I don't understand why that is, I thought one of the reasons blades were wonderful was because the cog wasn't so low so they didn't launch with so much spin?

I can understand the workability side of things, but I've found gi Irons very easy to spin. They flight high and land soft.

You couldn't be more wrong. Blades launch low, have a much lower, penetrating ball flight and put a ton of spin on the ball be it sideways or back spin. If you can't seem to grasp simple physics and how to manipulate a golf ball then perhaps you shouldn't comment on the subject period.

You couldn't be more wrong. Blades launch low, have a much lower, penetrating ball flight and put a ton of spin on the ball be it sideways or back spin. If you can't seem to grasp simple physics and how to manipulate a golf ball then perhaps you shouldn't comment on the subject period.

There is really no reason for your comments on any subject. I'll let you figure out the physics of a golf ball on your own because more than one comment you've made is completely false.

It's like talking to a brick wall^^^^^. Seek professional help big guy.

Back in January at the Ultimate Testing, my memory might be selective, but I believe Taylormade said that pros don't care so forging their Tour Preferred irons was a low priority.
This isn't a forged vs cast issue....it's whether or not thinner soles make it easier to work and put spin on the ball vs thick, clunky cavity backs with wide soles. Sure you can get the ball to check and spin but not nearly as effectively as that of a players iron. Forget I said forged....nobody cares. I know I don't. The point I made is just that.......you can add spin more effectively with a thinner sole design if you know how to pull the string like me. When I was pitching in the bigs, working the ball was the last thing on my mind.....it wasnt until after Tommy John surgery and ultimately retirement that I placed emphasis on lowering my index and learning how to shape shots. You'll get it one day.

Either tons needs to change or action will be taken. The reason forged vs cast was replied upon was because of the posts you made, no someone else.

Either tons needs to change or action will be taken. The reason forged vs cast was replied upon was because of the posts you made, no someone else.
Huh??? I don't get it. What's up dude??

I thought debate was ok in this forum which is why I joined. To learn and share with past experience. Don't take my opinion as a personal attack. If you do then you got bigger issues than putting backspin on a golf ball.

This will be the last warning.
Debate = Good
Belittling, name calling, etc = not on THP.

This will be the last time it is brought up.

Whoa, chill guys. This thread is supposed to be about Montgomerie, not another forged/cast discussion :)

So I noticed Colin Montgomerie is gaming some super gi irons according to golf channel. Wow.....I guess he simplified the game and could care less about shot shaping, spin and consistency with a cast set. Any thoughts?? It is on the Champions (senior) tour however. lol

No they don't buddy. Get out more often big guy.

Lol you can get it to check but with fat soles it's much easier with a forged players set for both feel, sole width and workability.

It's like talking to a brick wall^^^^^. Seek professional help big guy.

This isn't a forged vs cast issue....it's whether or not thinner soles make it easier to work and put spin on the ball vs thick, clunky cavity backs with wide soles. Sure you can get the ball to check and spin but not nearly as effectively as that of a players iron. Forget I said forged....nobody cares. I know I don't. The point I made is just that.......you can add spin more effectively with a thinner sole design if you know how to pull the string like me. When I was pitching in the bigs, working the ball was the last thing on my mind.....it wasnt until after Tommy John surgery and ultimately retirement that I placed emphasis on lowering my index and learning how to shape shots. You'll get it one day.

Huh??? I don't get it. What's up dude??

Here are your post from this thread. When you come at people with 'lol', 'you couldn't be more wrong' 'seek professional help' it doesn't seem like you are very excepting of others very informed opinions on the subject.

The he forum welcomes differing opinion but your responses are a mix of defense, opinion and personal attack (the way they are phrased) a lot of what you have said simply is false and it's your opinion but your opinion is fraud with bad info. Blades don't launch low. People launch blades low. Wide soles are not less workable then thin soles. And forged isn't more playable than cast. These are facts that you took the reverse and defended strongly.

It's not about people taking it worng or right. They are responding to your stance and posturing on the issue. Ice liked the things you've had to say in other threads and hope you stick around. But on this issue, you are dead wrong. When opinion runs into fact, opinion will lose every time. I'm writing this with coffee in hand and nothing but peace in my heart. Not attacking you or telling you anything in anger. Just spelling it out.

These threads are always fun lol. In an attempt to bring it back on track I don't think Monty has any problem shaping the ball. I don't think he "simplified" anything as you put it. Seems to work it just fine as was evident in his win recently. This whole cast debate is kinda played out

Here are your post from this thread. When you come at people with 'lol', 'you couldn't be more wrong' 'seek professional help' it doesn't seem like you are very excepting of others very informed opinions on the subject.

The he forum welcomes differing opinion but your responses are a mix of defense, opinion and personal attack (the way they are phrased) a lot of what you have said simply is false and it's your opinion but your opinion is fraud with bad info. Blades don't launch low. People launch blades low. Wide soles are not less workable then thin soles. And forged isn't more playable than cast. These are facts that you took the reverse and defended strongly.

It's not about people taking it worng or right. They are responding to your stance and posturing on the issue. Ice liked the things you've had to say in other threads and hope you stick around. But on this issue, you are dead wrong. When opinion runs into fact, opinion will lose every time. I'm writing this with coffee in hand and nothing but peace in my heart. Not attacking you or telling you anything in anger. Just spelling it out.
I wish others had your gift of expression....myself included. Well I don't think I'm wrong when stating that in my opinion it is much easier to spin the ball with a thinner soled clubhead or players design if you will. A thousand different youtube and web sites back it up but I was wrong for belittling people. I apologize for that. Thanks as always Kong.

Back