Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I've got a TB sitting at home waiting to find a home as well. I'm thinking of putting it in my 588 for the hell of it.

That needs to happen I think... and happen quick.

I'll do it tonight then. Really was just looking for an excuse lol.

I'll do it tonight then. Really was just looking for an excuse lol.

I like it... love me some shaft tinkering..

I am pretty ecstatic about the way I have been hitting these hybrids out on the course. Other than one silly hook of a long par 3 in league, it has been nothing but straight and long for me. I've even tested it out of different lies and it still performs really well out of medium rough and also out of some hard pan type areas. I've never hit a hybrid as well as I have it this one. The tour green shaft feels pretty incredible too, it pairs so well with the pro head it's not even funny.

I've had some hit and miss range sessions with the X2Hot Pro 3h. It's totally mental. I try to over swing for some reason, and things get sideways.

When I step back and try to hit the 3h like my 7i, the ball rockets off the face, and I get a nice, high draw.

When I'm swinging decently and just letting the club work, this club is amazing. Can't wait to put the 20* through the paces at the Morgan Cup.

Still wishing I had grabbed the 3h, but for now the 4h is really my go-to hybrid and I've hit/played quite a few recently. For me, the ball has to be perched or in sparse rough to get any height, (height is fine from fairway) but I'm still able to get the ball out of it most of the time.

I am in love with the 4h, we have a couple longer approach shots and 1 long par 3 at home, I can't wait to put it through it's paces, the few I hit on the range felt great and I saw some great distance, hopefully I finally have a high shot that'll land soft.

I'm in ponder mode with adding the 5h to the 3 and 4 that are already in my bag. I'm just not hitting my 5i all that consistently.

I wish I had 3/5.

I've got some old clubs to trade in and the 5h is the only club I'm pondering right now.

Ha. Me too! Though it's the 3h.

A lot more consistent lately off the tee after moving the ball position to the center of my stance. This has become my go to club on short par 4s less than 350yds. Also the ball really jumps off the clubface from the rough and with rollout can another 20-25yds. I feel very confident reaching for this club in the bag.

Got the 4h with Tour Green, its my new 215 club... I like it better than the G20 it replaced, the sound off the face is great and very easy to get into the air.

A lot more consistent lately off the tee after moving the ball position to the center of my stance. This has become my go to club on short par 4s less than 350yds. Also the ball really jumps off the clubface from the rough and with rollout can another 20-25yds. I feel very confident reaching for this club in the bag.

Weird how golf is... I hooked the crap out of mine. I was talking to the pro I see and showed him what was happening, and he had me move it up in my stance. My miss is still left, but it is no where near as bad as it was.

This club is amazing. I was looking for a 3 wood alternative because my Driver has been great this season, so I am pulling my driver out of the bag more and I am not super confident with my 3 w off the deck. So I went to hit the Ping G 25 4 wood, the Adams XTD Hybrid 16* and the Callaway X2 Hot pro hybrid 16*. It came down to the Adams and Callaway. The Adams price really scared me $299 for Hybrid was a bit much, so I went with the X2. The clubs very comparable and I like the Callaway line more.

I played this monday and the X2 off the tee was huge and even better off the deck. I was able to hit a draw with ease and crush in straight. I love this club to the point I am considering replacing my original X hots in the bag with the new X2.

Anyone know someone at Callaway (LOL)

I was just crushing these today. The 3h was giving a total distance of around 200 yards and the 4h was just under 190. I can't recommend these enough if you are in the market for hybrids.

Thanks for that info.

I've been wondering what sort of gap people are seeing between those two.

Thanks for that info.

I think I need to get rid of the 4 and go with the 5. My gap from 3 to 4 isn't substantial at all Ryan.

I see like 210 from the 4 and 220 from the 3. Then my 5 iron is like my 185 club so I am running into some issues with that around 200 yard shot

I'm thinking I'd just like another 10-15 yards to close up the gap I have to my 4w. Maybe I'll wait and take a few swings with JB's this weekend to see what I can expect.

How big is your gap between 4w and 4h now?

Like 30 yards or so. Including roll.

I dont let people hit my clubs...hehe

Hahaha. I will fistbump the hybrid only. Promise!

Hahaha. I will fistbump the hybrid only. Promise!

I hope you hit it insanely well.
Then during our match I shall turn to you and say "sorry, competitors cannot share clubs".

Thanks for that info.

The problem is, my 5i is only good for 165. I've now got a huge gap if I continue to hit the 4h that well.

It may be time to add the 5h into the bag.

Back