G15 Driver 18 Hole Mini Review .

PAR_6

Senior Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.0
I managed to get a G15 demo driver (had to drive 50 miles to get it) and test it out today for 18 holes. I have been using the Ft-IQ 11* driver with the stock Fubuki Regular Flex for about 2 to 3 weeks. I had 30 days to turn it back in for a credit on another driver so I wanted to test the G15 before the 30 days were up. I tested the G15 10.5* with the stock Ping Regular Flex. Here is a comparison between yesterday and today. The weather was the same both days and I used the 2010 NXT Tour ball both days. Distances were measured by GPS.

Thursday : FT-IQ
Fairways 4 out of 11
AVG Distance 226 yards
GIR 9
Putts 33 (punched greens)
Score 78

Friday : G15
Fairways 4 out of 10
AVG Distance 250 yards
GIR 13
Putts 35 (punched greens)
Score 76

I have been Tracking my Driver Distance since mid January and my average for this year is 227 yards with the highest day before today being 234 yards.
Today was 250 yards which is to me a big improvement.
On back to back holes on the back 9 I hit 284 and 270 yards. It's been a fairly long time since I have hit it 270-280. My goal was to try to get back up to 250-260 so now for the 1st time in a while I feel like that is a good possibilty.
My misses with both drivers are very playable being just a few feet off the fairway at most. The misses with the G15 were longer than the FT-IQ.

I have had good luck in the past with the G2 and the G5 so Ping drivers must work with my swing.

The FT-IQ is a good driver but for some reason for me it doesn't have a WOW Factor like the G15 does.

After only 18 holes I can say that I am pretty impressed with the G15.

g15

g15

Looks like the g15 will be in your bag. I really want to try the g15 driver this spring.
I had a chance the g15 fairways ,they are solid easy to hit woods.
L57

Thanks for the review. I was just reading up the G 15 this morning and was considering testing it out at the local golf store. Tha kind of added distance is impressive. Looks like you have found your new driver.

Those are some numbers, cant argue with results like that. This makes multiple times Ive read about the G15 increasing driver numbers like that.

Thanks for the review. I was just reading up the G 15 this morning and was considering testing it out at the local golf store. Tha kind of added distance is impressive. Looks like you have found your new driver.

i would highly recommend you giving it a go. best feeling driver i've hit for 2010. there's just something there with this club, it feels great, looks great, and performs. i'll be interested to hear your thoughts.

I sent the FT-IQ back to TGW Friday and ordered the G15 to replace it.
I will get it on Wednesday and play it starting Thursday.

Back