RobRaine180

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, i want to purchase a golf net that i can put up in my garden and take it down when not needed. Which do you recommend and has to be available in the UK.

I would recommend the Rukk net if you can find it over there. Super easy and quick setup and break down and great quality.

hmm just had a look at that net and it looks great but if i shank one it wont hit the net?

or can you stand close enough to the net for this not to happen?

I cant imagine a way you could miss the net to be perfectly honest. You are hitting right in front of the net.

doesn't look like its available over here

you've just gave me a great idea on how i could do something similar to yourself.

I had no luck with nets. They always just fell over and really didn't give me any feedback since you can't see ball flight. Long term I would love build a large cage of sorts possibly from PVC pipe and buy a nice quality simulator that I can use for colder months and a fun game for parties. I don't have any indoor space for such a thing but I have seen people do this outside. Someday........dreams can come true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izzo Big Mouth Instant Range. Easy up and down and has a chipping basket. Not pricey either. Got mine off Ebay for under $50 US.

Last edited:
I have the skilz net and it is super easy to use, and huge too (8 x 8), without being cumbersome. Less than 2 mins setup/takedown.

Rukk has stood up to tons and tons of use. No, you can't miss the net, even on a shank.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=the+net+return&tag=mh0a9-21&index=sports&hvadid=3171124593&ref=pd_sl_81z9ewcua_pp

Don't know if this will work. I did an Amazon search in the UK for Net Return which is an awesome net system, but it is expensive and, while being a net can be set up and taken down, there are other easier systems for that. The second item looks just like the Rukk Net that was previously mentioned, but it's made by a different company. Maybe someone on your side of the pond? Who knows. That Rukk Net system is really intriguing for the price point and for the ease of setup and takedown.

Love my birdie ball net. It was only like 80 bucks when I bought it last winter and its made with easy assemble metal and very durable netting. http://www.birdieball.com/customdocs/nets.asp
Its the quick set up net on the site. Good luck

I bought one from Golf Town a few years ago, balls starting going through the net after about 5 minutes of swinging... So disappointed, spent around $70-$80 for it and used it once. Is there a brand out there that lasts?

Izzo Big Mouth Instant Range. Easy up and down and has a chipping basket. Not pricey either. Got mine off Ebay for under $50 US.

How solid is the hitting mat?

How solid is the hitting mat?

The mat I use was a separate purchase and I only use it for the driver or inside in the winter.
Not that great with irons, it will move, but it is better than nothing.
Do not know anything about the one included in the bundle mentioned earlier.

those look pretty sweet

Back