Song Dog

Reaction score
Handicap
When to walk 9 and got on tee box and got smothered by those stupid buffalo knats. I ran back to truck to get bugs spray and there wasn't any. Grace had a game last night and wifey had left it in her purse.
So....I thought I could work through and all it did was get worse. Every exposed orfice became a magnet. I didn't even keep score, I hustled through it. I got midway and txt back at house to have stuff brought out. I got spray and finished 8&9.
I will have to say that this was the worse round I have ever experienced.

When to walk 9 and got on tee box and got smothered by those stupid buffalo knats. I ran back to truck to get bugs spray and there wasn't any. Grace had a game last night and wifey had left it in her purse.
So....I thought I could work through and all it did was get worse. Every exposed orfice became a magnet. I didn't even keep score, I hustled through it. I got midway and txt back at house to have stuff brought out. I got spray and finished 8&9.

I never play without bug spray, especially in the afternoon. The black flies or buffalo nats as you called them are just nasty and are absolutely everywhere around here. I cannot stand them and with some greens there's literally hundreds around me I can't even think let alone try to make a putt. I feel your pain, just gotta prepare haha

Yeah, I make sure to keep bug spray in the bag now. I grew up below the gnat line and anytime I go back home they annoy the crap out of me.

"They" say dryer sheets work well. I have never tried this though.

I am 43 and I do not remember these things when I was a kid and seemed like they began about 6-7 years ago. I wonder where they came from.

The bugs here in WNY have been pretty brutal. I'll be picking up a couple cans of bug spray as now it's getting too hot to play in pants. It's an absolute must.

"They" say dryer sheets work well. I have never tried this though.

I remember hearing that as well, I've never tried it, but I think maybe I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Usually my front left and back right pocket are always empty so I'll have to give it a go and report back.

I remember hearing that as well, I've never tried it, but I think maybe I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Usually my front left and back right pocket are always empty so I'll have to give it a go and report back.
put one through the belt loop in the back middle of your waist band, should work

Haven't had much bad luck with bugs around me, they are rarely a noticable issue. However, whenever I play in northern NY (Adirondack area) it is impossible to enjoy a round without having ample bug spray.
I did manage to get stung twice by hornets in my last round though. Luckily it was on the 18th green and I was able to head right out.

Summer time - early am rounds with dew on the ground as the sun is rising equals "bug spray"

Yeah, I make sure to keep bug spray in the bag now. I grew up below the gnat line and anytime I go back home they annoy the crap out of me.

Not to mention the south Georgia mosquitos, those things are huge (and blood thirsty).

Never leaves my bag this time of year.

pain-relieving-liquid-plus.png

Not to mention the south Georgia mosquitos, those things are huge (and blood thirsty).

We train them to feast on foreigners, meaning those not from south GA.

Our country used to spray freely to keep the bugs away. In the little town I'm in, they used to just spray the crap out of curbs and the front of our yards. At the lake of the ozarks, it's still rare to find mosquitoes because of the years of spraying they used to do of the shore lines.

But then people got all sensitive about mass quantities of chemicals being put everywhere and bald eagles dying, so we don't do it anymore.

~Rock

DEET. Lots of it. I've been out for 2 rounds without mine (last year's was empty in the bag), and my legs are a mass of black fly bites. Not enjoyable, and the little buggers are a real trial when you're trying to make a shot.

Dryer sheets, Skinsosoft, you name it we try it. Only stuff I've had that works was the old Muskol. They've reduced the DEET percentage in that, but it's still my go-to.
Don't get it on anything plastic.

Been in the same boat lately with bugs and feel like I spend most of my round swatting them away. Need to pick up some bug spray as soon as possile!

It has been crazy bad up here around Peoria. I have been breathing and getting them in my dam mouth. And seems like everytime I am sweating they just get even worse.

If you like gnats I would totally avoid it. Pharmacy in the Ben Gay aisle. Put some on your cheeks, neck and arms.

If you like gnats I would totally avoid it. Pharmacy in the Ben Gay aisle. Put some on your cheeks, neck and arms.

does it have a strong smell like Ben Gay?

Yep. Menthol-ish, but you don't notice it after it's on for a minute. It's like a liquid too, so no greazy stuff on your hands or anything.

Yep. Menthol-ish, but you don't notice it after it's on for a minute. It's like a liquid too, so no greazy stuff on your hands or anything.

good stuff. I'll have to check it out

Hahaha. This would be a good commercial.

Few things are as annoying as persistent bugs.

Back