Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

I still have 2 rounds available on the cards I purchased if anyone needs them.

I can buy those 2 rounds from you if you still have extra.

Post if you don't have discounted rounds lined up, or PM me, or something. This is the last week to get it done. Friday is it.

~Rock

Post if you don't have discounted rounds lined up, or PM me, or something. This is the last week to get it done. Friday is it.

~Rock
Does anyone have an extra punch for me on Sat AM?

Rock, if u want to post on the front page...I purchased 2 cards and have myself, manlai, rambler and illinimick covered.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Rock, if u want to post on the front page...I purchased 2 cards and have myself, manlai, rambler and illinimick covered.

Done.

Today's hole is Corydon No. 3. A fairly straight forward 190 yard par 3, except for the giant tree in the middle of the fairway. In fact, the hole is called "Tree." I can only guess that Captain Obvious and his Self-Explanatory brothers named that hole. Low ball hitters and most shorter hitters will have to work the ball around the tree. Speaking as a righty, if you yank it left and the ground is firm, you'll roll into a pond. Slice it right, and you'll probably have to pitch the ball over some evergreens to a green sloping away from you. If you get a par, you gained a stroke on the field.

~Rock

I've got a card and will use 1, Shane is going to use 2, and I'll have one punch left on it if anyone needs it.

I may be contemplating this again....

If the girlfriend is going to be out of town (for some reason she might be she is saying.. then I will come!)

If the girlfriend is going to be out of town (for some reason she might be she is saying.. then I will come!)
That would be awesome!

You soooooo should!!

And see my pretty face twice in a year..who could ask for more

I will be if she is out of town

This just made my day.

You should probably encourage the situation by offering matching funds. In other words, if the trip is going to cost you X dollars, then you give the gf X dollars as well.

~Rock

This just made my day.

You should probably encourage the situation by offering matching funds. In other words, if the trip is going to cost you X dollars, then you give the gf X dollars as well.

~Rock

That will not happen.. unless someone is giving me X dollars to give to her haha

That will not happen.. unless someone is giving me X dollars to give to her haha

I am going to Vegas next week, so I'll keep you posted if I win millions.

~Rock

I am going to Vegas next week, so I'll keep you posted if I win millions.

~Rock

Well I hope it does!

On a side note, if I can swing it I am hoping there will be a punch or punches still left on cards. I am planning on playing at least 54 holes (36 sat and 18 sun maybe even 18 more who knows) and I will figure out the lodging thing too

Well I hope it does!

On a side note, if I can swing it I am hoping there will be a punch or punches still left on cards. I am planning on playing at least 54 holes (36 sat and 18 sun maybe even 18 more who knows) and I will figure out the lodging thing too

Currently, it appears there will be a punch available for you. Leaving you one punch short. As for lodging, there is room in the cabin for you if you can make it. Legally, I believe the duplo-cabin can sleep 12, although there are only 8 beds. We'll make sure it works out for you if you can make it.

~Rock

Random thought. About 4 weeks ago, I really stubbed a toe. Hard. It hurt, and took everything I had not to let out a string of swearing in front of my 2 year old. He was concerned about my ow-ey, which probably helped.

The pain is still there. Its actually located in the front ball of my foot. But when I bend that toe, its painful in the ball of my foot.

Im pretty sure I broke my toe, or fractured the joint its connected to. I thought about seeing a doctor, but im literally afraid he will tell me to stay off my feet thru this outing. Mind you, the pain is one of those nagging pains. I dont take pain killers for it and I rarely notice it with shoes on. Ive never noticed it during golf.

Just a random thought to bump the thread. Im watching and waiting for some big storms. I have another random, but minimally relevant thought for this thread in a bit.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Yeah I've done that s time or two. Is it bruised at all? I hear those storms are coming my way next.

Yeah I've done that s time or two. Is it bruised at all? I hear those storms are coming my way next.

Yea, you do get these storms next. So far im just missing them. All the show and none of the hail, wind, or torrential rain so far.

Its not bruised. Its not even swollen. Id call the pain "tender." I havent gone to a doctor because it isnt swollen. But 4 weeks and no reduction in pain has me remembering when I broke a finger and didnt know it.

~Rock

Sounds like a small fracture. Takes a long time to heal usually.

So anyways. Before I got side tracked with a nagging pain, my original random thought was on prior THP outings. Each one was awesome, none better than the other. But each had its own dynamic that made it truly unique. We all come to the same conclusion, a weekend with THPers is awesome, but each event is unique. I started wondering what the dynamic of this event would be, what would make it a success. Then I concluded that the journey is what makes these a success, but we can never predict what lies in each of our journeys.

What makes any thp gathering awesome? I dont know, but im going to enjoy fining out at every event I goto.

~Rock

So anyways. Before I got side tracked with a nagging pain, my original random thought was on prior THP outings. Each one was awesome, none better than the other. But each had its own dynamic that made it truly unique. We all come to the same conclusion, a weekend with THPers is awesome, but each event is unique. I started wondering what the dynamic of this event would be, what would make it a success. Then I concluded that the journey is what makes these a success, but we can never predict what lies in each of our journeys.

What makes any thp gathering awesome? I dont know, but im going to enjoy fining out at every event I goto.

~Rock

Nice post Rock I think the journey is what makes the memories last. Who would of thought that I would meet a group of guys in Iowa especially a place I told myself I would never go back too. Where else would you have a guy meet you at an airport to pick you up when you have never met thanks again Shane in Dallas. Each event has been fun, but I envision this event being like Branson in sitting on a picnic table drinking and shooting the **** with a bunch of great guys.

Other pressing news is I shot a 94 tonight which is a lot better then the 112 I shot at the same course a week earlier. It is amazing what happens when you just keep the ball in front of you. Maybe I will be able to be competitive for this thing.

Alright boys I think I'm taking my talents to Iowa

Back