How often do you get a new golf bag / how many do you have?

Get a new bag about every 3 years. Will be getting one from a THPer in a couple of weeks. First non stand bag I believe since they started making them. Will have 2 carry stand bags that are pretty worn and one cart bag when I get it.

I have four, one old one that holds my first full set of clubs, a stand bag that holds all my extra clubs, a Sunday bag for when I play the par three course and my cart bag that I use all the time. My main bag is four or five years old and has at least that many years to go.

I have seven staff bags and one stand bag. I usually get a new staff bag every couple of years, or when I changed staff deals. I kept last Year's Callaway bag this year because I like the black with green trim.

The staffers are piling up, but only 1 carry

I have two stand bags. One is a Cleveland they is about 6 years old and I also have an Ogio that is just about two years old.

I've never had a Staff or cart bag. But I am considering a cart bag this year.

I have purchased two new bags in the past few years, but have bought less than five going all the way back to 85'.

I have one bag. I use them into the ground then get rid of them.

My last bag was a walking/stand bag. I got it for christmas from my parents when I was in high school, about 1998. My wife, who I love very much, got me a new Sun Mountain Cart Bag last year. There's nothing wrong with my old bag, just not as many pockets.

So to answer the question, I guess my last bag I kept for about 16 years. I also kept it, because I do still walk the course occasionally and it's far more convenient than a cart bag for walking.

~Rock

I have one staff bag and two stand bags.

Only 1 bag right now but pondering a stand bag for its smaller footprint.

Since the mid 1990's I've used stand bags on about a 5 year life cycle before I give them away/sell them for cheap. Last year I got a cart bag (Sun Mountain Sync) and although I really like it, have been pondering getting a smaller bag again that will fit in my trunk easier. Using the Synch tomorrow for a walking 9 though so I could see keeping 2 bags around.

Wow, another "who'da thunk" topic. I am surprised how many bags some of us have. I have three cart bags and am always looking for the perfect one.

I have 2 staff bags....gave my old cart bag to my brother.....now looking to buy a new cart bag

I get a new personalized staff bag pretty much every year. I wonder how long that will continue.
So a personalized bag means it has your name on it? I always said if my handicap ever gets to single digits ( and not by having an appendage removed) I would then get a bag w my name stitched on it.

Currently only 1 Old Nike cart bag... its ok and does the trick... but I think its time to upgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have a Bridgestone staff bag, an Ogio cart bag, a TM stand bag and TM hybrid cart/stand bag. I just gave my brother a Bag Boy stand bag a couple weeks ago that I didn't need or use. I am always looking at staff bags, but never buy one (I won the only one I have).

Be the ball!!

Just two... a generic stand bag that came with my first clubs; an off-brand my wife bought me to start me playing golf. When I switched to Ping Rapture clubs I bought a ping cart bag. She (wife) has 4 bags, one I bought her and two she inherited from her mom and dad and her original. I can't imagine why I need a staff bag, but I am considering buying a Mizuno bag now that I switched to those clubs. I'll soon gather up all these extra bags and club sets and donate them to my Home course, to be given to other veterans.

Kinda diggin that Ogio Shredder stand bag....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have 2 stand bags... And I normally buy a new bag when I buy new irons... About every 2 or 3 years... I normally give the old bags away to friends that need them, I always have 2 bags (one for my regular set and one for my back up (travel set)... I just got my current bag, a Callaway Fusion 14 stand bag and I love it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How often do you get a new golf bag / how many do you have?

I have two stand bags, a Ping 4 Under my buddy was going to throw out, and a 2012 Sun Mountain 3.5

I was cleaning the clubs last night and noticed the SM was starting starting to tear at one of the seams where the strap is seen to bag

I'm a little concerned as I typically don't walk and the bag is just a year and a half old, but I've made a concerted effort to walk more this year so I think I need to start my search for a new bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wont typically buy something unless I'm replacing something else, and there is usually a reason for replacing it. Once I make the switch to whatever I bought, I try to unload the stuff I replaced. So, I currently have my Callaway cart bag. The wife & daughter got it for me for Father's day about 4 years ago. Clearance item at a local GC proshop. I've enjoyed it. It's functional and good looking bag but has gotten pretty faded, the fabric on the divider tops is frayed, and some of the pockets / straps and other connecting bits are starting to fall apart. I just bought a Sun Mountain C-130 through Golfsmith.com with some gift cards I won at work. It should be here in a couple of weeks. I'll throw all my old random clubs in it and donate the mess to Goodwill when the new bag arrives.

I also have a Callaway Warbird stand bag I bought 5 years ago or-so. I use it rarely but it's a great bag for vacations as it's a lot smaller and fits nicely in the car-top carrier. I also use it when I walk or push the cart. That's not often as it's pretty hot here in the summertime, so the Warbird is my winter bag for the most part and for vacations as mentioned before. I'll probably have that bag till I die at the rate I use it.

Whenever the mood strikes, but in reality, its not that often.

a good stand bag and a good cart bag are all a guy needs right? A few staff bags don't hurt either..... :act-up:

JM

I have a cart bag that I use 99% of the time and a stand bag that I'll use if I have to walk. I buy a new bag maybe every year or 2 depending on wear and always give my extra bags away to my buddies.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1 staffer and 2 stand(one custom)

I had never changed bags till last yr when 441 gave me a staffer and then I bought two carry bags this yr.

I got a new one on my birthday last year as the standbag I had was literally falling apart. I also own a ping staff bag that has never seen the course. Not one to buy a new bag, usually use it till its time to retire it due to wear anf then get a new one

Back