Odyssey Putters Thread

WHP. All the way.

That's my thinking as well but want to roll both side by side. I need to get a new putter dialed in for the gauntlet. The SeeMore just isn't working for me

A #9 is in my future. Versa or White Hot Pro is my only decision left...

In the Versa for some reason the WHP is just better. I don't know why and it's probably all in my head but I much preferred the WHP over the MXM. Still both great putters but the WHP is just a great insert.

In the Versa for some reason the WHP is just better. I don't know why and it's probably all in my head but I much preferred the WHP over the MXM. Still both great putters but the WHP is just a great insert.

All about materials used in the rest of the head, Buck and I talked about this a lot a whole back and that's what Harry told him. Same insert, different feedback/feel

I picked up a Versa 1W WBW for my dad for his birthday. He's been gaming a white hot Rossie for years now, and I suspect the Versa alignment will help him out.

I'm playing with him and my brother this weekend. Should be fun. I may or may not roll the 1W a few times.

Glad I opted for the Versa. He putted really well with it today.

The rest, not so much.

Spent an hour rolling all sorts of putters and realized one thing, I really really like counter balance. I think that's what is killing my putting with my current flat stick.

Just so much control for me with the Tank 330m. I may have found my putter. I loved the #9 WHP but my stroke really prefers the counter balance.

I rolled multiple other brands as well but the Tank won out.

23 putts in my round today. Twenty Three

Needless to say the Protype IX #9HT is staying in the bag

First full round with my 330M Tank Cruiser. I'm still getting used to the insert, but really like the consistent roll it generates. The short 5-3 ft putts are rolling in & building confidence.

23 putts in my round today. Twenty Three

Needless to say the Protype IX #9HT is staying in the bag

I'm lusting over that thing something terrible. That insert...oh that insert.

I'm lusting over that thing something terrible. That insert...oh that insert.

Dude, I didn't think I could ever putt with an insert again, and this has shown me otherwise. It's everything I need in a putter: High toe to help me get putter level, perfect weight (350g) and absolute incredible feel. I'm so confident with it it's nearly become point and shoot for me for anything inside 15 feet.

I had 23 putts and it could have been 20. Lag putting with this thing is a breeze

Dude, I didn't think I could ever putt with an insert again, and this has shown me otherwise. It's everything I need in a putter: High toe to help me get putter level, perfect weight (350g) and absolute incredible feel. I'm so confident with it it's nearly become point and shoot for me for anything inside 15 feet.

I had 23 putts and it could have been 20. Lag putting with this thing is a breeze

If I could've just waited for this instead of the MXM versa, I would've. Trying to snipe one on eBay now, or work out a trade.

If I could've just waited for this instead of the MXM versa, I would've. Trying to snipe one on eBay now, or work out a trade.

I almost bit on an mxm Versa, but I figured I'd go for a putter that had a different feel. My decision has paid off

Rolled the Tank Cruiser #1 today for the first time and made some nice length putts including a 30 footer on 17 for bird. Greens were pretty slow and had the heavy weights in the head and grip. Really liked the feel and roll. Looking forward to the next few rounds with it to get more comfortable. First putter w a super stroke, like it so far.

Rolled the Tank Cruiser #1 today for the first time and made some nice length putts including a 30 footer on 17 for bird. Greens were pretty slow and had the heavy weights in the head and grip. Really liked the feel and roll. Looking forward to the next few rounds with it to get more comfortable. First putter w a super stroke, like it so far.

Are you planning on moving the weights around at all?

Odyssey claims another win. Ben Crane rolling a White Hot Pro #5 in this week's St. Jude Classic.

Shot an 81 Saturday with 31 putts and no 3 jacks. Tank Cruiser #7 has given me so much confidence on lags and inside of 10 feet. Really loving this putter. First tourney with it Thursday, hopefully it keeps performing.

Down to two left to get, I hope to have a deal in place for each in the next week or so.

2en9b95.jpg

On a side note, I am going to give the ProType ix a shot this week.

Down to two left to get, I hope to have a deal in place for each in the next week or so.

2en9b95.jpg

On a side note, I am going to give the ProType ix a shot this week.

Wow, that is one dang impressive collection. Wow. Post that up on twitter to Koske and Sabella, they'd love that.

Wow, that is one dang impressive collection. Wow. Post that up on twitter to Koske and Sabella, they'd love that.

I'm waiting until I have them all. Austie has been helping me along with what I am missing. The Japanese ones are tough.

I'm waiting until I have them all. Austin has been helping me along with what I am missing. The Japanese ones are tough.

Only 2 left though, that's incredible.

Today confirmed why I like the Black Series. Was lethal from inside 8', and all of 2 3-jacks. Such a great putter...I might get a flow-neck version soon, for the last bit of Morgan Cup tuneup.

Are you planning on moving the weights around at all?

Sorry, just saw this Jordan. The course I played and where most of my rounds are these days have pretty soft and slow greens. I putt in the heavy weights in the head and grip, I believe they were 30 each.

I would move to the lighter weights on faster greens in the head. Need to experiment more to see the impact.

Those things look awesome...shame about the price.

Back