What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
53/50 = 103

Hrmph. Well, that's a bit disappointing. Had, once again, four blowup holes (two 7's, an 8, and a 9) which sunk my score again. Was in the sand two times, which took me four shots to get out of, and two penalties. I was getting off the tee alright except for the first par three (sent it in the drink) and on 18. Despite the bad start on 18, I managed to save par with a great 5W second shot putting me 98 yards out and I stuck the PW to within 10' and sunk the putt. It was a good way to end a frustrating round. I tell you, my wedge game is solid ... if the club name ends in "wedge" and I can full swing it, I am confident that I can get it to stick. Was killing them today which was a great feeling. I should probably re-name the rest of my clubs to "6 iron wedge", "7 wood wedge", etc etc. Driving was ok, nothing to write home about distance-wise but I hit about 40% FIR. It's my second shot which is really killing me. I had an awful slice with my 7W today but I kept pulling it, determined to make it work (never did). Halfway through the round I started calling it my "idiot stick" because I was an idiot for pulling it out of my bag.

However ... if a 103 is now my "bad game" I'm doing something right because a month ago a 103 would have been a PB. So, progress.

93 for me today.

6400ish. 70.9/124

1 stinkin par. 11 bogeys and 6 doubles. No triples so that was promising.

7/13 fairways and only 2 GIR. I was spot on with distances but missing left mostly as I expected a slight fade which is my typical iron shot.

33 total putts with 5 one putts and 2 three putts.

Still lacking distance off the tees. I think with another 10-15 yards off the tees I would have been a good handful if not 8 or 10 strokes better today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 2 over 72 today! 1 under front 9 3 over back 9 had an eagle 2 on 6 146 one bounce spun back in!!
Then had a double on 14 pulled second out if bounds!! Only had 28 putts which always helps! 11/18 greens hit!!
Today was a good day!

75 at Bay Forest in LaPorte southeast of Houston. Made 2 birdies on the front on 3 & 4, but bogeyed 1 and 7 for an even par 35 on the front, Got to 1 under after birdieing 10, but bogeyed 11 to give that back and then bogeyed 3 of 4 coming in trying to beat the rain that was approaching which I did by about 5 minutes.

81 today with 3 doubles, easy course. After the rounds at Waterlefe and River Stand which were really hard courses for me with the new irons and very fast greens (really nice greens but fast to what I am used to) it was good to at least have a chance a decent round.

Congrats on the hole-in-one. I've been playing 50+ years without one.
Shot 85 today in one of my leagues. Hit the ball good, putted good, just a few "chunkies" along the way. Weather was gorgeous - a great day to be a golfer.

Congrats on the hole-in-one. I've been playing 50+ years without one.
Shot 85 today in one of my leagues. Hit the ball good, putted good, just a few "chunkies" along the way. Weather was gorgeous - a great day to be a golfer.

Yeah it was like 60 and cloudy here in DE in the morning but sun broke through around the 5th hole and never went back to hiding. 75ish with a light breeze. Perfect!

Played 9 and shot 46. Not happy with the score but I did see some signs that the swing change is working. Finished par-par-par and ended the round with only 14 putts.

92 for 34 stableford points in a work event, finished 4th.

Ignoring the hilarious 8 on the first, VERY happy with the front 9, 3 off the tee twice on the back were the spoilers there.

Driving was poor, wedges golden, good day in good company (scramble in the afternoon; net -4)

2014-05-30%20card.png

I shot 48/45-93 at Purgatory with a bunch of the Indy Invitational guys today. I was hitting the ball well enough, but the greens were just brutal. I wasn't keeping track of my putts, but I know I had 4 3-putts on the front 9 alone.

92 on a windy mountain course I hadn't played before. Worst part was it was so slow.

What did you shoot today?

50/44 for a 94

4 penalties on the front all off the tee(2 on 1 hole) 17 putts

1penalty on the back from a 185yd 8i(saw it bounce twice before dropping into the pond) that led to my only triple on the back. Was +3 thru 6 till the penalty, 3jacked #8 for a bogey and 2putted 9 to finish with a bogey- only had 15 putts

Really upset with the front 9 but pleased with the back as my short game saved me big time and I played solid course management, getting up and down for pars and at least giving myself a chance for them was nice

Last edited:
49/47-96,8/14 fir, 6/18 gir,42 f'in putts. This getting embarrassing. Next order of business - spi lesson. Also since I changed my pre shot routine my iron distances are off. I need a field and a range finder.

41 at purgatory back 9. 2 doubles 2 bogeys one bird

Scratched and clawed my way to an 89. Haven't been getting good breaks last few rounds.

You know the feeling when you've just made a birdie and the next hole just goes wrong.

Well I made a hole in one on the 4th, 130 yard par 3. Followed by double bogey, bogey, triple bogey.

Final score 82.

tujy7a6e.jpg

Screen_Shot_2014_05_30_at_11_13_01.png

The Finnisher with the ACE! Way to go man and congratulations!

JM

Nice work Castor!! Save those for Myrtle.

My round this evening. Set a new PB from these tees on this course. I have shot four 79's from tees one forward from these. Could have been so much better without the two blowup holes. Struck the ball really well tonight. SLDR was in the bag and was really good for me.

53014MirrorLake-Mountain_zps17bba87e.jpg

89 today. Mental mistakes mostly. Some flashes of brilliance in there as well. Getting better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I shot 8 over 43 today. I was 6 over on the three par 3's, 2 over on the other 6.

I shot a 41/43 = 84, 4/14 fairways, 8/18 GIR, 34 putts (one 3-putt). One triple, two doubles, one birdie. Chipped like a dog today. Should have broken 80. Duffed at least 4 chips, two skulls. I will be working on that tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back