THP West Coast Event - Coming?

I think that the way THP and the Sponors sets up these events the people will come no matter what. I bet an event in Alaska would fill up eventually haha.

Yeah that one might take 10 whole seconds to sell out instead of 2 seconds

If it was in June can you imagine this crew with 24 hours of daylight. You'd never get anyone off the course.

Well except for a buffet of Alaskan Crab!!

Sorry for the double post. I couldn't delete in Tapatalk.

Plenty of spots in Colorado around the Den area. Unfortunately some of the better course are a drive.

At least as far as any nightlife goes. I've never found traveling around town all that time consuming outside of rush hour. I would think an intriguing option in town would be the host of the 1960 US Open, Cherry Creek CC. Although I know little to nothing of the current state of the course or its accessibility.

I do love the idea of THP trip to the left of me, though. Airfare is so nug more reasonable for me in that direction. Almost all of it is very do-able.

At least as far as any nightlife goes. I've never found traveling around town all that time consuming outside of rush hour. I would think an intriguing option in town would be the host of the 1960 US Open, Cherry Creek CC. Although I know little to nothing of the current state of the course or its accessibility.

I do love the idea of THP trip to the left of me, though. Airfare is so nug more reasonable for me in that direction. Almost all of it is very do-able.

I was thinking more of the courses up in Beaver Creek, Silverthorne, & Bear Dance down in Larkspur.

Agree Metro Denver has some quality courses like Arrowhead & such. Cherry Creek would be awesome, but tough to get on I imagine.

A west coast event sounds really intriguing but I don't know enough about resorts and courses out there to make much of a suggestion.

It's an odd spot, but Utah has some amazing courses as well and it's a hub for Delta. Salt Lake and the surrounding area is very pleasant and friendly and fantastic golf.

I would love to do it. San Diego or Monterey Peninsula would be my favorites. Vegas? Wolf Creek.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Have only played "out west" once, in Palm Springs/La Quinta, and loved it. So many course options. Getting ready to play my first rounds in Scottsdale, this coming weekend - hoping I enjoy it just as much. Again, lots of course options.

Although I am a newbie to the forum, I would love to join a West Coast THP event - I am a definite attendee to this when it happens!
Reading thru the thread, I can see that there are great choices all over the West Coast. As a homer, though, I can say that Phoenix Airport is easy to get in and out of, and there are so many great courses and resorts within an hour of the airport that, no matter where you stay, you can't go wrong.
Talking Stick, Whirlwind, WeGoPa, Biltmore (Waldorf Astoria), Camelback (JW Marriott), Wildfire (JW Marriott), any Troon managed property (Boulders, Troon North, Westin Kierland, to name a few), all are great! And if you could get onto a private course out here, the golf would be ridiculous. Prices are good all year. Every one of these places has two or more courses on site.
Tucson, AZ also has some good choices, but is a little tougher to get to. Although I have never flown there.

Im very sorry you feel that way, but it is a rule we live by here. Our grand events will always be travel accessible and driving 2 hours after flying is not something we consider ideal.

We never rule anything out, but it is a standard we shoot for and those that have been to our events seem to have enjoyed the locations and accessiblity that have been offered.

Thank gawd. I'm thinking of return flight and nothing like leaving 4 hours early to catch a flight. ..no thanks

Have only played "out west" once, in Palm Springs/La Quinta, and loved it. So many course options. Getting ready to play my first rounds in Scottsdale, this coming weekend - hoping I enjoy it just as much. Again, lots of course options.

Enjoy! Where are you playing? How many rounds?

Scottsdale is on my radar for sure. I'm very certain I personally would love to head out West for an event- it's something I have wanted to do

I was thinking more of the courses up in Beaver Creek, Silverthorne, & Bear Dance down in Larkspur.

Agree Metro Denver has some quality courses like Arrowhead & such. Cherry Creek would be awesome, but tough to get on I imagine.

I hear ya. Thats more my neck of the woods. Eagle/Vail can be a reasonably affordable airfare too. Higher than most but not Aspen priced. Even still, if there is a place where an extra drive would be kind of acceptable would be a drive up I70 into the rocky mountains. Those who wanted a little more spectacular, take US 6. Incredible drive.

I hear ya. Thats more my neck of the woods. Eagle/Vail can be a reasonably affordable airfare too. Higher than most but not Aspen priced. Even still, if there is a place where an extra drive would be kind of acceptable would be a drive up I70 into the rocky mountains. Those who wanted a little more spectacular, take US 6. Incredible drive.

I agree & I played Red Sky last time I was out there & loved it.

I would definitely be willing to hear west for a THP event. Arizona, California, Nevada, or Oregon. Would love to play something close to the coast, but desert golf would be fantastic also.
Just let me know when and where, and I will do my best to get in to anything you all set up.

Enjoy! Where are you playing? How many rounds?

Thanks. Only playing a couple - one round on each of the Greyhawk courses. Might be back out, later this summer, for a couple of rounds at Talking Stick (fingers crossed).

Thanks. Only playing a couple - one round on each of the Greyhawk courses. Might be back out, later this summer, for a couple of rounds at Talking Stick (fingers crossed).
Enjoy! Great courses!

I've been to FL and LA and going back to FL, I'm in no matter where it is on the west coast!

A west coast event would be so sweet. There's so many great courses out this way. I'll be crossing my fingers something comes. Wish I had more to offer in the way of suggestions. Whatever is done, if it's done, I know it will be awesome though!

T4K, Pumpkin Ridge would be a sweet course to play at, and since my old boss works there now, he might be able to get us a way to play the ghost instead.

Yeah I looked into it last year...disaster

There's no easy way to get there. There's no moderate way to get there. It's basically taking a commuter jet to SW Oregon Regional Airport and then a 20-30 min drive to the property from what I've heard. I don't think many locations even fly to that airport either do they?

I like the idea of Vegas again. I know it has been done but tons Of courses and some fun things to do. Selfishly I would love wolf creek but I know it's kind of a hike

West Coast is a great idea, closer to fly for me :D. I have absolutely no idea about golfing there but would love to tee it up with THPers, depending on when of course( I know it hasn't been conformed).

I love Cali. I would be there in a heartbeat. Bay area or SoCal doesn't much matter.

Any of the Bandon Dunes courses would be awesome. Talk about West Coast Gauntlet.

Back