JFlores

Reaction score
Handicap
I just purchased this driver from a buyer on another big forum, the guys feedback scores are pretty good but I was concerned about the sn, as you can see on the driver its littler lower than usual. I contacted the buyer and he says he would refund the money or I can try it out for two weeks and if I dont like it he would refund my money as well as pay the shipping.

He also purchased from http://www.ebay.com/itm/Callaway-X-...B%2Frs9LxG88mmN1IT3do%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I guess I am covered either way cause I used paypal and I already spoke to the seller and he is very accommodating. Just wanted to see if this something some one has come across in relation to location of s/n or do these things happen every now and then where s/n is crooked.

I would get a refund and buy from only a certified Callaway dealer. Callaway Pre-owned has some pretty good deals as well with zero worries.

I'll need to look when I get home, but the two things I bought from CPO last week looked like the SN number was in a weird place maybe it was lower? Good to see the guy is accommodating though.

I bought my X2 Hot driver from Callawaygolf.com, I will have a look once I am done work and update later.

Until then just call Callaway and give them the serial number without telling them what the club is and see if it matches what you are holding.

I bought my X2 Hot driver from Callawaygolf.com, I will have a look once I am done work and update later.

Until then just call Callaway and give them the serial number without telling them what the club is and see if it matches what you are holding.

No longer the end all. The scammers learned long ago to use real serial numbers.

That is a weird place for the etching. I'll take a look at my X2 when I get home and try to post a pic for you.

Yes they did, but they don't always have the right one for the club. But either way I'll take a picture of mine here in a bit.

Last edited:
Looks like maybe mass production. Would pay to check

I hit a few times and for me the bertha is longer. I explained my concern that reselling someone would raise the same questions I had, he refunded me the full amount + shipping which I will refund cause he had been great through the process.

@JFlores sorry for the late reply. Mine is definitely in a different place and doesn't overlap on the face at all. (I blocked out the sn on mine)

IMG_0181.jpg

Get your money navk

Thanks guys, I got my refund sending club back.

I'd still like to hear what callaway actually said the SN was for though. Takes like 5 minutes to call them.

I'd still like to hear what callaway actually said the SN was for though. Takes like 5 minutes to call them.
I didn't call, I was ok with the way the guy handled I made him aware of the situation and he was more than happy to refund my money. Even if they say serial number is legit doesn't mean it's 100% positive. To me it looked like when it got stamped the S/N something happen in manufacturing end. Outside the S/n everything else looked legit. I just didn't want to deal w the headaches of reselling. I would think qa/qc would not allow something like that leave shop but I wouldn't know.

It's more of a curiosity thing. Like oh that serial number is off of an FTiZ Driver or something. I can see from the pic what the number is, if I'm bored I will call it in and see. Glad they guy refunded you tho.

Glad you're sending it back. Mine looks exactly like Matt's.

#insertsarcastichoustongolfwrxgroupcommenthere

giving up your plastic kiddie clubs Jack?
Yeah stepping up to teenage clubs now.

It's more of a curiosity thing. Like oh that serial number is off of an FTiZ Driver or something. I can see from the pic what the number is, if I'm bored I will call it in and see. Glad they guy refunded you tho.
Cool, let me know what you find out.

@JFlores, I was bored waiting on a client at work so I called. The number in the image you attached is not in Callaway's database. So I am glad you got your money back, as it is looking like a fake.

Next time take it to an authorized retailer (like Dicks) and they will inspect it for free and let you know if its legit.

Cool no problem, I will let the guy that sold it to me know that way he can go about getting his money back from the ebay seller.

Something interesting to keep in mind, none of the serial numbers from this years release are being tracked in the system. I called about another club, i gave them the sn and he was like it doesn't show in the system. Asked me the year of release, and he said there not keeping track for this year. For whatever that is worth.

Interesting.

All my stuff came directly from Callie, so I have never really had to worry.

Interesting.

All my stuff came directly from Callie, so I have never really had to worry.

Yeah I usually get my stuff from a guy who runs a golf course up in the north east, or ebay power sellers. Scared me for a moment when he told me that it was not in the system but clarified that this years models were not in the system. @mattcrabbe maybe you should try with your x2hot driver and see what you get.

If I remember I will do it tomorrow.

Back