Summer Memberships

sound like a truly awesome place to join and to have games going on is got to be good fun

The place I joined in Colorado, Ironbridge, just started a new single membership plan for 200/mo for 12 months. It includes unlimited range, cart fees for 9 & 18, plus pool/spa, gym, and river access so it pays off in more ways than just golf. Considering that public rounds are $80, it pays for itself rather quickly. It all adds up to more golf for the money and i can't say no to that.

JB...i'll be teeing it up at ur new "home course" today.

I declare May 1st, Summer membership day in Flroida

Not just summer memberships but summer RATES...WOOHOO..checked golfnow.com this morning, a whole page of "hot deals" under $20.

JB sent u a pm..:act-up:

Not just summer memberships but summer RATES...WOOHOO..checked golfnow.com this morning, a whole page of "hot deals" under $20.

Thanks buddy. Working on it, but struggling to move some stuff around with launches of two HUGE things today.
3rd Gauntlet contest with THP & Callaway
THP Bridgestone Championship at PGA National.

Might want to try your luck in those. Close to home and just amazing!!!!

Wait, so we are clear: You pay $500, and you get unlimited practice and exactly how much do you pay per round? Just a very small cart fee?

Wait, so we are clear: You pay $500, and you get unlimited practice and exactly how much do you pay per round? Just a very small cart fee?

That is correct.
$20 per round or $12.75 for 9 holes.
Plus use of the entire club including fitness classes, tennis, pool, tiki bar, etc.

That is a very solid deal. How many months did it cover?

Edit. Skim Post

5 months =)

Last edited:
That is correct.
$20 per round or $12.75 for 9 holes.
Plus use of the entire club including fitness classes, tennis, pool, tiki bar, etc.

That's tempting even for me. It's a haul, though.

That's tempting even for me. It's a haul, though.

Yeah, unless you are in Brandon or south, it would be a long way.

So far so good at the Strand. Nice deal, the course has 27 holes so while they work on one 9 the other is still great. Practice facility has been perfect for us so far.

Single golfer here-
I like to get out there with hot deals and zip through a round in a little over two hours (fairways 'n greens).......Had been doing that in summmers past. But lately I've noticed that when you take a hot deal as a single, the courses don't let you get out there alone anymore even if the course is completely empty. The other day I was told I had to play with the other hot deal players tee time - a round that usually took 2+ hrs, was doubled 4+ hrs. Had a good time interacting with the other golfers (a couple of them were pretty bad), but expecting to play a quick, cheap round seems to be a non-option. I think Golfnow has contacted the courses and told them to keep group integrity for those hot deals. (The River Club, Bradenton, $15)........course was in decent shape, btw ....greens were relatively smooth.

I still prefer to play with THPers than play with anybody or alone.
Fast pace is never an issue in my group. :D

Tampa Golfers - if you don't mind the drive up to Saddlebrook, jump on the Palmer course w/ a hot deal. That's one of my favorite courses in the area. Great layout and green complexes.

If you are in the Tampa area, Southern Hills (Brooksville) has a pretty amazing summer membership right now. It's $59.95/month through September, with a $24.95 cart fee per day. As far as I am concerned, Southern Hills is the best course in the area, public or private. It has hosted Q school, and could honestly host a PGA Tour tournament. I played it today, and it was in fabulous shape, aside from the greens, which were aerated about 10 days ago and need another week or two. They also have elite practice facilities, including a short game area, multiple teeing areas on the range (with really good turf), a huge putting green and a short course. There is a $100 initiation fee and a monthly $50 food and drink minimum. It took me 40 minutes to drive there from the Carrollwood area today. This is a great deal.

If you are in the Tampa area, Southern Hills (Brooksville) has a pretty amazing summer membership right now. It's $59.95/month through September, with a $24.95 cart fee per day. As far as I am concerned, Southern Hills is the best course in the area, public or private. It has hosted Q school, and could honestly host a PGA Tour tournament. I played it today, and it was in fabulous shape, aside from the greens, which were aerated about 10 days ago and need another week or two. They also have elite practice facilities, including a short game area, multiple teeing areas on the range (with really good turf), a huge putting green and a short course. There is a $100 initiation fee and a monthly $50 food and drink minimum. It took me 40 minutes to drive there from the Carrollwood area today. This is a great deal.

What was the daily rate, that is a course I keep saying I want to play.

What was the daily rate, that is a course I keep saying I want to play.

Not sure. I was playing in a tournament. Last time I played in the summer there, we got a twilight rate of like $40, but I have also paid $140 there during peak season. If I had to guess, I would say $65.

Picked up a membership card at my local track in Surprise. 99.00 for the summer and I can play unlimited golf for $8.00 any day I play. Already have 54 holes in less then a week.

Not sure. I was playing in a tournament. Last time I played in the summer there, we got a twilight rate of like $40, but I have also paid $140 there during peak season. If I had to guess, I would say $65.

I think a lot of their rates are sub 40 bucks dude. That is what I got an email about anyway. It could be a special however.

I think a lot of their rates are sub 40 bucks dude. That is what I got an email about anyway. It could be a special however.

My buddy said that right now you can get on for $40 after 11 on weekdays and after 12 on weekends.

Getting a membership has been awesome for me as I have played a ton more than normal and am seeing my game improve because of it.

Just renewed my membership at American Lakes, for the next 12 months.... a whopping $150 for unlimited golf, 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm (Summer hours). Shhhhhhhhh, it's the best kept secret in Washington state. Range is extra, but $4 for 100 balls is not bad, and they don't frown if you bring your own shag bag of balls to practice chipping/sand trap and putting.

Back