Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

That's where I know that name from. Canada returns? despite dhartmann's rampant discrimination towards Canadians???

~Rock

I love Canadians.... They populate most of my Blackhawks! And who doesn't love Canadian bacon? :)

That's where I know that name from. Canada returns? despite dhartmann's rampant discrimination towards Canadians???

~Rock

I love Canadians.... They populate most of my Blackhawks! And who doesn't love Canadian bacon? :)

I'm not a fan of Canadian Bacon. It's bland and often fatty and chewy.

Don't Canadians populate most of the NHL, along with Russians?

I don't even know if Lefty Sean ever said anything in this thread. Why didn't you tell me this before Woody?

~Rock

Ok, let's have a somewhat important update.

Were having a hotel issue. Buck Creek cabins has 5 standard cabins. So there aren't enough for us, and I'm not sleeping in a double sized bed with any of you. Grey Goose Inn only has 2 rooms available. The resort is $220/night.

This is my fault. I probably should have done this about a month ago, but I just wasn't sure how many were attending to know our needs.

If FoxTail cabins are a bust (and they aren't answering their phone, so there's the first bad sign), then we can either stay in Corydon at the Nodyroc, assuming they have availability, or in Albia at the Indian Hills Inn (probably a step up from Hawk's hotel of shame). Corydon is about $50/night, Albia will be about $70/night.

~Rock

I thought we were splitting the card??

Uh oh..... U can split with us if Woody kicked u to the curb....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

One other thing. Albia is about 15 minutes closer to the course than Corydon.

~Rock

How do you guys feel about bunk beds?

~Rock

Alright, here's the scoop. Got ahold of FoxTail. It's probably 5 minutes from the course, or less.

Website is here. http://www.foxtailcabins.com/

I think this may be the one to jump in on.

So quick group huddle. To do this cheaply, they have, for instance, a duplex cabin. One side has a room with a queen bed, a room with 2 bunk beds, and a queen sleeper sofa. It's 210/night. When you figure that's only going to sleep 6 people (one on the sofa), that is actually $35/night/person. The other side has a room with a queen bed and a full size futon. You have to figure that's only going to sleep 2 people. It's $140 per night, so that's $70/night/person. There are other cabins available, for instance, one smaller one has a full bed, then a twin bunked above it, then a full size futon. At $125/night, that's only $41.66/night/person.

Thoughts? Should we book up this bad boy duplex and just fill it up? Right now I have 9 overnighters. As far as I'm concerned, 1) i'm not sharing a bed with any of you, and 2) I can probably bring a sleeping bag or air mattress for the one extra person (so that no one has to sleep in the same bed as anyone else. They are ok with up to 10 in occupancy).

~Rock

Alright, here's the scoop. Got ahold of FoxTail. It's probably 5 minutes from the course, or less.

So quick group huddle. To do this cheaply, they have, for instance, a duplex cabin. One side has a room with a queen bed, a room with 2 bunk beds, and a queen sleeper sofa. It's 210/night. When you figure that's only going to sleep 6 people (one on the sofa), that is actually $35/night/person. The other side has a room with a queen bed and a full size futon. You have to figure that's only going to sleep 2 people. It's $140 per night, so that's $70/night/person. There are other cabins available, for instance, one smaller one has a full bed, then a twin bunked above it, then a full size futon. At $125/night, that's only $41.66/night/person.

Thoughts? Should we book up this bad boy duplex and just fill it up? Right now I have 9 overnighters. As far as I'm concerned, 1) i'm not sharing a bed with any of you, and 2) I can probably bring a sleeping bag or air mattress for the one extra person (so that no one has to sleep in the same bed as anyone else. They are ok with up to 10 in occupancy).

~Rock

I'm in.... Whatever u choose.

Whatever is cheap. I'll only need Saturday night. I can just throw an air mattress down on the floor somewhere.

Others? The reservation policy is not friendly. 1/2 up front, 1/2 2 weeks prior to reservation, refunds only if cancelled 20 days prior. I'm not going to be a fan of dropping the money for one side of that cabin if people aren't going to stay in it. Getting ready to fire off mass PM to get everyone's attention.

~Rock

I don't care one way or the other

~Rock

U need a firm count with a policy like that.

Mass PM sent. dhartmann, you think Rambler and Manlai are down with this idea? I know Woody would be down with it, because it's not in the town of some ex-gf that I guess didn't end to well. If those two are down, I can book the bigger side of that duplex-cabin, and we'd fill it. Then were covered for both nights, and the remaining 3 people can decide how they want to handle that other side (whether one night or two). Which that would be Flying Wedge (who is One night), Sposey and IlliniMick, and I don't know when they are planning on arriving.

I can see why people don't just all jump up to put these things together. I should have just gotten everyone's phone numbers and put together a conference call.

~Rock

Mass PM sent. dhartmann, you think Rambler and Manlai are down with this idea? I know Woody would be down with it, because it's not in the town of some ex-gf that I guess didn't end to well. If those two are down, I can book the bigger side of that duplex-cabin, and we'd fill it. Then were covered for both nights, and the remaining 3 people can decide how they want to handle that other side (whether one night or two). Which that would be Flying Wedge (who is One night), Sposey and IlliniMick, and I don't know when they are planning on arriving.

I can see why people don't just all jump up to put these things together. I should have just gotten everyone's phone numbers and put together a conference call.

~Rock

I don't see y they wouldn't be. We've gotta stay somewhere.

I've got to do whatever is cheap. Recently bought a house full of furniture and I have to use an oven mitt anytime I pull my debit card out.

Illinimick, when are you arriving? Friday or Saturday? There's a two night minimum for all cabins. Even with FW only staying Saturday night, as a group rate, its still pretty cheap to have both sides to that duplex cabin. So far, everyone is arriving Friday evening, except Flying Wedge and Icey (who is only playing Saturday AM).

~Rock

Since I am an oompa loopa a bunck bed works good for me, will someone read me a good night story and tuck me in :D

How do you guys feel about bunk beds?

~Rock

I've got a nice queen air mattress if we need it....this place looks nice

I've got to do whatever is cheap. Recently bought a house full of furniture and I have to use an oven mitt anytime I pull my debit card out.

Lol, I know that feeling. Depending on when Illinimick arrives, this should work out to $44/person the first night, and $39/person the second night, plus taxes and all that crap.

~Rock

That should work. Otherwise I might just turn it into a camping trip on that awesome bed liner you made fun of.

Ok, I have gotten enough responses that I'm going to book up Big Bear (the large side of the duplex cabin). I have 5 for sures, and I strongly suspect woody and manlai are down with this as well, not that they've responded.

As part of the booking process, I need everyone to please PM me your real, full names, and if for some reason you aren't 21 (and I think everyone is), also let me know that.

~Rock

Back