USA Men's Soccer National Team

Don't forget Wondo up front and Beckerman is a sneaky offensive player. Beckerman allows Bradley to play higher up and push the game.

Again, I'm certainly biased but can also step back and look at big picture. I've said it before but a Beckerman/Bradley mid is scary good. Both guys excel at what they do.
Couldn't agree more with this. Put Wondo and Dempsey up top. Maybe switch out Wondo or Johannsson depending on the style. Bradley and Jones or Beckerman. Zusi out right and Johnson on left. Both guys always look dangerous. So now you got 5 good attackers. Maybe leaving LD out isn't so bad?

The Gold Cup showed what Beckerman can do with good forwards. He and Wondo were unreal

It's a chance for USA's young guys to show what they have. Julian Green will have the chance to do something great and impress. I am a Johansson fan though many of my euro buddies say he's bad. We need to win vs. Ghana and tie Portugal, then we can pray that's enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a chance for USA's young guys to show what they have. Julian Green will have the chance to do something great and impress. I am a Johansson fan though many of my euro buddies say he's bad. We need to win vs. Ghana and tie Portugal, then we can pray that's enough

Portugal can be quite unpredictable. Work hard, hope Ronaldo is not on one of his amazing days, and there's a chance. No idea what Ghana will do. Don't think many teams will live with Germany except of course the likes of Spain...

I'm still struggling with Klinnsy not bringing Donovan and bringing Altidore or any other striker. Altidore fell flat on his face at Sunderland so since he's going on form, what form does Jozy have? There's no person that "scares" any team coming off of our bench the way Donovan would. I really hope Omar Gonzalez stay home due to injury and we bring Donovan in as a super sub

I don't put too much stock in Altidore's season at Sunderland. He had no one who could get the ball up to him at all, and it's pretty hard to score when the deliveries are poor or non-existent.

Given the group, I think teamwork will be more important than individuals... To some extent!

Anyone else fairly concerned after last nights game?

^Definitely. No offense, but if Wondo is our best scoring option with Dempsey and Jozy, we've got problems. Defense was solid but not amazing, hard to tell against that opponent. I feel like this team at best is 3rd best in their group, if not 4th.

Anyone else fairly concerned after last nights game?

not at all. no urgancy in games like that. they will be in top form when the cup comes around

Last night was tough because Azerbaijan was defending with like 10 guys, which while seen often in qualifying will not be seen in the WC. The wind was also pretty brutal.

If they look flat against Turkey on Sunday, then I'll be more worried.

I missed the game last night. Way too late for this guy haha hard to put much stock in a warm up friendly. Seems like teams don't want to show too much.

I've never been very active in any of the soccer threads here but I'm a huge soccer fan. Here are my views from the game last night..

I'm happy we got the win but the game wasn't what I was hoping to see. The US was very sloppy in the back and were lucky that Azerbaijan didn't have more shots on goal. A better team would have torn them apart. The forwards looked great and Bradley looked solid in the midfield. The overwhelming weak point in my opinion was the midfield. We had very little possession in the midfield and resorted to passing the ball to the fullbacks and them booting it up to the forwards. When the ball was played through the middle the attacks looked great and had lots of potential. Fortunately we were playing a team who was second class and didn't give us much trouble. In the future if we continue to play the way we did last night I think we will see less then 40% of the ball and if that is the case there will be lots of trouble. Hopefully while reviewing the film the coach will see this and make his team hold possession and play through the middle. Finally, the US were very sloppy with their first touches and will get closed down much quicker during the World Cup.

Anyways I'm being critical but that's because I know we have the potential to better then we played last night

I forgot they were playing. Reading these comments they didn't seem to do too well, reading online reports of the game, they seemed to do a little better. Personally, I never put too on a friendly performance.

I feel like this team at best is 3rd best in their group, if not 4th.

LOL, you needed a slightly dodgy performance to realize this. With Germany and Portugal in the group???

I forgot they were playing. Reading these comments they didn't seem to do too well, reading online reports of the game, they seemed to do a little better. Personally, I never put too on a friendly performance.

LOL, you needed a slightly dodgy performance to realize this. With Germany and Portugal in the group???

haha, I wanted to say 4th best, but was trying to be nice

I hope people keep counting this team out because it should serve as all the motivation they need to show the world what kind of team they are. They are in a tough group but they can compete with any team IMO. Now they just need to show it

I hope people keep counting this team out because it should serve as all the motivation they need to show the world what kind of team they are. They are in a tough group but they can compete with any team IMO. Now they just need to show it

When they are all playing to their best, I think they can hang with some of the big boys, but I am just not seeing that best of late.

Finally getting a chance to watch the game vs. Turkey. So far so good it seems. The US team is really playing fast and quick. When it really matters they need to be able to convert on one of those early chances.

Pretty finish and ball to get US up 1. Fabian Johnsons first goal in the Red White and Blue

I know I am a bit biased but I really think Cameron is going to have an excellent World Cup. He had played really well for Stoke this past EPL season and I believe is ready for the challenges of the WC.

Does Altidore having a horrendous 2014 mean he is gonna blow up in Brazil? Man I hope so....

I'm with you and I think we get out of the group along with Germany. No statistical data to support, just a good old fashion hunch.

With Germany and Portugal in the group, I like your optimism ;)

Yeah I'm afraid I will be hoping much more than believing. Portugal may often under perform, and they are unpredictable, but they are experienced in big competitions, and have plenty of talent.
sadly I think they've got less chance of getting out the group than England have, and I can't see that happening either...

We play Portugal in the middle of the jungle. They are soft. We couldn't have chosen a better situation against them. That doesn't mean we will win, but it is our most favorable situation against them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Back