Stock Market & Retirement Planning

What company(s) do you guys use to make your trades, and what made you decide to use them over the others?

I use USAA, because that's where I do my banking. It's nice to see everything on one page sometimes.

Wfm is ok. I have been doing a lot of pharma. Ziop is a spec stock I see much upside. Buy ziop at 3.40 with a 3.00 stop. Set sell at $11.00

Schwab here, and TD ameritrade for my options/forex/futures stuff. Great platform for that.

Been loving the move by F recently. Might even drop some of it with its recent gains.
WFM strong today as well.
PETM, already paid for itself I think. That one is a keeper for a while.

It's just nice to have positive stuff going on after the last few weeks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

I have 4 Scottrade accounts, handle all my buys and sells on line. Always record mad money, watch a little cnbc every morning. Been a member of Cramer's action alerts plus for 2 years now. Well worth the small price. He has a fairly large charitable trust portfolio of about 30 or so stocks. He in real time provides you an email with reasons and analysis for every buy, sell, or new stock for the portfolio. He REVEALS THE BUY OR SELL PRICE , NUMBER OF SHARES and reasoning behind the move. if ANYTHING NOTEWORTHY IS GOING ON WITH ONE OF HIS STOCKS an email analysis is provided. Every Friday afternoon he provides a weekly analysis of every stock in his char. trust portfolio (u sually his charitable trust has approx. 30 stocks) this analysis includes target prices and whether they are rated a one, two or a three.

I have been doing this for many years now, work on it about 10 hours per week.

I am already all over WFM. Love where that stock is at and with our cost average purchase, we are in good shape there.
PETM is a small long purchase for us. Small amount and sit on it. 52 week high of 77 or so and can be had around 55 right now.

I went the other way on WFM , RECENTLY BOUGHT IT AT $50.?? , HELD IT ABOUT 3 WEEKS sold it all about 5 cents higher cause did not like the analysis. Quickly thereafter it went down to the $30's, have not bought any back yet.

F, DAL and AAPL all making me happy today. Looking forward to this AAPL split.

F, WFM and PETM all on a tear recently. My feeling on Ford paid off in a big way recently and with where it is now, I am cashing out half and keeping half. Should make a nice little turn on that one.

Nice job, JB! Good call on F. Good pick. (speaking of, did you see the news on GM this morning? saw the Barra's speech on cnbc)

Selling half is one of the ways I like to exit winners. Some others: trailing stops, selling calls, selling cost basis + x%. Depends usually on what I plan to do with the proceeds once I'm out, and timing with report/econ data release dates/taxes. If I have something I want in on now, but no cash to put to work, I'll usually sell half or cost basis. T-stops and calls are a good way to lock in gains with the possibility of still participating in any future rallies.

Looks like the WFM run was due to rumors that Publix is going to buy them. That would certainly be interesting.

Looks like the WFM run was due to rumors that Publix is going to buy them. That would certainly be interesting.

That is part of it.
The revenue growth also came in higher than industry average and they showed growth of just under 10%.

My company recently launched another division that became its own standalone public company, so for every 4 shares of my company's stock we own, we were given 1 share of the new division's stock. It was a nice boost to the 401(k).

Man, PTM went nuts today. Love seeing them continue to move up. About $2 more and I might jump off of them.

Thinking of grabbing a couple new index funds. Anybody have any recommendations? I am very SPY heavy right now.

By the way, GoPro is going NUTS.

Walked away from F and PETM today. What a couple of weeks for both. Cashed out in the black pretty heavy.

Walked away from F and PETM today. What a couple of weeks for both. Cashed out in the black pretty heavy.

I have a pretty good chunk in F, but I am still going to hold it. I am really hoping AAPL hits 95 today to trigger some sell orders.

I have a pretty good chunk in F, but I am still going to hold it. I am really hoping AAPL hits 95 today to trigger some sell orders.

Looking at AAPL to drop to 90 again and I will be all over it.
I have bought and sold that stock about a hundred times it seems.
F is still strong for me in a long term hold, but I made good money and with how crazy the market is right now from day to day, its hard to stay in looking at cash in the pocket (or in this case retirement).

Looking at AAPL to drop to 90 again and I will be all over it.
I have bought and sold that stock about a hundred times it seems.
F is still strong for me in a long term hold, but I made good money and with how crazy the market is right now from day to day, its hard to stay in looking at cash in the pocket (or in this case retirement).

I just sold a third of my AAPL shares at a tidy little profit. I can't bring myself to cash in on DIS. I bought a pile of it in 2010 at $31.28 and just can't bring myself to sell. I suspect I will be holding onto it for years and years.

Not really an investment story, but something fun and financial related anyway. When I was a senior in high school, I won a citizenship award from the Daughters of the American Revolution. Part of the award was a $50 EE savings bond. The purchase value was $25 and I think the way it works is that after 7 years, it would be worth $50. Anyway, I just found it yesterday packed away in a box since February of 1992. I looked it up, and it can continue to earn interest until 2022. It's current worth is about $75. Perhaps not the most impressive investment return of all time.

I just sold a third of my AAPL shares at a tidy little profit. I can't bring myself to cash in on DIS. I bought a pile of it in 2010 at $31.28 and just can't bring myself to sell. I suspect I will be holding onto it for years and years.

Not really an investment story, but something fun and financial related anyway. When I was a senior in high school, I won a citizenship award from the Daughters of the American Revolution. Part of the award was a $50 EE savings bond. The purchase value was $25 and I think the way it works is that after 7 years, it would be worth $50. Anyway, I just found it yesterday packed away in a box since February of 1992. I looked it up, and it can continue to earn interest until 2022. It's current worth is about $75. Perhaps not the most impressive investment return of all time.

Thats pretty cool. Its actually a solid return, just small amounts. I would sit on it.

it's over 95 now

Im watching GMCR very closely. Their partnership with Coke could make this skyrocket.

looking like today could be a rough day

looking like today could be a rough day

The last few have been for some.
I was very thankful to dump a lot late last week and into this week.
Bought up a ton of AAPL before the end of summer.

Back