Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

That should work. Otherwise I might just turn it into a camping trip on that awesome bed liner you made fun of.

Was it carpeted? I remember making fun of it, but don't totally remember why. I considered having us all camp at the camp grounds, but wasn't sure if it would be a hundred degrees or not.

~Rock

Yes carpeted. Makes a flat surface on the bottom. Throw in a sleeping bag and pillow and your done.

First post updated with lodging info. As soon as I get some real names, I'm going to book up Big Bear (sleeps 6 comfortably). Then someone else will need to book up Bear Cub, because I just can't take on 100% of the risk on this. So whoever wants to volunteer to do that, just let me know, and I'll forward the list of real people names for booking purposes. When we book, were booking for 2 nights (that's the minimum stay).

~Rock

Oh Woody? Are you tapping while working and getting names mixed up?

~Rock

Yes I did get the names mixed up I am very sorry Flying Wedge. That's what I get for doing it while on the phone with my boss.

Hi Rock,
Just saw your messages this evening. I'm willing to book the second cabin if it hasn't been booked already.

Hi Rock,
Just saw your messages this evening. I'm willing to book the second cabin if it hasn't been booked already.

Thanks mike. Ill send you info for booking tomorrow morning.

~Rock

I am splitting a card with Lefty Sean.

I would love to make it down again! But for me, it's not in the cards for late June. I hope you guys have a blast!

And maybe Derek has another ace up his sleeve?!?!? That would be epic!

I would love to make it down again! But for me, it's not in the cards for late June. I hope you guys have a blast!

And maybe Derek has another ace up his sleeve?!?!? That would be epic!

You know I'm gonna try!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Can I go ahead and call top bunk?

As long as you will tell me a good night story :)

I'm really considering bringing a nice children's book for this. Maybe my son's 'pet the animals' book.

You know I'm gonna try!

Not only will you have a couple of holes on Corydon that this is doable, but The Preserve also has a couple of short to mid range par 3s.

953490-fard.jpg

Big Bear cabin is booked. Illinimick has been gracious enough to take care of booking Bear Cub. Combined, they make the Iowa Chapter of Theta Heta Pi fraternity. Current estimate is $42 per person per night (Icey and Flying Wedge, that means you're only paying $42 total since you are each staying just one night).

~Rock

Since he didn't take credit for it, Illinimick has booked bear cub cabin. So were all set.

~Rock

Since he didn't take credit for it, Illinimick has booked bear cub cabin. So were all set.

~Rock

That's great that everything is booked for this. I told Tamy today that you booked some cabins and she told me not to go to jail while we were up there. I told her we had a lawyer we should be okay.

That's great that everything is booked for this. I told Tamy today that you booked some cabins and she told me not to go to jail while we were up there. I told her we had a lawyer we should be okay.

I have no pull in that county. But we will be 20 miles from any police center. I do know the magistrate pretty well though...

And if that doesn't work, I'm told falling trees will get you out of trouble.

~Rock

Before any maybe's or new people start wondering, there is 1) still space in the current cabins for others to join this event, and 2) still other cabins in the complex available for booking if we need to start overflowing to other cabins. Don't let our booking of a couple of cabins stop you from joining this incredible event. When you consider that you we are playing golf at 50% of the regular green fee rates the entire time, this is a great opportunity to play with some THPers, and there is nothing better than playing with THPers.

So join now, and get in on the discounted green fees. Discounted green fee cards have to be purchased by June 6. That's only 6 days away.

~Rock

After getting home from Indy all I can think about is playing with THPers again!

After getting home from Indy all I can think about is playing with THPers again!

True story! Iowa will be here quick!

True story! Iowa will be here quick!

True story! You are THP royalty now. Prince dhartmann34, conqueror of Indy, will be gracing Iowa with his presence.

26 days.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

True story! You are THP royalty now. Prince dhartmann34, conqueror of Indy, will be gracing Iowa with his presence.

26 days.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I'll just borrow your red carpet....

26 days.

~Rock

Ugh... Don't encourage him - he demanded to be driven right up to his ball all day, today... Even when it was on the green. #WannaBeRoyalty

:lying:

Ugh... Don't encourage him - he demanded to be driven right up to his ball all day, today... Even when it was on the green. #WannaBeRoyalty

:lying:

Did I even get one on the green today?

#IfIDidItWasByAccident

I signed the 'rental agreement' for the Big Bear Cabin today. I hate to be the Frat mom here, but we're responsible for cleaning up the cabin, which includes taking the sheets off our beds and throwing them in the tub, and for taking the garbage out and putting it in the dumpster. It's my preference to not use any of the dishes in the cabins, since were also responsible for washing them and putting them away.

This is going to be quite a 'cozy' set up.

~Rock

Back