is a marina convenience store, which we should be within a couple of minutes from, or even right next door to it. Being that it's a lake, I can promise you that it will be more expensive than normal.

I'm working on the accommodations today, and will announce today where to book.

~Rock

I want to touch on this a little more. Yes, to my knowledge, Iowa still has the 3.2 law on the books. I've never read it. I don't understand it. But the fact of the matter is, when I get Miller Lite or some other domestic light beer, it's going to be 3.2%. The part I don't understand is I can get Budlight Platinum and it's 6%, and I think Black Crown is in the 5% range. So I don't know what effect that law really has, but take it as it is.

Iowa still charges a 5 cent deposit on every can or bottle. So the special deal of Busch Light isn't as special when you add 6-7% sales tax and $1.20 in deposit for 24 containers.

But here's the part I really wanted to hit on. We are going to be staying on or around the lake. There are no gas stations or towns for at least 15 miles. There is a marina convenience store, which we should be within a couple of minutes from, or even right next door to it. Being that it's a lake, I can promise you that it will be more expensive than normal.

I'm working on the accommodations today, and will announce today where to book.

~Rock

Like Ive mentioned before I know the area fairly well that is why I asked about if it was still on the books. I plan on having more then enough so that I can just take it home if need be.

My gosh there are a lot of "guests" looking at this thread. Hop on in everyone!

~Rock

My gosh there are a lot of "guests" looking at this thread. Hop on in everyone!

~Rock

Much agreed!! Come on folks!

Is there a decision on lodging yet?

I'm buying 3 passes to cover myself, Manlai and Rambler. That'll leave 3 rounds that someone else could use. Who wants in for those 3 rounds from the card?

Just to take guess work out..im covered on pass

I'm buying 3 passes to cover myself, Manlai and Rambler. That'll leave 3 rounds that someone else could use. Who wants in for those 3 rounds from the card?

I'm confused on this. One pass covers two people (Saturday AM x2, Sunday AM x2 = one pass). Wouldn't you only have 2 rounds left?

I think Icey may be in need of a round, but I'm not sure. I know he's only scheduled for Saturday AM. And we may pick up another day trip only person. Somebody like Sleuth.....who is just lurking around, not committing. Typical Sleuth. Yes, I'm calling you out Sleuth.

Let's just make it easy for people. Here is a list of who is getting in on passes and with whom.

McRock & Bulldog
dhartmann34 & Manlai & Rambler

add your name to the list to get partnered up so you can coordinate who is buying the pass.

Hotel selection process underway.

~Rock

But we have 3 people in our caravan.... Which two passes wouldn't cover. So I figure get 3 and it covers 4 :)

I'm confused on this. One pass covers two people (Saturday AM x2, Sunday AM x2 = one pass). Wouldn't you only have 2 rounds left?

I think Icey may be in need of a round, but I'm not sure. I know he's only scheduled for Saturday AM. And we may pick up another day trip only person. Somebody like Sleuth.....who is just lurking around, not committing. Typical Sleuth. Yes, I'm calling you out Sleuth.

Let's just make it easy for people. Here is a list of who is getting in on passes and with whom.

McRock & Bulldog

add your name to the list to get partnered up so you can coordinate who is buying the pass.

~Rock

Wait....Aren't we playing 3 rounds (Sat am,pm) (Sunday am)?

Each pass = 4 rounds x 3 = 12 Rounds

3 people = 9 rounds
1 person = 3 rounds
Total = 12 rounds

McRock & Bulldog

~Rock

But we have 3 people in our caravan.... Which two passes wouldn't cover. So I figure get 3 and it covers 4 :)

god. lol. Maybe I'm just not seeing the math here. If a pass is 4 rounds, and one pass will cover two people, then wouldn't 2 passes cover 4 people? We aren't using the pass for afternoon rounds. It's cheaper to just pay the 'replay' rate of $25.00 for saturday afternoon. (since you posted before I replied)

As far as hotels. Grey Goose Inn doesn't have enough rooms. Were waiting on call backs from the marina hotel, cabins by the marina, and cabins a few miles from the course. If those don't work, were down to Nodyroc or any hotel in Albia.

~Rock

~Rock

ohhhhhhhhhhhh! now I see :) well then....that just changes everything now doesn't it?! Didn't see the replay rate was cheaper....

god. lol. Maybe I'm just not seeing the math here. If a pass is 4 rounds, and one pass will cover two people, then wouldn't 2 passes cover 4 people? We aren't using the pass for afternoon rounds. It's cheaper to just pay the 'replay' rate of $25.00 for saturday afternoon.

As far as hotels. Grey Goose Inn doesn't have enough rooms. Were waiting on call backs from the marina hotel, cabins by the marina, and cabins a few miles from the course. If those don't work, were down to Nodyroc or any hotel in Albia.

~Rock

~Rock

ohhhhhhhhhhhh! now I see :) well then....that just changes everything now doesn't it?!

If you already ordered, I'm sure a couple of people on here will buy it from you.

~Rock

Okay, so now that Rock has shown me I need to read closer.... (Although the waitress at the restaurant last night probably wouldn't agree.....)

I'm buying 2 passes covering Myself, Manlai and Rambler. Who wants the other two rounds? :)

this is a direct quote from the head pro to me in an email about a month ago.

The only thing I'm not totally clear on is whether or not it has to be a foursome, or whether a pair can use it. If you can use it individually, I'd think that means that two people can use it. Either way, there are currently set to be 10 of us Saturday and 9 on Sunday. I'm hoping for a couple more stragglers (that's you again Sleuth, and DonW).

[FONT=&quot]That deal is something I am partnering with WHO13 on. It can be purchased and used as you desire. No restrictions other than no holidays and it can be used via 4-some or individually. Replay rates will stay as advertised. $25/player. you do have to purchase it through the WHO website before June 7[SUP]th[/SUP].

~Rock
[/FONT]

Back