New Amazon Phone?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The talk is 3D without glasses.

I'm curious about it. I like the Fire HDX quite a bit. Didn't HTC have a 3d phone that you didn't need glasses for?

I'm curious about it. I like the Fire HDX quite a bit. Didn't HTC have a 3d phone that you didn't need glasses for?

The HTC had a dual camera lens that took 3d pictures and video as well. However it was a 3D wehere the screen was "deep" like a diorama, not where stuff appeared to come outside the screen. Don't know if that can be done without glasses

Amazon makes some great stuff. If it will be interesting to see the pricepoint of this phone since a lot of their other stuff (Streamer, tablet, etc) has been cheaper than the competition

Yeah it has been done before. It didnt look that great either. I thought it was a phone that was exlusive to the sprint network.

The HTC had a dual camera lens that took 3d pictures and video, but the screen was not 3d - you still needed glasses to view the 3d stuff.

Amazon makes some great stuff. If it will be interesting to see the pricepoint of this phone since a lot of their other stuff (Streamer, tablet, etc) has been cheaper than the competition

I'm pretty sure the screen was glasses free 3d.
The Evo 3D uses a 960×540-pixel 4.3-inch screen coated with Gorilla Glass, capable of autostereoscopy for the viewing of 3D content without the need for specialized glasses.

Either way it will be cool to see how the tech has changed and what it looks like now. Big amazon fan and prime member so I'm curious to see what the pricing and other details are with this. I've read something about Prime data. Guess we will find out more in 2 weeks.

Very interesting. I have heard rumors about an Amazon phone, but not much other information. Will it run on Android or be a completely new operating system? Personally 3D would be cool to play with, but I imagine would get old really fast. I could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure the screen was glasses free 3d.

Either way it will be cool to see how the tech has changed and what it looks like now. Big amazon fan and prime member so I'm curious to see what the pricing and other details are with this. I've read something about Prime data. Guess we will find out more in 2 weeks.

Yeah, just updated my post. It was 3D, but not in the way most people think. If Amazon's screen is just like the HTC Evo 3D, than I don't know if it is that much of an "innovation"

• Admin
Big amazon fan and prime member so I'm curious to see what the pricing and other details are with this. I've read something about Prime data. Guess we will find out more in 2 weeks.

Me too. They treat us very well and are great for media.

Also curious to see which carriers this is made available for. Obviously it it will come with off-contract pricing, but will will it be GSM (ATT TMobile) only, or will there be a CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) version as well

Yeah, just updated my post. It was 3D, but not in the way most people think. If Amazon's screen is just like the HTC Evo 3D, than I don't know if it is that much of an "innovation"

agreed.

Here is the latest image I found of it. From BGR. Looks like the iphone and galaxy s line had a baby.

bgr-amazon-smartphone-kindle-fire-phone.jpg

Intresting a 3D phone would feel funny interfacing with because the control surface would still be in 2D

I would imagine it's an upgraded version of the tech used in the 3DS. Seems very very cool.

I would love it if they stuck it to the carriers.
Give me their customer service and plans and I would even pay more just so they could piggy back.
#PipeDream but still a guy can dream.

Big Amazon fan here, definitely curious to hear more.

agreed.

Here is the latest image I found of it. From BGR. Looks like the iphone and galaxy s line had a baby.

And the interface is obviously going to be built on Android, but the Amazon skin on the OS makes it look window-phoney as well.

Prime Data will be interesting. My guess is that all data relative to amazon apps will not count towards your monthly carrier data cap. Amazon essentially be paying the carrier on the side for this.

Also, it sadly looks like this will be ATT only.

We are definitely an Amazon household, and both of our iPhone contracts are up here in a few months. I'll be interested in seeing what this is all about.

I would love it if they stuck it to the carriers.
Give me their customer service and plans and I would even pay more just so they could piggy back.
#PipeDream but still a guy can dream.

The carriers would still get their money - the money for data would just come from Amazon rather than the end user. And like all business, the cost will someone be transferred to the end user - likely through a premium cost for an "unlimited" Prime Data account. Obviously only data relevant to any of the Amazon Apps would be subject to Prime Data. You'd most likely still need to pay for some sort of data from the carrier.

I home I am wrong, but based on the articles I've read, it looks like this is going to be targeted at people who do a ton of video/music streaming.

Very curious to see this thing. Cool stuff, thanks for posting.

The carriers would still get their money - the money for data would just come from Amazon rather than the end user. And like all business, the cost will someone be transferred to the end user - likely through a premium cost for an "unlimited" Prime Data account. Obviously only data relevant to any of the Amazon Apps would be subject to Prime Data. You'd most likely still need to pay for some sort of data from the carrier.

I home I am wrong, but based on the articles I've read, it looks like this is going to be targeted at people who do a ton of video/music streaming.

I was not referring to Prime Data.

Ah, just off-contract pricing then. Agreed. If you can get a top tier phone under $249 off contract, that would be a game changer.

Make it free for Prime Users. Simple request, right?

But will there be a Tapatalk app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course. It will be running Android

Is Tapatalk on the Amazon App Store? I may be wrong but Amazon devices don't have access to Google Play.

Back