Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Today's hole is Corydon No. 5. It is a 210 yard par 3 with a green that slopes heavily to the right and a bit away from you. You actually can't see the green while teeing off, although you can see much of the flag, so it's not totally blind. The hole is called Shot Gun Alley. I don't know why. It's rural Iowa. If you miss, you want to miss big right. A miss left has you pitching/chipping down hill with not much green to work with. Miss a little to the right, you'll be in a line of trees separating two fairways. Miss big right, you'll be in a neighboring fairway with an open shot and hitting into the upslope of the green. Or you could hit straight, get on the green, and 2 putt your way to the next hole.

~Rock

Sounds like my kind of hole if a big miss right is the way to go. I'm getting really excited for this, but I might not be able to make the Cordyn round and just meet you all for Dinner. The latest I will be there is 7.

Sounds like my kind of hole if a big miss right is the way to go. I'm getting really excited for this, but I might not be able to make the Cordyn round and just meet you all for Dinner. The latest I will be there is 7.

No problem if you can't make the Corydon round. It's just something to pass the time Friday afternoon.

~Rock

Man today has just been one of those days.... I'm not sure if I can count Iowa as a vacation or not, but I'm going to anyway. Buying a lottery ticket on the way home. And Rock, there's no way you're an 18.2 handicap....

Oh and I almost had drp talked into coming....Was a good try! :)

Man today has just been one of those days.... I'm not sure if I can count Iowa as a vacation or not, but I'm going to anyway. Buying a lottery ticket on the way home. And Rock, there's no way you're an 18.2 handicap....

Oh and I almost had drp talked into coming....Was a good try! :)

Based on my last couple of rounds on rated courses this year (meaning not Corydon), I'm somewhere in the mid-20s. That 18.2 was at the end of last year, but I don't think it included Beaver Creek or that course in Ames in October. Beaver Creek would have helped my handicap, but Ames (more like Lames) did not. My best at the Preserve is like, 84 I think, from the middle tees, and that was 4 years ago I think. I typically shoot mid 90s out there, depends how I'm driving the ball that day really. You'd be surprised, my handicap really isn't that good. I actually had an epiphany that if I can strike the ball so well at Corydon, but just hit all sorts of bad shots when on 'foreign courses,' maybe my mental game needs worked on.

Unfortunately for my game, we got 4 inches of rain Tuesday night. As a result, no league yesterday. Its supposed to rain this weekend, so I decided I'd just take my cart in to get a 'quirk' checked out. Then I'm gone all next week on vacation. Right when my game was getting good and consistent, and I'm going to be without golf for 2 weeks, leaving me only 2 more weeks to get back in golf shape.

I bought a lottery ticket yesterday....I got one number, and it was not the powerball. Oh well, I guess its just another donation to the State. I'm sure I'll make plenty of donations to Vegas next week too.

~Rock

Another day, another hole. By the time I leave for Vegas on Tuesday, were going to be starting the holes of the main dish, The Preserve. But until then,

Corydon Hole No. 6. A 224 yard par 3, slightly uphill. It's called "Hard Hat Area." This is because the faders and slicers on Number 5 are landing right on your tee box, and the people teeing off on Number 7 are aiming right at you. Oh, and the pull pop up shot coming off No. 4 can also land right here. In short, it's a bit dangerous. This is the only 2 tiered green on the course. Since not everyone can hit 220+ yard par 3 greens all the time, we plan which side to come in from based on the location of the pin. If the pin is left, come in from the left. If the pin is center or right, come in from the right.

Also today is the last day to get in on discount rate cards everyone! I know (or believe) that everyone already committed to this event is taken care of, so let's get a few more people for this event, and get in on you discount rate card today! See first post for details, post here or PM me with any questions.

~Rock

It's friiiiiiday....friiiiiday..... Oh wait, is this not the karaoke thread?! :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

It's friiiiiiday....friiiiiday..... Oh wait, is this not the karaoke thread?! :)

Were you just quoting Rebecca Black?

~Rock

Were you just quoting Rebecca Black?

~Rock

If that's her name.... That's the only line I know.

If that's her name.... That's the only line I know.

Hahaha. That line is almost the entire song.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Thanks to the guy who should come to Iowa.... :p

Man I can't even think of a witty comeback, sigh

Actually....I take that back that song was 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back. U suck.....

Haha win!

Haha win!

Hmmm....when we'll see about that when I post all the pictures from Iowa.... Boom!

Hmmm....when we'll see about that when I post all the pictures from Iowa.... Boom!

I could take the pics and make a video montage with Friday as the background sound :D

I could take the pics and make a video montage with Friday as the background sound :D

Whatever makes u feel better

Well, golf in Iowa would probably work the best...

Maybe you should play golf in Iowa then, hmmmm? Just sayin'. Staying at home is like Rebecca Black friday, boring, bland, uneventful, you wish you had done anything else.

Coming to iowa, that's like scissor sisters dancing video. Colorful, cheerful, lots of happy dancing.

~Rock

Last edited:
Maybe you should play golf in Iowa then, hmmmm? Just sayin'. Staying at home is like Rebecca Black friday, boring, bland, uneventful, you wish you had done anything else.

Coming to iowa, that's like scissor sisters dancing video. Colorful, cheerful, lots of happy dancing.

~Rock

Apparently, posting videos from my phone doesn't work great. Still, you can't watch the scissor sisters dancing and not just sit there with a huge grin on your face. Just like you can't miss coming to Iowa to play golf for 50% off the entire weekend. Deadline today, jump in, get those discount cards. After today, we still want you to come to Iowa, but you'll have to pay full green fees.

~Rock

Ok, I had to turn that off to keep from busting out laughing at work. That is hilarious, well played.

Getting pounded again Rock?! Looks like rain

I am so ready for this weekend. Nothing like just playing golf and drinking beer to relax.

One thing is for sure, we wont be in drought conditions. I agree, cant wait. Washed my grips today, cleaned shoes, getting ready. Cant wait.

~Rock

I almost forgot. Todays hole is Corydon No. 7. Its called "one for the road." Have you noticed the hole names are all negative? How can you play golf with all this negativity?

Its a 365 yard par 4. If you slice (right handed) you are going over the road and out of bounds. Safe play is to aim to number 6 tee off, because its a clear shot to get to get there and then a clear shot to the green. Some people even aim further left and take it to 5 fairway. The further right you are, the more aggressive you can attack the flag, but the further right you are, the closer you are to that road.

~Rock

Back